Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-19-2023, 10:01 AM  
In Search of a Life

Another top WR prospect working out with Mahomes today

staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:26 PM   #151
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
It's funny to me how 1 tenth of a second is the difference in people thinking some dude is the next Randy Moss or a bum.

Also if Johnston had run a 4.37 he's a top 10 pick..guys available at 31 are going to have warts. Like I pointed out Addison had completely difference roles in offenses, if you're gonna be that picky we can just not draft anyone.
That's the way sorting through the best of the best goes, hoss.

If you throw 90 mph, you have a goddamn cannon among mere normies. And a popgun arm among big league pitchers. Improve that by a mere 5% and now you're throwing 95 and you have a plus big league fastball.

Yes, a 10th of a second makes a big difference. As well it should.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:27 PM   #152
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
The 3-cone time and the shuttle times were not even good, let alone elite. (Vert and Broad don't 'time'; the word choice was not accidental)

As I said in the draft forum, the more I look at him, the more he looks like Alec Pierce. And that's a fine guy to have; even one I might be fine taking in the 1st.

But it's no slam dunk pick there. There could EASILY be better options available. And the idea that we should be trading up to get him or any of the other WRs in this class is just crazy town to me; it reeks of desperation.
Yea, definitely don't agree with that comaprison at all.

Also, never said we should trade up for any of these guys.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:28 PM   #153
Hockey Town

It also seems like everyone thinks Johnston is a big body high point receiver...he's not...he's a open space Yac receiver.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:28 PM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Sure, if your point is that the top end WR's in this draft are really fringe 1st-2nd guys in previous drafts, i agree.
Yes. That is my point.

It's precisely where I started in this exchange. This draft isn't one where you should be trading up for a WR and it DEFINITELY isn't one where you should be burning next year's capital to get ANOTHER WR out of this pool.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:28 PM   #155
MVP

Quote:
In the first round? I'm absolutely fine with that.

And that's precisely my point. Now I can ultimately get behind taking any of those guys in the 1st, but I'm damn sure not going to support trading up for them and DEFINITELY not giving up a 2nd plus a 2024 1st rounder to get another of them.
With the position the Chiefs are currently in there aren't many situations that would make sense for them to trade away next year's one and move up. Unless the board just fell in some crazy perfect manner and they could move up and get a consensus top ten player overall at one of the more sought after positions.

That withstanding it would almost always make more sense for the Chiefs to accumulate as much draft capital as possible and fill the roster with as many cheap starters as possible.
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:29 PM   #156
In Search of a Life

Quote:
It also seems like everyone thinks Johnston is a big body high point receiver...he's not...he's a open space Yac receiver.
Yea, that sound more like Alec Pierce.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:29 PM   #157
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Lol we are having our very own WR combine with our QB running evals. This is amazing.
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 02:29 PM   #158
Hockey Town

Quote:
Yes. That is my point.

It's precisely where I started in this exchange. This draft isn't one where you should be trading up for a WR and it DEFINITELY isn't one where you should be burning next year's capital to get ANOTHER WR out of this pool.
Jahan Dotson was the 16th pick last year, do you think he would go 1st in this class?
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:30 PM   #159
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post
Lol we are having our very own WR combine with our QB running evals. This is amazing.
Its honestly being overlooked.... Its ****ing fantastic
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:30 PM   #160

Quote:
I feel like just about everyone has acknowledged that he's not a high-point guy. Frankly, it's one of the knocks on him.

An open space YAC guy who doesn't seem to have plus change of direction or a long gear is...not great. Especially when his shuttle times look awfully pedestrian as well.

I'd be a fan of him if he had those skills AND used his size well. But as it stands, he doesn't use his size enough and doesn't appear to have the necessary explosion to excel at the next level in the way he was able to excel in college.

When those alley's close because everyone is faster than they were and you aren't NFL explosive, then what?
Old 04-19-2023, 02:31 PM   #161
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Yes. That is my point.

How far up would you be willing to move for say, Zay Flowers?
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:31 PM   #162
Hockey Town

Quote:
I feel like just about everyone has acknowledged that he's not a high-point guy. Frankly, it's one of the knocks on him.

An open space YAC guy who doesn't seem to have plus change of direction or a long gear is...not great. Especially when his shuttle times look awfully pedestrian as well.

I'd be a fan of him if he had those skills AND used his size well. But as it stands, he doesn't use his size enough and doesn't appear to have the necessary explosion to excel at the next level in the way he was able to excel in college.

When those alley's close because everyone is faster than they were and you aren't NFL explosive, then what?
He has short area explosion look at his high and broad jumps, he doesn't have great long speed.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:32 PM   #163

Quote:
Jahan Dotson was the 16th pick last year, do you think he would go 1st in this class?
Not sure, but probably.

Then again, I thought Dotson was a 2nd rounder. I had Wilson, Olave, Williamson and London as my 1st round guys, IIRC. I believe I had Burks and Pickens in the fringe 1/2 group.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:33 PM   #164
Hockey Town

Quote:
Not sure, but probably.

Then again, I thought Dotson was a 2nd rounder. I had Wilson, Olave, Williamson and London as my 1st round guys, IIRC. I believe I had Burks and Pickens in the fringe 1/2 group.
Ok see...Dotson is not a better prospect than some of these guys he'd be right in the group.

A lot of it is personal preference.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:34 PM   #165
In Search of a Life

Quote:

Have you seen his missed tackle rate compared to other recent WRs? It's ridiculously high. Like way higher than everybody else, including Lamb who was fantastic.

I think many of the people that don't like Johnston underestimate how good he is after the catch.

He does some of the little things Kelce does well too. He'll catch the ball with his back to the defender, manipulate them, then turn up the field really quick making them miss.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote