Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-01-2024, 11:36 AM  
The Insider

*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP

Last edited by ChiefsCountry; 02-13-2024 at 06:15 PM..
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:56 PM   #1726
Keep Camp Home!

Schrieber to the DL and Will Klein recalled
cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 02:11 PM   #1727
Keep Camp Home!

cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 02:21 PM   #1728
MVP

Can't believe we traded the one guy that could have been great in the bullpen. Traded him for half a season of a finesse dude that walks way too many batters and can't strike guys out.

Forget everything I said about not ****ing up the farm system with trading guys. Piccolo will definitely do that.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 02:26 PM   #1729
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Thinking about going to a A-ball or AA-ball game if Caglianone gets there this year.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:40 PM   #1730
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Can't believe we traded the one guy that could have been great in the bullpen. Traded him for half a season of a finesse dude that walks way too many batters and can't strike guys out.

Forget everything I said about not ****ing up the farm system with trading guys. Piccolo will definitely do that.
Are you dating Walter Pennington?
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old Today, 03:06 PM   #1731
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHOG View Post
If we subtract the Royals record vs CWS (9-1 by my count), the Royals are exactly at .500
Twins are the same story. Also 9-1 against the ChiSox and .500 against everyone else.

Cleveland, weirdly, is .500 against Chicago.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:21 PM   #1732
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Twins are the same story. Also 9-1 against the ChiSox and .500 against everyone else.

Cleveland, weirdly, is .500 against Chicago.
So if you put the Royals record against every team they've played at the inverse of that teams winning percentage (i.e. if the team has played .600 ball and the Royals have played 10 games against them, they'd be 4-6 under this experiment) the Royals have actually out-performed their opponents season record by a little bit.

The Royals record is 57-49. Just giving them the inverse of their opponents winning percentage has them at 55-51. So they're two games better than the 'baseline' quality of their opposition.

I have no earthly idea what that means, but I find it somewhat interesting nonetheless. Kinda curious to do it for the Cardinals but honestly, it'll take like 5 minutes to enter the data and that's more time than I want to put into those assholes.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:26 PM   #1733

The Cardinals record inverted from their opponents would be 53-52. Their actual record is 54-51.

What this is kinda telling me is that maybe all these teams that are neither very good or very bad are just kinda a product of their schedule.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:35 PM   #1734
Dazed and Confused

This has me "concerned". Hopefully they're up to the task, because we're going to need them.

Quote:
Seth Lugo is about to hit a career-high in innings pitched, Cole Ragans has never pitched this many innings in a pro season, and Michael Wacha hasn’t pitched as many as 135 innings in a season since 2017.
https://www.royalsreview.com/2024/7/...chael-lorenzen
PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old Today, 03:40 PM   #1735
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
This has me "concerned". Hopefully they're up to the task, because we're going to need them.

Maybe we're all reading this wrong. Maybe they're going to a 6-man rotation.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:40 PM   #1736

Quote:

Lugo is gonna get CY votes. That's some pretty incredible work by the Royals scouting and/or development team.

Man, look at how bizarre the AL pitching is this year.

1-10 in AL WAR for pitching:

Skubal, Fedde (traded), Tyler Anderson, Seth Lugo, Crochet, Burnes, Ragans, Singer, Blanco, Gilbert.

Skubal, Crochet and Ragans are legit breakouts. Singer is WAR via bulk in a lot of ways, but maybe a breakout in his own right.

The only 'expected' guy in that entire group is Burnes and maybe Gilbert (though I think most would've had him 3rd on his own squad behind Kirby and Castillo). Fedde and Anderson are journeymen. Blanco was an organizational afterthought by the Astros who got shoved into the rotation because nobody was left as a 30 yr old with 60 career innings. He doesn't even qualify as a journeyman.

I mean anybody with a strong finishing kick seems capable of winning the CY. Skubal's clearly in the driver's seat but damn man, Lugo could really win that thing.

(But Taj Bradley's comin' in hot; don't think he can win it with only about 135 IP by seasons end likely, but man he's been good this year...)
Old Today, 03:42 PM   #1737

Quote:
Has Alec Marsh ever demonstrated that he belongs in a big league rotation, though? I mean he wasn't even particularly good in the minor leagues.

His entire career just looks like an organizational arm with some relief innings at his apex.

I'm not sure what KC sees here.
Old Today, 03:43 PM   #1738
Veteran

Quote:

yep...maybe that explains Lorenzen...give em some more rest...Bubic might be ready in a pinch too
poolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old Today, 03:46 PM   #1739
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
That's been mentioned in an article I read earlier (maybe in this one, I don't remember), after the Lorenzen trade, but mostly speculation, I think. Just in an emergency, the way I remember reading it.
PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.