Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-06-2024, 09:50 AM  
Needs more middle fingers

Kendrick vs Drake

Has anyone else been following this? I started paying attention when Kendrick Lamar dropped a diss verse on Drake in Future's new album, "We don't trust you".

There's been a flurry of rappers dropping diss tracks against Drake these past few weeks which include Kendrick Lamar, Future, Metro Boomin, Rick Ross, A$AP Rocky etc.

But this Kendrick vs Drake thing has been one of the most entertaining things in hip-hop in a long time. These dudes are getting real, real personal. Haven't seen something like this since pac vs biggie and even that wasn't this drawn out and personal. These guys are trying to end each other's careers. Pedo accusations, molestation accusations, accusations of hidden children...shit is wild.

I'll do my best to list the tracks and the subsequent reaction tracks in chronological order, focusing on Drake vs Kendrick:

ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-08-2024, 08:07 AM   #166
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED View Post
Haha so you admit it was Mr Morale you were trying to talk about. That should seal the fact that you’re either trolling or musically reeruned. Sorry, I forgot you’re an old man so you think sold CD’s are what most people are going off of now. Most people are streaming music now. That’s why the album “with no legs” was the top streamed album on Spotify in 2022. You’re trying to argue semantics to make it seem like it didn’t do numbers for some reason.
I never tried to hide the fact that I was talking about Mr Morale..

Gotta do some research, my boy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Album-equivalent_unit

We’ve been in the streaming era for like a decade now. The methodology for album sales accounts for single song downloads and streams. The formula is 1 album sale = 10 song downloads = 1,500 streams.

I’m not sure why you think that would help your case anyway. Are we supposed to believe Future and Gunna fans are out there buying physical copies but Kendrick fans aren’t? Lol. What a laughable assertion and exactly the kind of embarrassing coping mechanism I’d expect from a Kendrick Stan.

Quote:
Kendrick hasn’t ever had a flop.
Demonstrably false.

Quote:
Look at the comment on the first tweet you posted. It’s literally at the bottom talking about how ****ing impressive it is for Kendrick to have GKMC in the top 10 a decade later. When’s the last time Aubrey had an albums with that many “legs”?
Ummm, literally right now lol..

For those who don’t know what they’re looking at, this is a list of rap albums getting the most streams as of 1/6/2024. Notice the album titled Take Care. It was dropped by Drake in 2011. It’s a full year older than Good Kid MAAD City and out streaming it to this day. Additionally, Drake has SIX of the most streamed rap albums on this list of 25. Kendrick has two.

Don’t do that, by the way. I haven’t even compared Kendrick’s numbers to Drake’s because this debate is only interesting if you don’t. You don’t want to compare numbers between the two. Then it just becomes a slaughterhouse.

Quote:
The trolling is getting old. You realize you’re the only one making these arguments in this thread for a reason right? I don’t have time to explain why lyrics and being thought out is important to making a hip hop album anymore. It’s obvious you’re an Aubrey dick rider who listens to radio pop over hip hop. It’s like talking rock and roll with a ****ing Swifty at this point.
Says the tourist who cited Grammys in a hip hop debate.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 08:13 AM   #167

This man talking about streams as if that would help Kendrick’s case over Drake lol

ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-08-2024, 08:15 AM   #168

Here’s another Tweet reinforcing my claim that Mr Morale simply didn’t have legs.

Any objective party would agree. The numbers don’t lie.
Old 05-08-2024, 08:19 AM   #169

Might as well drop this one here while I’m at it. Stumbled across this one while I was looking for the others.

This one shows the top 21 most streamed rap albums of all-time on Spotify. Drake has five albums represented. Kendrick has two.

On a related note, look at Graduation and Eminem Show. I saw Get Rich or Die Trying on another list somewhere too. That one probably juuust missed the cut here. 20+ year old albums, still going strong.
Old 05-08-2024, 08:19 AM   #170
The talking stonehead

So you’re essentially just arguing that Pop is better than hip hop?! Take Care was probably Drakes last good album. I’ll give him that one. It’s like Kendrick said “I like Drake with the melodies, I don’t like Drake when he act tough” Aubrey would be better off getting back in his lane and making pop club music again. Him trying to step into the hip hop world is obviously not working. As you’re seeing by the current numbers these diss records are producing. I like that Aubrey got Kendrick to make a summer banger with the Not Like Us record. Looks like that’s definitely going to debut as a #1 song. Less than a month after Taylor Swift dropped an album too. Shits crazy for an actual hip hop artist.
POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 05-08-2024, 08:52 AM   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED View Post
So you’re essentially just arguing that Pop is better than hip hop?! Take Care was probably Drakes last good album. I’ll give him that one. It’s like Kendrick said “I like Drake with the melodies, I don’t like Drake when he act tough” Aubrey would be better off getting back in his lane and making pop club music again. Him trying to step into the hip hop world is obviously not working. As you’re seeing by the current numbers these diss records are producing. I like that Aubrey got Kendrick to make a summer banger with the Not Like Us record. Looks like that’s definitely going to debut as a #1 song. Less than a month after Taylor Swift dropped an album too. Shits crazy for an actual hip hop artist.
You’re reaching. Drake is not a pop artist and doesn’t make pop music. His music has consistently had heavy R&B and hip hop influence. He just does pop numbers.

Your boy Dot should be thanking Drake for the stimulus. It’s clear as day that Kendrick is clout chasing. He’s running these numbers because of Drake.
Old 05-08-2024, 08:55 AM   #172
The talking stonehead

Crazy that he didn’t have to rely on another top 5 streaming artist to boost his numbers either…you know…like a clout chaser would do.

“**** the big 3. It’s just big me” -Kendrick

Last edited by POND_OF_RED; 05-08-2024 at 09:20 AM..
POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 05-08-2024, 09:51 AM   #173
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Kendricks catalogue blows Drakes out of the water
Hyperbole maybe?

Last edited by wutamess; 05-08-2024 at 09:59 AM..
wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 05-10-2024, 11:01 AM   #174
The talking stonehead

Aubrey’s line in Push Ups “Get more love in the city that you from” has literally been flipped around on him.

Also, why the **** is the Game writing diss records on Rick Ross now? Talk about clout chasing a moment. Rick Ross? Is there a bigger disappointment than what the Game has ended up becoming?
Old 05-10-2024, 12:17 PM   #175
Baby Cry Cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
You’re reaching. Drake is not a pop artist and doesn’t make pop music. His music has consistently had heavy R&B and hip hop influence. He just does pop numbers.

Your boy Dot should be thanking Drake for the stimulus. It’s clear as day that Kendrick is clout chasing. He’s running these numbers because of Drake.
damn you’re just as reeruned in this aspect as in football
St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.
Old 05-10-2024, 12:35 PM   #176
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post

Holy shit

This makes so much sense though
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-10-2024, 12:48 PM   #177
Starter

As a person whose interest in rap peaked in the late 80s-early 90s, I can't believe Drake is taken seriously. A Canadian who acts like Carlton from Fresh Prince? He would've been torn apart by his peers in a previous era. Lol
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 05-10-2024, 12:56 PM   #178
Supporter

Does anyone know what Ask Jeeves says about this?
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 01:52 PM   #179
MVP

The fact that you turds haven't made your CP argument into dis tracks is just sad.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-10-2024, 01:53 PM   #180
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphojunkie View Post
The fact that you turds haven't made your CP argument into dis tracks is just sad.
Picking on Carlton fans is too easy.
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.