Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-19-2024, 10:12 AM  
You gotta kill a few people

Give me 5 songs that will convince me I should listen to your favorite genre of music

It can be a specific subset of music like 90s West Coast gangster rap or something more broad like rock ‘n roll. Just give me the 5 songs you’d think would best convince a neutral party to start listening to your favorite genre.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2024, 11:04 AM   #16
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Alternative

1. Lumineers - "Gloria"
2. Silversun Pickups - "Nerve Endings (Bloody Mary)
3. Cage the Elephant - "Ready to Let Go"
4. Portugal the Man - "Feel it Still"
5. Daisy the Great with AJR - "Record Player"
Why the hell didn't I take my family to the Lumineers concert in Denver last year?

All of their stuff is great.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 11:05 AM   #17
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
Tru- Hoody Hoo

La Capone- Round Here

Master P- Burb and Lacs

Poke- Orange Laces

P-Lo- OBB

Knuckle up wit us buckle up wit us HOODY HOO
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 11:10 AM   #18
Would an idiot do that?

The Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight, Tonight
Foo Fighters - Everlong
The Strokes - Heart in a Cage
Aerosmith - Dream On
The Wallflowers - One Headlight

Or if you want angrier (but not Scandinavian Death Metal angry)...
Static-X - I'm With Stupid
White Zombie - Super Charger Heaven
The Smashing Pumpkins - Zero
Metallica - Battery
Godsmack- Whatever (there's probably a better, more up tempo 5th song)
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2024, 11:12 AM   #19
Mahomes Fanboi

Progressive Rock
-----------------------
Pink Floyd - "Dogs"
Porcupine Tree - "Anesthetize"
Opeth - "Windowpane"
Tool - "Lateralus"
Airbag - "Disconnected"
The Pineapple Thief - "The Final Thing on My Mind"

Progressive Metal
---------------------
Vola - "Head Mounted Sideways"
Leprous - "The Price"
Tesseract - "Sacrifice"
Wheel - "Vultures"
City of Souls - "Wolf"
Sleep Token - "The Summoning"
Katatonia - "Opaline"

Ok I have to stop.
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 11:15 AM   #20
Politically Incorrect

60's and 70's reggae, very different than today. It was more a mix of Calypso, Ska, Blues and Dancehall.

1. Alton Ellis - "I'm Still in Love with You"
2. Pat Kelly - "How Long Will it Take"
3. Slim Smith and the Uniques - "My Conversation"
4. Phyllis Dilion - "Perfidia"
5. Desmond Dekkar - "Intensified"
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2024, 11:20 AM   #21
Veteran

English Choral Music

Henry Purcell: Hail! Bright Cecilia
Benjamin Britten: Rejoice in the Lamb
Edward Bairstow: Blessed City, Heavenly Salem
John Taverner: Western Wind Mass
Orlando Gibbons: Second Service (Evening)
Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.
Old 05-19-2024, 11:20 AM   #22
[b]Supporter[/b]

Noisy rock? Punk, indie, some alt. I like the stuff with heavy jazz influences. More recent tracks from this category:

1. Black Country, New Road - Concorde
2. Fontaines D.C. - Starburster
3. English Teacher - The Worlds Biggest Parking Slab
4. The Last Dinner Party - Sinner
5. The Smile - You Will Never Work In Television Again
Delano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-19-2024, 11:21 AM   #23
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Godsmack-
I've got the earworm stuck in my brain for the last two weeks from hearing the song Voodoo while driving 100 mph through the desert back from Vegas.

I'm even singing ot out loud.

"I'm not the one who's so far away
When I feel the snakebite enter my veins
Never did I wanna be here again
And I don't remember why I came"
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2024, 11:24 AM   #24
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble View Post
English Choral Music

Henry Purcell: Hail! Bright Cecilia
Benjamin Britten: Rejoice in the Lamb
Edward Bairstow: Blessed City, Heavenly Salem
John Taverner: Western Wind Mass
Orlando Gibbons: Second Service (Evening)
I feel like I am either at a funeral or seeking some sort of redemption listening to these. They are LONG
Old 05-19-2024, 11:26 AM   #25
Fish are scared of me

Last edited by Hog's Gone Fishin; 05-19-2024 at 11:37 AM..
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2024, 11:28 AM   #26
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth View Post
Progressive Rock
-----------------------
Pink Floyd - "Dogs"
Porcupine Tree - "Anesthetize"
Opeth - "Windowpane"
Tool - "Lateralus"
Airbag - "Disconnected"
The Pineapple Thief - "The Final Thing on My Mind"

Progressive Metal
---------------------
Vola - "Head Mounted Sideways"
Leprous - "The Price"
Tesseract - "Sacrifice"
Wheel - "Vultures"
City of Souls - "Wolf"
Sleep Token - "The Summoning"
Katatonia - "Opaline"

Ok I have to stop.
The First 5 I like more than the second 5 but not bad and many groups I never heard of.

Last edited by scho63; 05-19-2024 at 11:33 AM..
Old 05-19-2024, 11:32 AM   #27
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delano View Post
Noisy rock? Punk, indie, some alt. I like the stuff with heavy jazz influences. More recent tracks from this category:

1. Black Country, New Road - Concorde
2. Fontaines D.C. - Starburster
3. English Teacher - The Worlds Biggest Parking Slab
4. The Last Dinner Party - Sinner
5. The Smile - You Will Never Work In Television Again
Cool stuff!

Reminds me of listening to bands like The Smiths in the 80s

I really like song #3
Old 05-19-2024, 11:32 AM   #28
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
I feel like I am either at a funeral or seeking some sort of redemption listening to these. They are LONG
Ok well this is unbelievably beautiful and just 5 minutes long. The greatest pieces tend to be longer because they're generally set to biblical texts which have changing moods etc.

Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.
Old 05-19-2024, 11:36 AM   #29
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble View Post
Ok well this is unbelievably beautiful and just 5 minutes long. The greatest pieces tend to be longer because they're generally set to biblical texts which have changing moods etc.

Beautiful.

Not sure of where or how I would listen to these but perhaps if you are real stressed out and need to relax and calm down, they could really put you at peace.

Also meditation.
Old 05-19-2024, 11:43 AM   #30
MVP

Started ignoring genres long ago.

ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote