Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-19-2024, 01:09 AM  
I'll **** anything that moves!

Anyone Got a Good Rec on a Car CD Mount Holder for a Phone?

I’m really splitting hairs, but I just can’t decide what’s gonna be a good choice.

I don’t wanna spend $60 on this. But I also don’t wanna spend $20 and wish I spent $30.

Never use the CD player in the car, and I like that position in the car. Not a big fan of the dashboard phone.

Any ideas or thoughts on how I can resolve this?
GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.
Old 05-19-2024, 10:46 PM   #46
MVP

OP bambuzzled everyone. It was actually for a helicopter that flew Iran dignitaries.
Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.
Old 05-20-2024, 11:46 AM   #47
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

I think I'd put my phone in the center console and not worry about it while driving.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2024, 02:47 PM   #48
Elway be drinkin' again

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm View Post
Man, I’ve really gotta stop posting at 2am after I’ve had a few cocktails….

For the record, the car is a 2014 Honda, and I’m driving this thing until the wheels fall off. Went years without owning a car while living in NYC, and this thing is grrrrreat.

So much ageism in tbis thread! Hahaha…

Anyway, I ordered a holder from Amazon for 30 bucks. I know everyone has been waiting with baited breath…
Is it to hold your phone or a CD player?
Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 05-20-2024, 02:56 PM   #49
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
I think I'd put my phone in the center console and not worry about it while driving.
This is real life not make believe.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2024, 02:57 PM   #50
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm View Post
Man, I’ve really gotta stop posting at 2am after I’ve had a few cocktails….

For the record, the car is a 2014 Honda, and I’m driving this thing until the wheels fall off. Went years without owning a car while living in NYC, and this thing is grrrrreat.

So much ageism in tbis thread! Hahaha…

Anyway, I ordered a holder from Amazon for 30 bucks. I know everyone has been waiting with baited breath…
Same here. I drive a 2014 Escape. I pretty much only drive locally, and it's only got 70K miles on it. Long since paid off, still looks and runs great, no rust, no dents, handles good in shitty conditions, no mechanical issues, highly functional, plenty of cargo capacity. Is it missing some of the bells and whistles that newer cars have? Sure. But it has enough of them, and isn't an over-engineered nightmare in waiting. I don't need a car that drives, parks and thinks for me because I'm not a ****ing moron.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 03:16 PM   #51
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Same here. I drive a 2014 Escape. I pretty much only drive locally, and it's only got 70K miles on it. Long since paid off, still looks and runs great, no rust, no dents, handles good in shitty conditions, no mechanical issues, highly functional, plenty of cargo capacity. Is it missing some of the bells and whistles that newer cars have? Sure. But it has enough of them, and isn't an over-engineered nightmare in waiting. I don't need a car that drives, parks and thinks for me because I'm not a ****ing moron.
I've never bought a brand-new car, so I've always been a couple of years behind at best, and usually about eight years behind on average since I'll buy a two-year-old car and keep it for a dozen years.

But there are a couple of newish car features on rental cars that I'm a huge fan of. The first is blind spot detectors. My biggest risk of an accident is switching lanes, and those things are great at preventing some idiot in my blind spot from causing a problem.

The second is Android Auto. I can only get it to work about 75 percent of the time, but when it's up and running at full strength it's great for navigating and other stuff.

Rear cameras are great too, but that's old enough technology that my wife's 2016 car has it, so that's not cutting-edge.

I'd like to try a car with a parallel parking functions, but I haven't done that yet. I've had a couple of rental cars with it, but either I don't need to parallel park or I have no idea how to operate it when it's available.

With regard to sound systems, my last two cars were BMWs and I found it odd how far behind they were. I bought one in roughly 2002 (2000 model year) when CDs were the prevailing music, and the car had a cassette player in it. I bought the other one in roughly 2012 (2010 model) when MP3s and electronic accounts prevailed, and it had a CD changer in it. I guess BMW likes to wait for proven technology when it comes to sound. I'm guessing that a brand new BMW now comes with itunes or something.

