Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-09-2021, 08:31 AM   #55801
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Well yeah, but the mask mandates are an attempt to protect the unvaccinated, which is incredibly frustrating because they don't seem to care enough to protect themselves by and large.

Meanwhile, I'm dissolving my small production company next month and selling off all the equipment for pennies on the dollar because the plague has now cost me two years of work.

Just get the damned shots, people.
That's simultaneously true and probably counterproductive. If you want people to get the vaccine, they need to know that the world isn't going to keep trying to protect them forever.

I continue to believe that Colorado has handled this very well. People keep clutching pearls about the numbers going up, and our governor just keeps saying, "Well, they should get vaccinated."

The vaccines work, and they work well. That's all there is to it. But stories about breakthroughs are compelling, so that's the thing that sticks in everyone's mind (and the stories that get more clicks). At this point, I don't really see any compelling reason that we should have any restrictions whatsoever for vaccinated people.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 08:32 AM   #55802

Quote:
Well yeah, but the mask mandates are an attempt to protect the unvaccinated, which is incredibly frustrating because they don't seem to care enough to protect themselves by and large.

Meanwhile, I'm dissolving my small production company next month and selling off all the equipment for pennies on the dollar because the plague has now cost me two years of work.

Just get the damned shots, people.
That sucks, man. Sorry to hear.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2021, 08:40 AM   #55803
El Diablo

Quote:

Sorry dude. That stinks.
carlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-09-2021, 08:59 AM   #55804
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
That's simultaneously true and probably counterproductive. If you want people to get the vaccine, they need to know that the world isn't going to keep trying to protect them forever.

I continue to believe that Colorado has handled this very well. People keep clutching pearls about the numbers going up, and our governor just keeps saying, "Well, they should get vaccinated."

The vaccines work, and they work well. That's all there is to it. But stories about breakthroughs are compelling, so that's the thing that sticks in everyone's mind (and the stories that get more clicks). At this point, I don't really see any compelling reason that we should have any restrictions whatsoever for vaccinated people.

The restrictions on vaccinated people are only in place to put peer pressure on the unvaccinated. It's kind of like punishing the whole class because of the kid that keeps talking out of turn.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2021, 09:03 AM   #55805
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
The restrictions on vaccinated people are only in place to put peer pressure on the unvaccinated. It's kind of like punishing the whole class because of the kid that keeps talking out of turn.
And the issue is that the kids talking out of turn don't give a shit about the impact that they're having on the rest of the class, so that approach isn't really accomplishing much at this point.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2021, 09:19 AM   #55806
In Search of a Life

O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2021, 09:22 AM   #55807
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
That's another message that I think is really getting lost. Yes, kids 0-12 can't get the vaccine yet, but their risk is super low even without it.
Old 09-09-2021, 09:38 AM   #55808
Here We Go Again

Quote:
And the issue is that the kids talking out of turn don't give a shit about the impact that they're having on the rest of the class, so that approach isn't really accomplishing much at this point.
In fact those kids are pointing an laughing at everyone else.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 10:47 AM   #55809
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
That's another message that I think is really getting lost. Yes, kids 0-12 can't get the vaccine yet, but their risk is super low even without it.
But what if they get it and 40 years down the road they develop Covid related lung issues!!!!
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2021, 11:22 AM   #55810
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:

Sweet, so no mask mandates out there? We're on our way out the door for Estes Park as soon as I submit this post. Hopefully we don't get chased out by wildfires again.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2021, 12:08 PM   #55811
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
Sweet, so no mask mandates out there? We're on our way out the door for Estes Park as soon as I submit this post. Hopefully we don't get chased out by wildfires again.
You should be good in Estes. https://data.coloradoan.com/fires/

If you plan on going to RMNP make sure you get your timed entry permit. https://www.nps.gov/romo/planyourvis...mit-system.htm
penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.
Old 09-09-2021, 12:10 PM   #55812
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
One would think that would be insanely compelling. Yet, I'm still not convinced it helps counter the idiocy of posts like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
I just don’t get why or how people can defend the vaccine anymore lol
How does one counter the complete idiots that have not the ability nor the desire to understand what the data is actually telling us?
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2021, 12:11 PM   #55813
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
Nothing at the state level. Local counties can add their own mandates, but as far as I know no one has done so except Boulder County. And obviously individual businesses can do whatever they want.

In short, I'd carry a mask in your pocket, and you'll see people wearing them here and there, but I'd be surprised if you go anywhere that requires it.
Old 09-09-2021, 12:12 PM   #55814
Banned!

Quote:
Here's the thing.

I don't understand how protecting your neighbor became a political argument.

Maybe you are confident you'd be fine and get through covid. But what about every single person you come in contact with?

If everybody gets the vaccine, then we can all get on with our lives as relatively normal.

Without it, ICU's are full and not only are people dying of covid, but there's not adequate resources for ANYONE who needs medical care for any reason due to the massive burden on the medical sector.

Just get the damned shot. We live in a society. We interact with each other. Rugged individualism, yeah, yeah-but you don't exist in a vacuum. Why is such a small thing to do such a problem? Is a couple of shots (or just one even) so much to ask to not kill the greeter at Wal-Mart? Or the lady in front of you in line at the gas station? Or her spouse who's a cancer patient?

Why do people not understand that it's not all about YOU. It's about everyone you come in contact with, and everyone they come in contact with and so on and so on.

This is madness.
There exists a certain segment of the population that are cowards. That's the long and short of it.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2021, 12:15 PM   #55815
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
There exists a certain segment of the population that are cowards. That's the long and short of it.
Eh, that's going too far from my perspective. From a different vantage point, people say the same thing about people being "afraid" of COVID in the first place.