Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-13-2024, 06:23 PM  
Politically Incorrect

Cancer is ****ing evil - my family has too much

Just got a call from my sister back East. My first cousin, who is very close to my sister, was just diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer that is also in her liver. She is 49 years old, married to a wonderful guy and has a great family of 3 kids, she is really an incredible person we were all close to as kids and I just spoke to her Dad last week, my Uncle on my father's side. She just moved to a real nice house on the Lake in northern NJ about a month or so ago.

She was having stomach pain, went through a bunch of tests and they found nothing. It then got so bad she went to the ER in excruciating pain and suddenly they do a scan and find it.

They immediately put a port in her and are giving her chemo. Chances are very slim she makes it and while I do know that some immunotherapy with special cocktails these days, her outlook is poor.

I'm stunned and this is another of our cursed family with cancer. Like 12 of our family.

Just live your life and enjoy everyday because if you keep postponing things until the future, it may never arrive.......

I have always believed I will have a short life like so many in our family so I live it up like my time on this Earth is very limited.

Just completely stunned..........
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-14-2024, 10:57 AM   #61
SuperChiefs

The shit runs wild in my family too, especially on my dad's side. My mom's in remission right now.
Prayers sent
#****cancer
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 11:13 AM   #62
Prestige Worldwide

**** Cancer....!
Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-14-2024, 01:04 PM   #63
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Shit...I never ever open the windows.
So straight from furnace to AC? It's not unusual really especially if you have bad allergies. The things that really stand a chance of killing you like sewer gas and co2 are being vented off.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-14-2024, 01:34 PM   #64
Rookie

That sucks! **** cancer! I am very sorry to hear this!
ChiefsFan88 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefsFan88 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefsFan88 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefsFan88 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefsFan88 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefsFan88 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 07:00 PM   #65
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
That's not on the insurance company, it's on the employer for choosing that group plan. There are plans that would cover those costs but it would be much more expensive for the employer and most likely lead to less actual pay for all employees while the total benefit package would be similar. Insurance Companies get the blame many times for a policy that has clear exclusions with a reduced cost compared to plans with fewer exclusions.
Your argument make some sense...save for this one small problem.

When the company goes "inexpensive" (their term) to "help" defray costs for the associates, but then has no problem paying big yearly bonuses to a specific class of people in the company....that bonus money could actually be utilized to truly defray the costs for the associates.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-14-2024, 07:01 PM   #66
On Hiatus

Oh...and sorry to hear about this Scho....

My thoughts and prayers to you and your family!

And...screw cancer...it has taken way too many lives.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-14-2024, 07:20 PM   #67
In Mahomes I trust!

Yes, cancer is EVIL! My mother has stage 4 liver cancer. I hate to see her get chemo and had to recently have ports installed because her veins are destroyed. This weigh's heavily on our family but we make the most of it. We have completely renovated her home (which she LOVES!). The schedules for appointments are balanced between our family members. She asks for little but gets whatever she desires. GOD bless any of my CP members that have to deal with this ungodly situation. I am in your corner.
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-14-2024, 07:24 PM   #68
In Mahomes I trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Just got a call from my sister back East. My first cousin, who is very close to my sister, was just diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer that is also in her liver. She is 49 years old, married to a wonderful guy and has a great family of 3 kids, she is really an incredible person we were all close to as kids and I just spoke to her Dad last week, my Uncle on my father's side. She just moved to a real nice house on the Lake in northern NJ about a month or so ago.

She was having stomach pain, went through a bunch of tests and they found nothing. It then got so bad she went to the ER in excruciating pain and suddenly they do a scan and find it.

They immediately put a port in her and are giving her chemo. Chances are very slim she makes it and while I do know that some immunotherapy with special cocktails these days, her outlook is poor.

I'm stunned and this is another of our cursed family with cancer. Like 12 of our family.

Just live your life and enjoy everyday because if you keep postponing things until the future, it may never arrive.......

I have always believed I will have a short life like so many in our family so I live it up like my time on this Earth is very limited.

Just completely stunned..........
Man, I am so sorry. I hate to hear. It is just a merciless situation and sucks betond anything. Love ya brotha.
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-14-2024, 10:09 PM   #69
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Yes, cancer is EVIL! My mother has stage 4 liver cancer. I hate to see her get chemo and had to recently have ports installed because her veins are destroyed. This weigh's heavily on our family but we make the most of it. We have completely renovated her home (which she LOVES!). The schedules for appointments are balanced between our family members. She asks for little but gets whatever she desires. GOD bless any of my CP members that have to deal with this ungodly situation. I am in your corner.
Prayers to you as well.

This is what my Dad passed from. Be strong as this particular cancer creates horrible issues near end of life.

Sounds like you and your family have a great support system. So important.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-15-2024, 10:57 AM   #70
MVP

My wife's stepdad is in home hospice at the moment. They didn't expect him to make it two weeks after being discharge to hospice care. He's at week 4. It is so sad to see him wither away, with nothing being able to be done other than to manage is pain.

My wife's Dad passed from bladder cancer about 11 years ago. Can't get away from that shit.
RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-15-2024, 12:53 PM   #71
Starter

Colon cancer took my dad back in ‘79 when he was 46 years young. I was 18 at the time and just graduated from high school. Doctors gave him a year to live but he lasted 4 and a half years although his last half a year was spent in a hospital bed at our house. He was 6’4” and weighed 225 pounds. When he passed away he was down to 140. It was tough to witness but he was as tough as they come. Still miss him like it was yesterday. Pound sand cancer
Tundra Scout is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Tundra Scout is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Tundra Scout is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Tundra Scout is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Tundra Scout is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Tundra Scout is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.