Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2022, 01:47 PM   #11
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Well, we're probably at the pinnacle of AAA gaming right now so I'm sure you feel like things are going great. I wasn't talking so much about the state of gaming now as the future of it. Gaming right now is better than it's ever been but it's also reaching a point where it might not be sustainable.

Just look at what was going on at Activision Blizzard prior to the acquisition, or CD Projekt Red, or any number of acclaimed AAA studios that have been inundated with accusations of long hours, harsh treatment, and even illegal activity. All of that happens because you're trying to develop a game that requires THOUSANDS of people with hundreds of people instead. A good indie game, especially on mobile, can be done by one or two people.

Eventually your catalog will dwindle as companies continue to evolve mechanisms for generating revenue IN-game as opposed to WITH games. It's already happening to some degree, you just haven't seen it encroach on your favorite games yet.

Just wait a couple of years when Madden goes GAAS, it's coming.
Oh, man, trust me, I am well aware. Like I said, these are different markets. I am saying there will be a market for AAA games despite there being other modalities to generate profit.

Microsoft just bought Bethesda and Activsion Blizzard. I don't think they spent a hundred billion on those studios for them to develop indie games, LOL.

I think maybe I am not clear on what you mean by GAAS. Are you talking about games like Fortnite and Path of Exile (game is free but you pay for quality of life and cosmetics) or just microtransactions in general? Or something different altogether?

EA has already been doing microtransactions with FIFA and Madden. It's a cash cow because people spend their money on that stupid shit. You can easily enjoy both titles without spending a cent over what you paid for your copy, though.
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.