Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2023, 10:55 PM   #11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
Yeah. I started having shoulder issues because there's not the same lat power to keep my shoulder girdle down and locked so my left shoulder rolls up and forward. It gave me a nasty case of biceps tendonitis and it caused a lot of AC joint pain. It's finally starting to get back to normal (I'm not getting a click and pop every time I lift my arm), but I had to spend a long time using super light weight to train my other muscles to compensate and stabilize the shoulder.

Back work, surprisingly, is alright for the most part. I can't do any wide grip overhead stuff like wide pull ups or lat pulls, but near shoulder width or narrow is fine. Rowing motions are fine. I'm terrified to deadlift more than 275 now because it feels weird.

Through it all, though, I've transitioned to a higher rep scheme with a focus on complete squeeze and contraction, and 30 seconds of static hard flex after each set. It seems to be paying off. I think my days of anything resembling heavy is over.
How many reps/sets are you doing now? I’m seriously thinking of going that direction. I’m 48 and incorporating more agility stuff. Lifting heavy just isn’t feeling good anymore.
MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.