ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   I think I need some research assistance. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=182849)

Phobia 04-12-2008 12:14 AM

I think I need some research assistance.

As some of you may know, I write a monthly column for homeowners. Generally I recommend products for projects around the home or teach people how to do projects themselves within my columns.

For next month's column, I want to convince homeowners that maintaining and improving their castle will lead to a more satisfying and contented lifestyle not only in their home-life but professionally as well.

I think I can present my opinions in a well-reasoned manner but I'd like to also reference studies that may have been done on the topic.

I've had this column idea for several months but have been unsuccessful in locating proper resources in many attempts. Any ideas?

Boon 04-12-2008 12:20 AM

Might try Playboy.

Phobia 04-12-2008 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88-31-10 (Post 4680326)
Might try Playboy.

Can't. Wife stopped renewing my subscription when we had a kid.

Boon 04-12-2008 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 4680327)
Can't. Wife stopped renewing my subscription when we had a kid.

Tell her there's some really good "home improvement" articles in there.

Deberg_1990 04-12-2008 12:25 AM

HGTV ??

Phobia 04-12-2008 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 4680333)
HGTV ??

Thanks but no. I'm in search of actual psychological studies of home environment and how it impacts one emotionally.

booger 04-12-2008 12:39 AM

That's deep man

Boon 04-12-2008 12:40 AM

No shit.

Deberg_1990 04-12-2008 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 4680346)
Thanks but no. I'm in search of actual psychological studies of home environment and how it impacts one emotionally.

Dude, guys dont want to read about that emotional sh*t.

Just give us the goods. Tell us how to fix the toilet, install laminate flooring, paint, etc....

booger 04-12-2008 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 4680316)
. Generally I recommend products for projects around the home or teach people how to do projects themselves within my columns.

Don't you also work on their projects yourself as a contractor?

Now you want to tell them how to do it themselves, for free?

How ya going to make money?

KCChiefsMan 04-12-2008 12:45 AM

drunk some alcodahol....yea im a durehnkink! dryunk

Boon 04-12-2008 12:46 AM

Here ya go.....

http://distributistleague.blogspot.c...is-castle.html

Phobia 04-12-2008 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 4680351)
Dude, guys dont want to read about that emotional sh*t.

Just give us the goods. Tell us how to fix the toilet, install laminate flooring, paint, etc....

It's not directed towards guys. I have a few different reasons for the article, not the least of which is offering a different twist than what you see or read every day. But I write essentially in exchange for advertising and it's a marketing arm for my construction company.

So, if I tell a potential client that a new kitchen is going to make her happy and successful in her job she's going to think I'm feeding her a line of crap.

But if I tell her a new kitchen is going to make her happy, improve her marriage, make her kids more apt to become successful as adults - and here are the independent studies and research on the topic then maybe I sell a kitchen or two. I know these studies are available. I've seen them referenced in print and on TV more than once. I just can't find them now that I need them.

Phobia 04-12-2008 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger (Post 4680356)
Don't you also work on their projects yourself as a contractor?

Now you want to tell them how to do it themselves, for free?

How ya going to make money?

I write the column for a ton of different reasons. I'm invested in my community. If my neighbors take care of their homes then my property value will be maintained and my neighborhood will stay safe for my family.

If my neighbors let their houses fall apart then investors buy all the houses and rent them out. Neighborhood goes to crap and I'm stuck with a worthless property.

My columns are designed to help the people who were never going to hire me anyway. The people who hire contractors like me are going to hire me because they haven't the time, skills, or inclination to do what I do.

booger 04-12-2008 12:52 AM

Pure geneyoss. Now i see the light. females dig that crap.