Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-11-2024, 04:27 PM  
Threepeat!

Tamba drops a deuce on Alex Smith

I'll throw Florio a bone on this one... or maybe an anvil?
T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-13-2024, 07:03 AM   #136
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by penchief View Post
Here we go again. It was the insufferable Alex first fans that drew the ire, not Alex himself. It is true that fans were ready to move on from Alex because it was obvious to everyone that he wasn’t it. But it’s also true that fans appreciated his role in our return to respectability.

It was the Alexsexuals that told us that we didn’t know football and how stupid we all were for thinking we could do better than Alex. Then when Mahomes shut that narrative up with his play, we had to listen to them tell us how Mahomes owed his success to Alex Smith.

So glad that shit is in the past. They truly were insufferable.
This exactly. About time for someone to start talking about "Smitty!"
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 07:39 AM   #137
You gotta kill a few people

Alex was infuriating to watch simply because he played scared. It was like fate hadn’t had enough with us yet during our stint with the coaching version in Marty. We just had to have a QB with all the skills but none of the gumption to let his nuts hang.

There were a couple moments of his that I’ll never forget. One was a speech to graduates at his Alma mater. He was going through his thought process in his first few years of playing QB in the NFL an and straight up admitted that he was afraid to fail. He would go onto the field telling himself over and over “Don’t mess up”, “Don’t throw an interception”, etc. He was obviously never able to shake that mindset even in KC.

Another was lower key but it was in the Pro Bowl. It was late, the game was on the line and the AFC was knocking on the door. They showed a clip of a coach on the sideline asking Smith “What do you want? A fade?” and Smith is just like “…. It’s your call”. Like, bro, it’s the Pro Bowl. Not a big deal. Just tell the coach you don’t like the call and pull up a different look.

He seems like a really good dude, though.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 07:42 AM   #138
You gotta kill a few people

Also, he made a great throw with the game on the line @ IND for that annoying Wild Card collapse in 2013. It was just good defense and Bowe couldn’t get his foot down.

I blamed him for that loss for years but now I can say he was only partially to blame.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-13-2024, 07:58 AM   #139
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Also, he made a great throw with the game on the line @ IND for that annoying Wild Card collapse in 2013. It was just good defense and Bowe couldn’t get his foot down.

I blamed him for that loss for years but now I can say he was only partially to blame.
**** Bob Sutton.

Dude shouldve been fired then and there. Instead we had to wait 5 more years for it to happen.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-13-2024, 08:14 AM   #140
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz View Post
**** Bob Sutton.
This was the Achilles heal of those years, just like the DV era.

Lopsided teams where one player wasn't going to bail them out.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-13-2024, 08:25 AM   #141
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
I have been here since the beginning of this place...I remember the Alex years and the frustration of being close yet failing to live to the teams fullest potential.

I also remember the prior 30+years of really crappy Chiefs history....people seem less angered by that than they are at the Alex years.....just seems odd to me.
there was some pretty heated anger in the Cassel years LOL

unfortunately I didn't find this beautiful oasis of geniouses until cassel
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-13-2024, 08:28 AM   #142
Starter

The worst part of Mahomes' rookie season that he lost a whole year of stats, and quite possibly a deep run in the 2017-18 postseason.

I don't doubt AS gave Mahomes some pointers, but I've always doubted how much impact he actually had on Mahomes' development. I say it's been exaggerated because Smith is such a "nice guy".

Dudes with a micropenis don't teach dudes with a prehensile hog how to ****.
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 08:30 AM   #143
MVP

Anyone else reading the headline as overly sexual? Just me? Ok.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 08:33 AM   #144
Plays to win the game!

After 4 years and losing in the playoff in 3 of the 4 years in the first game, outside of the massacre of the Texans, I think the majority of people in KC felt it was time to move on, even from Reid. Especially after that inexplicable loss to the Titans, we were just done. Reid and Dorsey likely felt their time was running short as well so they took a risk with Patrick, luckily it paid off for Reid and gave him the longevity his coaching career so badly needed. If he didn't draft Patrick Mahomes we're talking about him being one of the greatest coaches to never win a Super Bowl, in the same kinda reverence we have for Dan Marino, instead of now talking about him as one of the greatest coaches to ever coach the game. That's the Mahomes factor. I just remember how shocked I was in 2017 when we had the balls to jump 17 spots to get him, I'm like "We haven't done this since the year I was ****ing born, holy shit!"
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-13-2024, 08:34 AM   #145
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
Anyone else reading the headline as overly sexual? Just me? Ok.
You should go here:
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=353407
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-13-2024, 08:40 AM   #146
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post
Debating on clicking that on my work computer..
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-13-2024, 08:43 AM   #147
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrobProng View Post
The worst part of Mahomes' rookie season that he lost a whole year of stats, and quite possibly a deep run in the 2017-18 postseason.

I don't doubt AS gave Mahomes some pointers, but I've always doubted how much impact he actually had on Mahomes' development. I say it's been exaggerated because Smith is such a "nice guy".

100% agree with a lot of this.

the 1 year wait was OK in my book because of NFL diet, strength training, film work, coaching (by NFL qb coaches and so forth) practicing with and against NFL players, and being prepared to take over.

getting "coached" by Alex had 2 things to do with Patrick's success in the NFL:

Jack & Shit
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 09:00 AM   #148
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
Debating on clicking that on my work computer..
As he's posting in a thread entitled "drops a deuce".

As always with any CP thread, proceed with caution. But it's fine.
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-13-2024, 09:41 AM   #149
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming the Merciless View Post
there was some pretty heated anger in the Cassel years LOL

unfortunately I didn't find this beautiful oasis of geniouses until cassel
Bono and Cassell both infuriated this crowd....

But let's not kid ourselves....there was a long history of ineptitude in the draft and free agency that should have raised the hackles of the best Chiefs fan.

That could start with the selection of Todd Blackledge.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-13-2024, 09:46 AM   #150
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrobProng View Post

Harder to prone bone with a micro dick.
PatMahomesIsGod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.PatMahomesIsGod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.