Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-24-2015, 02:47 PM  
Most Valuable Villain

Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread

Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:15 AM   #481
Mahomosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy View Post
Wouldn't budge on mine at all. Gave me Cinemax for 6 months. I took it.
ayy TBG you selling access again this year?
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:16 AM   #482
Resident Glue Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochise View Post
$280 or something. After taxes and fees it came out to $60 per month over 5 months.
thanks.

yeah, I can't remember the pain point I experienced, but at some point may years ago, they raised their price (maybe to like $225), and I said **** it. I'm out. couldn't justify it once they started adding TNF. I'm local though, so I can watch the Chiefs etc. I was mainly buying it because I was into Fantasy Football back then and wanted to see a bunch of games. I haven't played FF in probably a decade, and over the last 7 years or so I pretty much switched to watching NCAA, then the Chiefs on Sunday.
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:18 AM   #483
Veteran

I called last month to cancel it before it hit my settlement. They offered me max for $100. I went ahead and took that. Didn't have to haggle as much this year, that was their first offer.
Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:18 AM   #484
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy View Post
Wouldn't budge on mine at all. Gave me Cinemax for 6 months. I took it.
I went on and chatted yesterday and got them down to $179.99 for ST with Max. I'll give it a day or two and call in to see if I can get anything better. Apparently they have a new tower DVR.....so I may see if I re-up for a year or two....if I can get that stuff for free plus ST. I'm not holding my breath though.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:23 AM   #485
Veteran

$99 one time payment with Max included.
shakesthecat has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.shakesthecat has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.shakesthecat has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.shakesthecat has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.shakesthecat has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.shakesthecat has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.shakesthecat has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.shakesthecat has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.shakesthecat has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.shakesthecat has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.shakesthecat has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:36 AM   #486
Beyond the Rapids

FTR, they didn't offer me a deal when I called to ask them to not renew it. They didn't try to dissuade me in the least.

I don't think I would pay even $100 for the 6 or 7 games of Andy/Alex that I won't be able to see otherwise, so I probably would have politely declined anyway.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:40 AM   #487
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochise View Post
FTR, they didn't offer me a deal when I called to ask them to not renew it. They didn't try to dissuade me in the least.

I don't think I would pay even $100 for the 6 or 7 games of Andy/Alex that I won't be able to see otherwise, so I probably would have politely declined anyway.
Normally you have to call in to retention and threaten to cancel DirecTV before they'll offer you anything of substance.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:51 AM   #488
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
Normally you have to call in to retention and threaten to cancel DirecTV before they'll offer you anything of substance.
And I just proved that wrong. I just went on chat and I got...

$30 off for 12 months.
NFL Sunday Ticket for free.

I'm paying for the Sunday Ticket Max....but that's only $96....so it's whatever.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:03 AM   #489
Would an idiot do that?

DTV's standard pricing was pretty surprising when I was comparing against Dish, so it makes sense they have a good amount of leeway to hand out deals... I'm sure they still rape plenty of people who don't ask for discounts or don't do it until they've put up with it for years.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:14 AM   #490
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
DTV's standard pricing was pretty surprising when I was comparing against Dish, so it makes sense they have a good amount of leeway to hand out deals... I'm sure they still rape plenty of people who don't ask for discounts or don't do it until they've put up with it for years.
The Joseph A. Bank business model
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:20 AM   #491
Scott Pioli

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjosh006 View Post
ayy TBG you selling access again this year?
Dante84 is going to take the stream this year again. If that changes I'll pm you. Thanks!
The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:34 AM   #492
Veteran

anyone else been using nfl2go? I've been with them for the last 4 seasons. 27$ this year. This is what I use to watch all the games and also post the A22 film
Aspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 08-04-2017, 10:38 AM   #493
Starter

I went through chat and all they could offer me is $7 off for 6 months. I pay for 6 receivers in my house and that only offsets 1 monthly fee of that.
Hays is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Hays is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Hays is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Hays is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Hays is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Hays is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Hays is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:43 AM   #494
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hays View Post
I went through chat and all they could offer me is $7 off for 6 months. I pay for 6 receivers in my house and that only offsets 1 monthly fee of that.
What did you tell them?
Old 08-04-2017, 01:18 PM   #495
Mod Team

I was basically told last year it's pointless to try to talk down your Sunday Ticket price much unless it's the end of August or start of September.

I am waiting this year as last year I called numerous times in August and it took 3 calls to get it to half off.

PS- **** paying to watch Alex Smith this year. I am not paying a dime.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.