Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-16-2020, 08:44 AM   #2
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Absolutely perfect way to put it.

It's why sometimes I'll see a pick and just be completely puzzled by it. Other times I'll see a pick I don't like but I understand why they made it.

Speaks vs. K-Pass is a perfect example. You can watch their college games and see that K-Pass was raw as hell but man you saw some traits that just popped out. Meanwhile I never saw anything with Speaks like that.

That's why CEH looked like such an obvious HR pick for this team/system from the moment the pick was made. His traits are just perfectly suited for the offense. Oh sure, you can see a few spots where he's not elite, but they're not vitally important for this team.

That's what the folks that are stumping for guys like Taylor don't seem to understand (and I like Taylor quite a bit). When you're just looking at each players respective traits, the areas where CEH stands out are simply more important for this system than places where guys like Dobbins, Taylor and Swift stood out.

He's a clear scouting victory because the scouts saw the traits that popped on his tape and said "there's a dude that will kill it in Reid's offense..." and they were right.
Pretty much.

I do think Dobbins could have done it too, but CEH just fits it better.

I always look at college prospects and ones that have to win in college by being fundamentally sound, I kinda discount. Not that it's bad, but if you're physically tapped and having to beat college kids with technique and fundamentals, it's gonna be tough for you to win at the next level. Physical traits and such matter.

Now you can't get by with that alone in the league, but you have to have a certain baseline.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.