Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-22-2008, 12:27 AM  
Don't Be A Dick

NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN

STUPIDEST ****ING ENDING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus all the entertainment of other things.

Last edited by J Diddy; 11-25-2008 at 09:47 AM..
J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:06 PM   #151
Eat/Sleep/Procrastinate/Repeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.B.A. View Post
and you can't follow a single line of logic.
Is there a place where we could perhaps backtrack to a place of less antagonism? I feel as if we are talking about parallel arguments here.
Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:07 PM   #152
Don't Be A Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bango View Post
Would this be the wrong time to bring up the briefcase in Pulp Fiction?

feel free

I can change the thread OP so as to include all movies so as we won't be hijacking.

I always envisioned the contents as a gold monkey mask and you?
J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:11 PM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
So if I give an interpretation of the book in the conversation then it would be art??
Potentially, I think. Sure. Well, it would cease being a "conversation" at that point as I, the listener, experience this oral art, whatever it may be considered specifically (a story? a dramatic monologue [about a book?])
Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:12 PM   #154
a.k.a. Lenny

I've read all the arguments for and against, and still conclude the ending sucked.
Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:14 PM   #155
Draconian Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper16 View Post
Is there a place where we could perhaps backtrack to a place of less antagonism? I feel as if we are talking about parallel arguments here.
Actually, I was enjoying the antagonism.....that's why I brought up rap, you and my brother, Domer have butted heads over that enough that I thought it would get your goat.

Here are my 3 points of disagreement

1) You call the movie art. Art is interporetive, by nature. Therefore, if we don't like it, we don't like it. It is not a statement of our stupidity.

2) I have a natural distaste of people saying "If you don't agree with me, it must be because you are stupid or you just don't understand " It is arrogant, condescending and rude.

3) Back to the "reality" issue, perception is not always reality. Because YOUR senses tell you something....that doesn't make it true.
burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:14 PM   #156
Draconian Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boon View Post
I've read all the arguments for and against, and still conclude the ending sucked.
it sucked
burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:15 PM   #157
Spacecop

Quote:
feel free

I can change the thread OP so as to include all movies so as we won't be hijacking.

I always envisioned the contents as a gold monkey mask and you?
I was going to go with uranium, but a golden monkey mask is much better.
bango is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.bango is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:16 PM   #158
Spacecop

Quote:
NO THEY ALL ****ING DIED.
Thanks, I had not had a chance to see it yet.
bango is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.bango is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:22 PM   #159

Quote:
Actually, I was enjoying the antagonism.....that's why I brought up rap, you and my brother, Domer have butted heads over that enough that I thought it would get your goat.

Here are my 3 points of disagreement

1) You call the movie art. Art is interporetive, by nature. Therefore, if we don't like it, we don't like it. It is not a statement of our stupidity.

2) I have a natural distaste of people saying "If you don't agree with me, it must be because you are stupid or you just don't understand " It is arrogant, condescending and rude.

3) Back to the "reality" issue, perception is not always reality. Because YOUR senses tell you something....that doesn't make it true.
Oh, DomerNKC. Heh. He was exactly who I thought of when you brought up rap in the way that you did. My exact thought was "Oh, **** me. Another Domer." That's funny.

My responses:

1) Truthfully, I don't disagree with you. At all. My condescending comment that you initially responded to was itself a response to JDiddy saying that my calling the movie "a commentary on the harshness of reality, the lack of a clean and perfect narrative in reality" was just a personal interpretation of the movie. I disagree with that -- I think that thread of commentary is objectively in the movie. Whether it is done well or not is a different matter.

2) That's fair. Outside of a little bit of snarkyness, I feel as if I have stayed above that fray. Meh.

3) That, quite clearly is true in the abstract. BUT I seriously was just talking about the sky. I suspect that your senses will tell you that a clear sky is blue just like mine do. Ask anyone else what color a clear sky is and they will say blue. Now obviously testimony has its own epistemological issues, but whatev.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:26 PM   #160
Don't Be A Dick

Quote:
Oh, DomerNKC. Heh. He was exactly who I thought of when you brought up rap in the way that you did. My exact thought was "Oh, **** me. Another Domer." That's funny.

My responses:

1) Truthfully, I don't disagree with you. At all. My condescending comment that you initially responded to was itself a response to JDiddy saying that my calling the movie "a commentary on the harshness of reality, the lack of a clean and perfect narrative in reality" was just a personal interpretation of the movie. I disagree with that -- I think that thread of commentary is objectively in the movie. Whether it is done well or not is a different matter.

2) That's fair. Outside of a little bit of snarkyness, I feel as if I have stayed above that fray. Meh.

3) That, quite clearly is true in the abstract. BUT I seriously was just talking about the sky. I suspect that your senses will tell you that a clear sky is blue just like mine do. Ask anyone else what color a clear sky is and they will say blue. Now obviously testimony has its own epistemological issues, but whatev.
I still disagree that a movie is art. A movie is an interpretation of art.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:27 PM   #161

Quote:
I still disagree that a movie is art. A movie is an interpretation of art.
Is it that no movies are art for you? Or just movies that lack an original screenplay?
Old 11-23-2008, 10:27 PM   #162
Draconian Warlord

Quote:
. I suspect that your senses will tell you that a clear sky is blue just like mine do. Ask anyone else what color a clear sky is and they will say blue. Now obviously testimony has its own epistemological issues, but whatev.
And we all just might be wrong......thanks for the fun tonight!
Old 11-23-2008, 10:28 PM   #163

Quote:
And we all just might be wrong......thanks for the fun tonight!
It's so much fun talking epistemology with an indirect realist.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:32 PM   #164
Draconian Warlord

Quote:
It's so much fun talking epistemology with an indirect realist.
wait a ****ing minute....aren't we supposed to be arguing?
Old 11-23-2008, 10:36 PM   #165
Don't Be A Dick

Quote:
Is it that no movies are art for you? Or just movies that lack an original screenplay?
pretty much all movies

to me the screenplay is the art