Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-01-2021, 10:14 PM  
Thank you

Patrick Mahomes isn't "broken" you ****ing dorks

"broken" "abomination" "Rick Ankiel"

These are all words that people used to describe Patrick ****ing Mahomes tonight. I mean, are you listening to yourselves? Rick ****ING Ankiel?????

Look, I'm not going to pretend like he's been himself all year. He's not seeing the field as well as usual, he's struggling to trust his OL and occasionally scrambling out of clean pockets, he's missing some throws, some of those turnovers have actually been his fault and not just the receivers being unable to hold onto the ****in ball.

But all the wannabe psychologists and family therapists on this site are driving me up a ****ing wall. You don't know what the **** is going on in his head and you don't know what affect his family life has on his play.

What you DO know, based on a 3 season sample size, is that he's the greatest QB through ~50 games in NFL history. You know that he's won multiple comeback playoff games, two AFC titles, and a Super Bowl. You even know (or at least you ****ing should, unless you've been too busy moaning to actually read anything), that by most metrics he's actually been pretty good overall this season. His "turnover worthy" plays are actually DOWN from past years. He's #4 in the league in touchdowns. His TD% is identical to last season and higher that 2019. Before Tennessee, which is easily the biggest outlier of his career including the other "bad" games this season, he was leading one of the most efficient offenses of all time in terms of points per drive — yes, better than 2018. I know it doesn't feel that way because so many guys on this team (including, yes, Patrick himself on a few occasions) can't hold onto the ****ing ball. But that's the ****ing truth.

If he were moping during press conferences or lashing out on social media, I might give a little bit more credence to the narrative that he's moments away from a nervous breakdown. Not very much, but a little bit. But he's not. He's being honest (almost to a fault) about his role in the team's struggles and projecting confidence that he can turn it around. What more can he possibly do to convince some of you losers to hold onto a bit of that confidence yourselves? Does he need to go back in time and miraculously heal Schwartz and Fisher and win that Super Bowl? Should he just commit seppuku at midfield? What do you want??

Patrick Mahomes is not broken. He's slumping. Every QB slumps occasionally. Not every QB calls having the 4th best QBR (64.1) and 6th best EPA (46.3, just above the dreaded Aaron Rodgers) a ****ing slump. Personally, even after 8 underwhelming-to-miserable games and a 4-4 record, I'm gonna give the kid a little more leeway before calling for him to be committed to the god damn psych ward. I think he's earned at least that much.
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-02-2021, 08:41 AM   #136
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Quite a few, sure, but it's not like that's been happening on throws where he drills the guy in the chest.
Yes. He's throwing behind receivers. Some of the catches yesterday were much tougher than necessary.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Old 11-02-2021, 08:47 AM   #137
Mahomes Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
He is playing like shit because he's playing like shit. He's making dumb decisions. Throwing into bad coverages, trying dumbass no look passes, and he's been figured out. There's league has adjusted to him. Now he needs to adjust.
He's attempted 1 no look pass this year and it hit the WR in the ****ing shoulderpad that should have been a TD.
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-02-2021, 08:50 AM   #138
That's just f***in' stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth View Post
He's attempted 1 no look pass this year and it hit the WR special teamer in the ****ing shoulderpad that should have been a TD.
FYP
HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 11-02-2021, 09:13 AM   #139
Forever Royal

Patrick Mahomes isn't "broken" you ****ing dorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Well, he's not right now.

He's leaving clean pockets and bailing after his first read isn't there.

And it's derailing the offense.

I agree but the post I was responding to was acting like he has never been a good pocket QB and that he needs to learn as if he hasn’t been great at it.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-02-2021, 09:25 AM   #140
Veteran

Mahomes is not playing good football. Maybe he's injured, I'm not sure. Additions like Ingram are nice but the only way for the chiefs to turn into a legit threat in the AFC is if Mahomes can break out of his funk.
louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 09:30 AM   #141
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
I think it's worth noting the worst play Patrick made all night he hit a receiver in the end zone in the facemask.

