Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-11-2023, 04:13 AM  
"I'm with you fellers"

How do you save money?

Everything is so damn expensive that I don’t know how anyone is making ends meet. I just won some money and paid off all credit cards and two vehicles so that helped but I made enchiladas tonight and it cost 22.00! You can’t make a trip to sams without dropping several hundred. Eating out, OMG ! Anyways how do you guys/gals save money on life ?
What are your hacks?

Last edited by Mr. Wizard; 11-11-2023 at 09:03 AM..
Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.
Old 11-12-2023, 12:51 PM   #121
Life is changing..

I poop at Kohl's almost exclusively. Saves a lot of money on TP.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-12-2023, 12:59 PM   #122
In my youth i pray to keep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Yeah, I see "emergency fund" pretty often on reddit and other advice like always lease a car that largely just doesn't make sense for many people or doesn't make much sense at all... you'd think some people on there are sitting on tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars and never leave their house.
I have an emergency fund. It's called my 401k lol. I don't understand how people have a savings account and then another savings account on top of that with 6+ months of all their bills in it. I know maybe one person in my circle of friends who could pull that off and he's an airline pilot married to a pharmacist.
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2023, 01:00 PM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
You mean you haven’t gone to the magical job fairy and asked for a position that would put you in the top 0.1% of earners on the planet? Are you stupid?
I'll try that tomorrow
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-12-2023, 01:25 PM   #124
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdj23 View Post
I have an emergency fund. It's called my 401k lol. I don't understand how people have a savings account and then another savings account on top of that with 6+ months of all their bills in it. I know maybe one person in my circle of friends who could pull that off and he's an airline pilot married to a pharmacist.
You’ll pay a penalty for accessing your 401k or IRA prematurely, no?

Everyone’s situation is different but I don’t see a problem with having a few thousand in a HYSA just to be totally liquid in a pinch.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-12-2023, 01:29 PM   #125
'Stachecicle

Six months isn’t a magical number. The months of expenses is based on consideration of monthly non-adjustable expenses and likelihood of and potential length of income disruption. Keeping 6 mos of expenses might make make sense for someone self employed or doing season work, but 3 three months might be more than enough for a person working in a more stable job situation.
trndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 11-12-2023, 01:33 PM   #126
It was not a fair catch

dont buy crap I do not need
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-12-2023, 01:34 PM   #127

Quote:

Everyone’s situation is different but I don’t see a problem with having a few thousand in a HYSA just to be totally liquid in a pinch.
I have one i can take a loan from, but also one I can't touch unless my house is being forclosed on or I'm dying or some shit. I've had about 12k worth of emergencies in the last 18 months and have been balancing those between cash and 0% credit financing. Having to have my shower ripped out and remodeled last year was the worst. But there's options for things if you have good credit as long as you don't overextend yourself.

I was pretty proud for a while, i had my savings acount up to almost 30k before almost all that nonsense started.
Old 11-12-2023, 01:43 PM   #128
That's just f***in' stupid

Max your company's 401k match
Max HSA
Max ESPP
Carry zero balance on cards
Buy groceries/prepare your meals at home
Purchase items for utility, not flash
HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 11-12-2023, 01:47 PM   #129
TACO SALAD

Quote:

If you contribute to a Roth IRA, you can remove the contributions. If you put 5k in each year the last decade and it's grown to 80k. You can remove the 50k in contributions. You already paid taxes on it. You'll get hit for touching the gains but the contributions you can pull.
ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 11-12-2023, 02:05 PM   #130
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage View Post
If you contribute to a Roth IRA, you can remove the contributions. If you put 5k in each year the last decade and it's grown to 80k. You can remove the 50k in contributions. You already paid taxes on it. You'll get hit for touching the gains but the contributions you can pull.
Ahhh, nice. I have a traditional IRA unfortunately so I’m not familiar with the Roth.

I’ve been wanting to transfer but not looking forward to paying all those taxes at once.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.