Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-19-2019, 03:03 PM  
In BB I trust

So....Dune 2020. Cool?

I learned today for the first time that a remake of the awesome book (and decidedly less awesome early 80s movie) Dune is being made, and is currently in post-production with a release date of December 18, 2020.

The cast includes many I don't know, but the ones I do know seem excellent for their roles. It's damn near a Marvel reunion...

Jason Mamoa as Duncan Idaho (the swordmaster of House Atreides)

Josh Brolin as Gurney Halleck (weaponsmaster of House Atreides, played memorably (and surprisingly) by Patrick Stewart in the original movie

Stellan Skarsgard as Baron Harkonnen

Dave Bautista (better known as Drax the Destroyer) as "Beast" Rabban, the nephew of Harkonnen

The most critical guy -- the one playing Paul is unknown to me. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3154303/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t3

This film is also only going to cover the first half of the book, which is good. It's really not possible to cover the whole thing in one 2 or 3 hour movie.

Anyway -- I love the book and a really good film would be great. What say you about all this news? Or am I just the last to known (as would be typical, to be honest!)
Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2023, 01:34 PM   #391
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Man I'm glad they did this right - that looks awesome.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2023, 06:37 PM   #392
MVP

My #1 most anticipated movie of this year or next.

This trailer was made by guys I used to work with and it's incredible.

Hans Zimmer is a master and this shit is so epic
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 02:25 PM   #393
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post

Dane McCloud Jr?

Last edited by Shoes; 05-05-2023 at 08:48 AM..
Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 02:37 PM   #394
MVP

Literally can't wait for this to come out
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-04-2023, 02:38 PM   #395
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:

Love me some Hans Zimmer.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-05-2023, 01:37 PM   #396
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Guys, it's gonna be great!

Spoiler!
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-05-2023, 01:39 PM   #397
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post

Spoiler!
Spoiler!
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-05-2023, 02:43 PM   #398
Mahomes Fanboi

YAYYYYY!!!! If I remember correctly my only gripe with the first one was that I had to wait so long for the next one.

This looks amazing.

funny in the comments someone wrote "Gary Oldman cast as the sand worm, that dude is so versatile fr"
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-05-2023, 03:49 PM   #399
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
Dane McCloud Jr?
Dane makes killer music cues for TV and commercials.

I work for a studio doing film campaigns like trailers and posters and what not.

Different worlds really.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-05-2023, 03:52 PM   #400
MVP

Quote:

Spoiler!
Dying sucks.

Enjoy dying 300 more times.
Old 05-05-2023, 04:10 PM   #401
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Finally got around to watching this one.

I have never read the books or even heard of them until this movie was under production so it was a lot to take in.

I'm definitely awaiting part 2 to see more of the Fremen culture, "Desert Power", and general lore etc.

Questions: how do animals as massive as sand worms survive on such a barren planet? I'm assuming they filter nutrients from the sand as they travel?

Wtf was that on the ceiling when Leto poisoned the room. Was that the Baron? If so, uhhhhh, what the ****?
It's been a thousand years since I've read the first couple books, but iirc, sand worms actually are 'sand plankton' feeders. The idea is that the deserts of Dune are similar in many ways biologically to oceans, and so have 'plankton' just like water-based seas.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-05-2023, 04:34 PM   #402
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Spoiler!
Oh, I'm aware. Mentat sex virtuoso me is the best me.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-05-2023, 05:36 PM   #403
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
It's been a thousand years since I've read the first couple books, but iirc, sand worms actually are 'sand plankton' feeders. The idea is that the deserts of Dune are similar in many ways biologically to oceans, and so have 'plankton' just like water-based seas.
They don't eat the sandtrout. The sandtrout become the worms.

And also how Leto II becomes a dickless half worm hybrid who lives for 3k years and argues philosophy with nerds until he loses his cool and tail whips Duncan v317 against the wall to explode into a thousand pieces.
Old 05-05-2023, 05:41 PM   #404
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
They don't eat the sandtrout. The sandtrout become the worms.

And also how Leto II becomes a dickless half worm hybrid who lives for 3k years and argues philosophy with nerds until he loses his cool and tail whips Duncan v317 against the wall to explode into a thousand pieces.
Sand trout. Forgot about those things. Yeah, they don't eat those. Wasn't Leto covered in those things at one point? Like a second skin or something?
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-05-2023, 07:14 PM   #405
sorta mod-ish

Quote:

Spoiler!
Spoiler!
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.