Pump the brakes.
He did miss an absolutely wide open receiver to hit a tightly covered receiver in the face mask. I’m not totally sure who he was trying to pass to on that play.

https://youtu.be/kiJ8ffCjAlc
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Old 11-02-2021, 09:33 AM   #142
That's just f***in' stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDock View Post
He did miss an absolutely wide open receiver to hit a tightly covered receiver in the face mask. I’m not totally sure who he was trying to pass to on that play.

https://youtu.be/kiJ8ffCjAlc
Bad throw to Gordon. The defender was in his passing lane jumping up w/ his arm extended...he would have tipped/batted a flat trajectory pass to the open receiver. PM2 tried to "jump pass" over the defender and threw a bad pass. Inaccurate, and too much velocity. A bit of touch and better accuracy = TD to a wide open #19
HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 11-02-2021, 09:42 AM   #143
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Got to love the homers.

It's everyone's fault but Mahomes. Mahomes can do no wrong! How dare you criticize him! he needs more weapons! Who cares that he has a HOF WR and HOF TE!

Last edited by PAChiefsGuy; 11-02-2021 at 10:01 AM..
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 09:42 AM   #144
MVP

Chiefs should run less option route plays and more plays were WRs stick with one route.

Chiefs should run more plays with Mahomes under center and run the ball and do play action off the run.

Mahomes could have hit Tyreek for that big TD is he was able to step forward and throw it as far as he could. When he hit that 70-plus air yards pass against Atlanta in that 2018 preseason game he had to take forward steps to throw it that far.

That play last night he needed to throw it sooner if he was not able to take forward steps.

I have a lot of confidence in Mahomes, but he has not been as sharp. He may regain his full edge if Chiefs are less space age and more basic on offense. Give the OL a chance to hit the other team more on runs from under center.
jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 09:43 AM   #145
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie aguiar View Post
Mahomes is not playing good football. Maybe he's injured, I'm not sure. Additions like Ingram are nice but the only way for the chiefs to turn into a legit threat in the AFC is if Mahomes can break out of his funk.
He can play better for sure, he isn't the main issue though and if we get better on defense, the need to score every drive has to have a positive effect on his decision making, which has been an issue for him at times.

The O-line improving (especially Brown) their play will also help.

That said, I would like to see him hit the check down to Williams early when he sees them backpedaling immediately. It helps his O-line and frustrates the D-line.
VAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 11-02-2021, 09:48 AM   #146
Live free or die hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie aguiar View Post
I just think he's got a lot on his plate in personal life.
  • Recently married
  • New born baby (lack of sleep always)
  • Commercials
  • Stress of celebrity status

All that on top life's usual aches and pains. He's stretching himself thin and it's showing.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-02-2021, 09:51 AM   #147
Needs more middle fingers

More whispers about his Toe.

Anyone else notice Mahomes looking like he hurt his foot on the sideline last night? He was jumping around all weird and shit (like it hurt and he was playing it off) and then limping afterwards. I saw it and they're talking about it on the radio right now.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-02-2021, 09:52 AM   #148
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
More whispers about his Toe.

Anyone else notice Mahomes looking like he hurt his foot on the sideline last night? He was jumping around all weird and shit (like it hurt and he was playing it off) and then limping afterwards. I saw it and they're talking about it on the radio right now.
I know exactly when you mean. I thought he was hobbled as well, and the bouncing was very confusing to me.
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Old 11-02-2021, 09:54 AM   #149
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
I just think he's got a lot on his plate in personal life.
  • Recently married
  • New born baby (lack of sleep always)
  • Commercials
  • Stress of celebrity status

All that on top life's usual aches and pains. He's stretching himself thin and it's showing.
I think that's all legit. Mahomes must feel a ton of pressure (I know I would if I was in his shoes). He has set the bar so ridiculously high that even slightly above average QB play looks bad compared to what we're accustomed to seeing from him.
louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-02-2021, 09:55 AM   #150
Cheat Death

Its hard to tell with his natural old man shuffle thing he does, but last night it appeared more pronounced after that run up the sideline.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.