Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-25-2022, 08:31 PM  
MVP

What was the first song you liked?

Disregarding nursery rhymes and anything before age 6...

What's your first memory of a song that really caught your ear?

For me it was "Henry the Eighth" by Herman's Hermits. Catchy, and I could sing along to the simple lyrics. I think I was 6 or 7.

Also...

What was the first music you bought with your own money? Single, Album, etc..
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 05-30-2022, 06:29 PM   #61
MVP

Born in 79 so maybe around 85 I can vaguely remember money for nothing caught my interest.
kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-30-2022, 08:09 PM   #62
In Mahomes I trust!

Born in 63 so "Hey Jude" maybe? Man this is an awesome thread!

I can actually remember The Ed Sullivan Show - The Beatles - Twist and Shout

Fun fact, I was in front of the TV in Topeka, Kansas during this time in my life!
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-31-2022, 12:20 AM   #63
Banned!

Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 01:10 PM   #64
My work speaks for itself!!!

My first vinyl I had was the Jackson 5s greatest hits. So probably “I want you back” or “abc”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-31-2022, 07:35 PM   #65
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

When I was a child, my only exposure was to diehard old-school country music. Rock and roll did not enter our house and I was not aware that it existed other than a vague parental disapproval of The Beatles who just made a bunch of noise.

When I was about 5 years old, my parents bought one of those enormous console combination televisions that contained a television, radio, and phonograph player. I'm not sure why they bought it because they never used the radio, and they only owned one record album. In their entire lives, that was the only record album they ever owned.

And that brings me to the point. They had the one record album all through my childhood, and it was some sort of "popular country hits" record from a particular year. So I heard that record somewhat frequently.

There was one song on there that my five-year old mind found to be very clever. It was this:

So the song that I first liked was a pretty bad song about a guy getting drunk. And I'm not even really sure that it's a song. It's more of a weird story set to music.

At some point I was able to listen to the radio, and I guess I like story songs. I heard CW McCall's "Wolfcreek Pass" and it became my new favorite song. From there I went to Johnny Horton's "Battle of New Orleans".

Then when I was about 14, I was hanging out with older kids who had the money to buy records and 8-tracks, and I heard Styx's "Come Sail Away". At that point my musical tastes took a hard turn toward rock and roll.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2022, 07:32 AM   #66
Has a particular set of skills

Most of my classmates were listening to Bobby Goldsoboro, Jackson 5, AM radio pop. I heard this and it expanded my musical life.

BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2022, 08:31 AM   #67
Mahomes Fanboi

This is tough to nail down the "first", but I can vividly remember a couple.

My mom got me a Snoopy record player (45's) at the age of... 5 or 6? and my sister gave me a couple of 45 records.

Them being:

Michael Jackson - "Thriller"
The Surfaris - "Wipe Out"

I remember these being my first fav songs.

Shortly after that I remember my fav song on the radio being:
Dire Straits - "Money for Nothing".
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2022, 09:10 AM   #68
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
First music that was 'mine' as in I chose it and tuned in was on my clock radio.

Q-104 top 5 at 9.

First ones I remember being hyped for were;

Dexie's Midnight Runners - Come on Eileen

Check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMDq...nnel=Sugarland

listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2022, 06:12 PM   #69
MFIC

Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-01-2022, 06:20 PM   #70
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
Poor Save Ferris, was right on the money regarding the zeitgeist of music at the time. Tons of energy, hot chick fronting vocals, horns, screaming fans. . . Then one morning they turn on MTV and see this

Spoiler!

Has to be like Carr thinking that the 2018 preseason was pretty good for his franchise, then seeing Mahomes take the field in the regular season.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2022, 06:31 PM   #71
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

The Streak. Boogy-dah-boogie...
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2022, 07:01 PM   #72
Bolton gonna knock you out

I remember calling the radio station and requesting Cum On Feel the Noize by Quiet Riot. They would always tell me they can’t play it before noon. Pretty sure it was the pop station in StL. KHRT or something like that.
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2022, 07:07 PM   #73
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor View Post
I remember calling the radio station and requesting Cum On Feel the Noize by Quiet Riot. They would always tell me they can’t play it before noon. Pretty sure it was the pop station in StL. KHRT or something like that.
Ha. I remember calling Z92 (the ROCK in Omaha) and requesting Iron Maiden...they would always say "yeah, we'll get that one up in a little bit..." Took me awhile to realize there was no way in hell they were going to play Iron Maiden. I was young and naive...
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2022, 07:10 PM   #74
Bolton gonna knock you out

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven View Post
Ha. I remember calling Z92 (the ROCK in Omaha) and requesting Iron Maiden...they would always say "yeah, we'll get that one up in a little bit..." Took me awhile to realize there was no way in hell they were going to play Iron Maiden. I was young and naive...
Yeah, I remember the local StL station K-SHE 95 finally started Monday Night Metal (EITHER YOU ROCK OR YOU SUCK). Still never seemed like they played too much real heavy metal at that point. Probably Maiden, Priest, and Metallica were about as heavy as they got.
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2022, 07:15 PM   #75
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor View Post
Yeah, I remember the local StL station K-SHE 95 finally started Monday Night Metal (EITHER YOU ROCK OR YOU SUCK). Still never seemed like they played too much real heavy metal at that point. Probably Maiden, Priest, and Metallica were about as heavy as they got.
Up here it was 93 KROC, they did some metal thing I think on Friday nights. Shockingly good, but that wasn't until the 90's.

It's funny, cuz now you hear metal on the...classic rock station...classic...**** I'm old...