Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2024, 05:56 PM  
Threepeat!

Chiefs DT Chris Jones Hoping For Time Off During Training Camp

Some may say "not a good look" after inking a big deal. If Andy & the rest of the team is good with... why not?

A year ago, superstar defensive tackle Chris Jones skipped the offseason program, training camp and the season’s opening game as he and the Kansas City Chiefs negotiated a new contract.

Ultimately, the two sides agreed on a stopgap one-year deal to get Jones back on the field. Then in early March, he and the team finally signed a five-year, $159 million contract that included $95 million in guarantees.

Even after missing all that practice time last season, Jones still earned a second consecutive first-team All-Pro nod. He’ll turn 30 before the team opens its 2024 training camp at Missouri Western State Univerity in St. Joseph in mid-July — and he’s hoping that under the circumstances, head coach Andy Reid will let him skip some practices.

“Listen man, I’ve already been talking to Andy about, ‘Let me skip out on training camp. I’m a little older, right?’” he told reporters during his youth football camp in Overland Park this week, per the Kansas City Star. “I can feel it. I can feel when we have a day on training camp. Give me like two days off and one day on, then — and we maybe can work something out, you know?”

It doesn’t appear that Reid is enthusiastic about the idea.

“He just looked at me,” smiled Jones. “So the conversation is still ongoing.”

However much time he spends on the practice field in St. Joseph, Jones thinks his approach will remain the same.

“The mindset is always the same: being in the best shape you could be in, [finding] a way to interact with the community — but also better yourself — doing a good deed a week,” he said. “I don’t think my mindset ever changed, year in and year out [through different contract situations]. [It’s] just [that] I get a little wiser; I get a few more gray hairs.

“And we’re gonna keep this thing going.”

Players will begin reporting the week of July 15. We’ll get our first look at a training camp session on Sunday, July 21.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2024/...-training-camp
T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-28-2024, 09:26 AM   #31
In Search of a Life

I think I would be more in favor of players like Kelce and Jones being at camp everyday for chemistry. But only on the field for a series or two of live action, to work on the new stuff and get them out. Save them as much as possible in an attempt to prolong their careers.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2024, 09:26 AM   #32
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
Wait…people would actually be upset if he took time off?

It's like people forget he came in and immediately wrecked the Jaguars with no training camp and signing three days before the Jags game.

WBF
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2024, 09:50 AM   #33
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamonster View Post
Sometimes I wish Marty were still here...
Why would anyone wish that?
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2024, 09:56 AM   #34
Starter

Be one thing if there were new coaches and a new system a player has to rep and get used to but I'm sure he's plenty familiar with what Spags does by now. As long as his presence is at camp and he's just talking about days off and not taking vacation while everyone else is working their butts off I don't see it as that big of deal. As someone else said, I wonder if he's half joking about it.
CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-28-2024, 10:37 AM   #35
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
It's like people forget he came in and immediately wrecked the Jaguars with no training camp and signing three days before the Jags game.

WBF
I'm not any more concerned than I ever was. My expectation is he will range from okay to highlight during the regular season and presumably he brings it during the playoffs. If he fades, it probably won't be this year.

But as far as missing camp last year and coming in and wrecking things...

That was a contract year...
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-28-2024, 11:23 AM   #36
Veteran

When our O-line can practice against a force like CJ95, it can only benefit them when facing opposing DTs and DEs. I value the learning that the O-line acquires by facing him more than any benefit he gets from practice. I am not opposed to him getting a reduced workload in camp, but I don't want it to be at the expense of the O-line.
Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.
Old 06-28-2024, 11:42 AM   #37
Rufus Dawes Jr.

I'd let him miss week 1
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-28-2024, 11:44 AM   #38
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
I'd let him miss week 1
I'm assuming you mean of training camp?

Otherwise - you might be insane.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-28-2024, 11:46 AM   #39
Choco Favre

The goal each year for us should just be win 11 games and get everyone healthy for the playoffs
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-28-2024, 11:58 AM   #40
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
I'm assuming you mean of training camp?

Otherwise - you might be insane.
Yes. Miss week one of camp.

Its not like he's an olineman, or has to get in sync with with offense. Dude will will be there. No need to run up the miles on him.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-28-2024, 12:05 PM   #41
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamonster View Post
Sometimes I wish Marty were still here...
Ok Boomer.
PatMahomesIsGod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.