Last edited by Rain Man; 05-20-2024 at 07:43 PM.. Reason: Typographical error required fixing.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2024, 04:07 PM   #52
Don't Tug on Superman's Cape

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1052.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	127499  
booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 04:50 PM   #53
Former Illinoisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I've never bought a brand-new car, so I've always been a couple of years behind at best, and usually about eight years behind on average since I'll buy a two-year-old car and keep it for a dozen years.

But there a couple of newish car features on rental cars that I'm a huge fan of. The first is blind spot detectors. My biggest risk of an accident is switching lanes, and those things are great at preventing some idiot in my blind spot from causing a problem.

The second is Android Auto. I can only get it to work about 75 percent of the time, but when it's up and running at full strength it's great for navigating and other stuff.

Rear cameras are great too, but that's old enough technology that my wife's 2016 car has it, so that's not cutting-edge.

I'd like to try a car with a parallel parking functions, but I haven't done that yet. I've had a couple of rental cars with it, but either I don't need to parallel park or I have no idea how to operate it when it's available.

With regard to sound systems, my last two cars were BMWs and I found it odd how far behind they were. I bought one in roughly 2002 (2000 model year) when CDs were the prevailing music, and the car had a cassette player in it. I bought the other one in roughly 2012 (2010 model) when MP3s and electronic accounts prevailed, and it had a CD changer in it. I guess BMW likes to wait for proven technology when it comes to sound. I'm guessing that a brand new BMW now comes with itunes or something.
I thought BMWs had handlebars and horizontally opposed cylinders.
They make cars?
Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 05-20-2024, 05:57 PM   #54
Who's the masta???

This is the one I have been using. Works pretty good too...
MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.
Old 05-20-2024, 06:05 PM   #55
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post

But there a couple of newish car features on rental cars that I'm a huge fan of. The first is blind spot detectors. My biggest risk of an accident is switching lanes, and those things are great at preventing some idiot in my blind spot from causing a problem.

I was in a car that would show a side camera on the center screen whenever you turned the blinker on... I think something like that on the dash would be perfect, but have yet to see it.

BMW's later iDrive software is pretty impressive, so I've never really used Android Auto. They both have nice features, like Android Auto syncing with Google Maps searches, and recommending the place you just searched. But then you don't get some of the built in stuff of iDrive, so there's a trade off.

My 2016 had a hard drive for music and my current one has Spotify and so forth, so they've caught up in that regard.

Their newer cameras are awesome.... I've been in rentals that are also pretty new cars and they seem like pixelated junk by comparison, especially at night.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2024, 06:26 PM   #56
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
This is real life not make believe.
A 2014 head unit should have everything he needs without jacking with his phone.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2024, 07:04 PM   #57
MVP

I'm not transferring my Metallica CDs to some phone or flash drive.

These kids nowadays don't get it.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Old 05-20-2024, 07:37 PM   #58
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I was in a car that would show a side camera on the center screen whenever you turned the blinker on... I think something like that on the dash would be perfect, but have yet to see it.

BMW's later iDrive software is pretty impressive, so I've never really used Android Auto. They both have nice features, like Android Auto syncing with Google Maps searches, and recommending the place you just searched. But then you don't get some of the built in stuff of iDrive, so there's a trade off.

My 2016 had a hard drive for music and my current one has Spotify and so forth, so they've caught up in that regard.

Their newer cameras are awesome.... I've been in rentals that are also pretty new cars and they seem like pixelated junk by comparison, especially at night.
I had a pickup a few years ago that if there was a trailer hooked up it would show a camera down the side of the pickup showing the trailer as you turn when you turn on the blinker. It was incredible. Should be stock on all vehicles.

Last few pickups I’ve had have apple car play through Bluetooth. I’m spoiled.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2024, 09:54 PM   #59
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper View Post
I'm not transferring my Metallica CDs to some phone or flash drive.

These kids nowadays don't get it.
Really? Because that flash drive can hold ALL of your Metallica CDs...and actually, all of your CDs period