Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-18-2024, 02:11 PM  
Starter

Side by Side UTV vs Jeep Wrangler - which is better?

I’m looking at buying a vehicle for odd jobs around the property, like carrying water to all my new trees (I live on 5 acres) and to take kids and wife back roading. I’m finding crew cab Polaris Rangers for around 11,000-13,000
with no heat or ac, or a Jeep wrangler 1999-2006 for $6,000 - $8,000. Does anyone have experience on which would be better for my usage of it? I’d rather have a side by side but I don’t know if I can justify the price difference.
Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-19-2024, 02:53 PM   #16
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Polaris all the way. Or you could go old school!!

Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 03:41 PM   #17
Arrowhead Trail of Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
I noticed on the form this last year they are now asking for information on your UTV to charge personal property tax, but that might just be our county here at the lake.
It's probably all the people with the turbo polaris who are going to **** it up for everyone

hard to say a 4 seat turbo RZR is being used for farm work
TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 03:50 PM   #18
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalElder View Post
It's probably all the people with the turbo polaris who are going to **** it up for everyone

Yep, the county assessor has been seen down here on more than one occasion lately. We didn't used to have neighbors with Audis, Teslas and Mercedes, but we do now.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2024, 09:33 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Polaris all the way. Or you could go old school!!

The classics cost more than new now! Been looking for a builder 250r or 350x for awhile.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-19-2024, 10:26 PM   #20
Veteran

Find a used Argo and you can go in water too!!!
Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.
Old 05-19-2024, 11:01 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalElder View Post

I’m guilty. I’ve been riding at various sand dunes since the 1980s beginning g with dirt bikes, then ATCs, then a Jeep with sand/paddle tires. My body has gotten pretty beat up over the years and I finally just bought the Polaris 4 seater. The ride is so much smoother than bikes and jeeps on the body. I resisted as long as I could but age is undefeated.
jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 11:05 PM   #22
Veteran

Also check out a steyr-puch haflinger. Sounds like exactly what you need and in your price range. Can find one without to much searching.
Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.
Old 05-20-2024, 09:55 AM   #23
Fight, build, win!

The Rooskies have their Sherp.

srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2024, 10:23 AM   #24
Supporter

Why not both?

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...2X2kpthe_asTxs
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2024, 01:25 PM   #25
Wearing ballistic dog goggles.

Anything I would have to add has already been covered so I'll just say that if you're still thinking of the Wrangler TJ, shop for one with the 4.0L straight six. Gas mileage won't suffer much vs. the 4 banger and you will appreciate the extra HP and torque.
Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2024, 01:28 PM   #26
Wearing ballistic dog goggles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
The Rooskies have their Sherp.

Sherps are badass.
Saw one at a mud run and after the big block trucks on methanol and tractor tires got through churning up the muck, a Sherp went out there doing donuts in what was burrying full sized trucks up to the doors.
Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2024, 02:26 PM   #27
Veteran

Again..Get yourself an ARGO!

Old 05-20-2024, 02:40 PM   #28
Veteran

Video of a little older ARGO.

Old 05-20-2024, 05:16 PM   #29
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
The classics cost more than new now! Been looking for a builder 250r or 350x for awhile.

No kidding, wow.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2024, 05:20 PM   #30
Buddy Christ is a Chiefs fan

There are reasons that a lot of the trail places have pussy trails for the jeeps and leavss the truly fun difficult ones for the utvs.
BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.