Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-12-2008, 12:14 AM  
Phobia

I think I need some research assistance.

As some of you may know, I write a monthly column for homeowners. Generally I recommend products for projects around the home or teach people how to do projects themselves within my columns.

For next month's column, I want to convince homeowners that maintaining and improving their castle will lead to a more satisfying and contented lifestyle not only in their home-life but professionally as well.

I think I can present my opinions in a well-reasoned manner but I'd like to also reference studies that may have been done on the topic.

I've had this column idea for several months but have been unsuccessful in locating proper resources in many attempts. Any ideas?
Old 04-12-2008, 12:20 AM   #2
a.k.a. Lenny

Might try Playboy.
Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:21 AM   #3
Phobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88-31-10 View Post
Might try Playboy.
Can't. Wife stopped renewing my subscription when we had a kid.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:23 AM   #4
a.k.a. Lenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
Can't. Wife stopped renewing my subscription when we had a kid.
Tell her there's some really good "home improvement" articles in there.

Last edited by Boon; 04-12-2008 at 12:37 AM.. Reason: spellin
Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:25 AM   #5
In Search of a Life

HGTV ??
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:38 AM   #6
Phobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
HGTV ??
Thanks but no. I'm in search of actual psychological studies of home environment and how it impacts one emotionally.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:39 AM   #7
Don't Tug on Superman's Cape

That's deep man
booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:40 AM   #8
a.k.a. Lenny

No shit.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:42 AM   #9
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Thanks but no. I'm in search of actual psychological studies of home environment and how it impacts one emotionally.

Dude, guys dont want to read about that emotional sh*t.

Just give us the goods. Tell us how to fix the toilet, install laminate flooring, paint, etc....
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:45 AM   #10

Quote:
. Generally I recommend products for projects around the home or teach people how to do projects themselves within my columns.
Don't you also work on their projects yourself as a contractor?

Now you want to tell them how to do it themselves, for free?

How ya going to make money?
booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:45 AM   #11
AIC

drunk some alcodahol....yea im a durehnkink! dryunk
KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:46 AM   #12
a.k.a. Lenny

Here ya go.....

http://distributistleague.blogspot.c...is-castle.html
Old 04-12-2008, 12:48 AM   #13
Phobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Dude, guys dont want to read about that emotional sh*t.

Just give us the goods. Tell us how to fix the toilet, install laminate flooring, paint, etc....
It's not directed towards guys. I have a few different reasons for the article, not the least of which is offering a different twist than what you see or read every day. But I write essentially in exchange for advertising and it's a marketing arm for my construction company.

So, if I tell a potential client that a new kitchen is going to make her happy and successful in her job she's going to think I'm feeding her a line of crap.

But if I tell her a new kitchen is going to make her happy, improve her marriage, make her kids more apt to become successful as adults - and here are the independent studies and research on the topic then maybe I sell a kitchen or two. I know these studies are available. I've seen them referenced in print and on TV more than once. I just can't find them now that I need them.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:51 AM   #14
Phobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by booger View Post
Don't you also work on their projects yourself as a contractor?

Now you want to tell them how to do it themselves, for free?

How ya going to make money?
I write the column for a ton of different reasons. I'm invested in my community. If my neighbors take care of their homes then my property value will be maintained and my neighborhood will stay safe for my family.

If my neighbors let their houses fall apart then investors buy all the houses and rent them out. Neighborhood goes to crap and I'm stuck with a worthless property.

My columns are designed to help the people who were never going to hire me anyway. The people who hire contractors like me are going to hire me because they haven't the time, skills, or inclination to do what I do.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:52 AM   #15

Pure geneyoss. Now i see the light. females dig that crap.