Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-24-2010, 06:02 PM   #2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCD View Post
Montana has 4. If Manning can win 4, I'd anoint him. Not until...
Hilarious.

Nevermind any of meccas points about that era...
Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:04 PM   #3
Custom User Title

Quote:
Montana has 4. If Manning can win 4, I'd anoint him. Not until...
I'm going to disagree. I think it's a lot harder to get a team regardless of how great the QB is to 4 SB's today than in Montana's day. Don't have anything to base that on, but I just feel that way.
kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:46 PM   #4
He's Mahomie!

All those legendary guys did it when their franchises were dominant. It's much harder to win consistently in the NFL. That's what puts Manning over the top. He not only study's harder than the rest, he's got the arm strength, accuracy, brains and heart. Peyton is the total package.
MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:54 PM   #5
Banned

it just cracks me up...

it's like no one actually watches the games...

HELLO!?

someone PLEASE tell me there is a QB out there that has ever played the game better than Peyton Manning...and I'm just talking about on HIS best day...

On Peyton's BEST day...no one compares.

Now...my dad told me something a long time ago about his golf game that kind of stuck with me...his brother (my uncle) is a golf pro and I'd ride/walk along with them when I was 8 or 9 (I didn't play, just watched) and my dad was an above average golfer but nowhere near as good as my uncle...but a lot of the time he would out drive him and hit better shots...and I asked him..."dad, why aren't you as good as your brother? You can hit all the shots..." and he told me the difference between him and my uncle is that his WORST golf shots are still pretty close to as good as his best golf shots...whereas my dad's worst golf shots were really bad, as opposed to not as good as his best...

So if we want to argue that Peyton's bad days are what keeps him from being better than Joe Montana...I guess we can agree to disagree...

but if someone wants to try and tell me that there has been better QB play than Peyton Manning when he's in the zone...then they are just foolish.
Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:00 PM   #6
FINALLY! The wait is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon View Post
it just cracks me up...

HELLO!?

someone PLEASE tell me there is a QB out there that has ever played the game better than Peyton Manning...and I'm just talking about on HIS best day...

Now...my dad told me something a long time ago about his golf game that kind of stuck with me...his brother (my uncle) is a golf pro and I'd ride/walk along with them when I was 8 or 9 (I didn't play, just watched) and my dad was an above average golfer but nowhere near as good as my uncle...but a lot of the time he would out drive him and hit better shots...and I asked him..."dad, why aren't you as good as your brother? You can hit all the shots..." and he told me the difference between him and my uncle is that his WORST golf shots are still pretty close to as good as his best golf shots...whereas my dad's worst golf shots were really bad, as opposed to not as good as his best...

So if we want to argue that Peyton's bad days are what keeps him from being better than Joe Montana...I guess we can agree to disagree...

but if someone wants to try and tell me that there has been better QB play than Peyton Manning when he's in the zone...then they are just foolish.
Your analogy is a good one. And that's why it's hard to argue against guys you haven't personally witnessed, live, in real time with any kind of consistency. Montana was everything that Peyton is now. He just didn't have the epic **** ups that Peyton had early in his career. Right now, Montana is the GOAT. But I do think it's only a matter of time before Peyton erases that. Peyton has a lot less to work with than Joe did.
Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:07 PM   #7
GBM 8-12-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts View Post
Peyton has a lot less to work with than Joe did.
Rice wasn't around during the 1st 2 SBs.
BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:09 PM   #8
remember, remember

Quote:
dwight clark was no slouch. the defenses those early 49er teams had were hellacious.
Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:09 PM   #9
Dumbass!

Quote:
Wendell Tyler was the featured RB in the forst one.
milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:12 PM   #10
FINALLY! The wait is over.

Quote:
Yeah. You won't get any argument from me on the Montana front. I think he's the golden goose at this point. Now, all of this is subjective and not relevant, it's just opinion. So I won't go ape shit over anyone who says Montana was the GOAT even if Manning wins 6. I shouldn't be as hard on Brady as I am probably, but I chalk it up as similar to whatever reason the Peyton haters hate Peyton.
Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:28 PM   #11
Damnit Peg

src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OAY_fUOF2HA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:04 AM   #12
Going home eventually

Quote:
it just cracks me up...

HELLO!?

I agree. He's at that point where saying so and so was actually better is just not reality. To me nobody is acttually better that P. Manning. Joe is my all time number one but was he actually better than Manning? It's even in my book. They both are the greatest.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:27 AM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy View Post
I agree. He's at that point where saying so and so was actually better is just not reality. To me nobody is acttually better that P. Manning. Joe is my all time number one but was he actually better than Manning? It's even in my book. They both are the greatest.
Notice how the Brady backers totally ignored that post...

Makes too much sense..

On Peyton's best day, and even on his really good days, and probably even on his good days...he's still better than anyone in the game right now, period.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:37 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Notice how the Brady backers totally ignored that post...

Makes too much sense..

On Peyton's best day, and even on his really good days, and probably even on his good days...he's still better than anyone in the game right now, period.
lets wait and see his performance in the sb. he wasnt that good in the last one, not best of all time, not second best either.
Posted via Mobile Device
whatsmynameagain < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.whatsmynameagain < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.whatsmynameagain < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.whatsmynameagain < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.whatsmynameagain < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.whatsmynameagain < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.whatsmynameagain < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.whatsmynameagain < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.whatsmynameagain < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.whatsmynameagain < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.whatsmynameagain < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:27 PM   #15
Dumbass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy View Post
My whole argument is that Montana was greater, not because of talent, but because he was clutch.

I would, however, suggest that given the same the same rules to play under, that Johnny U would have been viewed in almost exactly the same light that Manning is now.
milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.