Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-21-2019, 10:45 PM  
Kind of a mod

Tesla Cybertruck

Well, he said it was going to be different.

Starts at $40k, though. That's impressive.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2020, 08:43 PM   #391
He's Mahomie!

I put down my $100 option on one. Maybe I can flip it.
MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2020, 09:21 PM   #392
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahiMike View Post
I put down my $100 option on one. Maybe I can flip it.
It does look like it might have a high center of gravity.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 09:54 PM   #393
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I'm not surprised that Tesla fared poorly - though they are good about fixing things, they're well known for having lots of little issues. I'm more surprised at Dodge and Kia topping the list. That's...hard to believe.
I have had a 2006 Dodge Durango for the last 10 years and that thing might be the best, most reliable vehicle I’ve had. Very underrated for as reliable and low-maintenance as it’s been. My newer 2017 Ram 2500 has had a bunch of recalls and warranty work already so they aren’t all made so well, at least those repairs didn’t cost anything!
prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.
Old 07-01-2020, 09:55 PM   #394
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Eh, maybe. IF they can get electric trucks worked out, they'll likely be very competitive. In an industry in which the bottom line rules, the cheap cost of electricity and low maintenance would be a huge bonus.
They are not low maintenance really. They are worse for the environment when you calculate that the batteries cannot be truly disposed of or recycled. Look at how bad the Prius and others like it are for the planet.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:18 PM   #395
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
They are not low maintenance really. They are worse for the environment when you calculate that the batteries cannot be truly disposed of or recycled. Look at how bad the Prius and others like it are for the planet.

You're uninformed on this. You can find all sorts of information if you care to look for it, but here's one that took 5 seconds of Googling to find. While manufacturing processes do create environmental impacts (which is true of any product), the only way an EV will ever be worse for the environment than a gas vehicle is if you just ignore tailpipe emissions entirely (and even then, EVs aren't MUCH worse than gas vehicles).

On top of that, EVs get cleaner over time. On the manufacturing side, that's due to better efficiencies and innovation. (Remember that EVs are really still in their infancy, so manufacturing is improving rapidly.) On the use side, it's also being driven by the fact that the power grid is rapidly getting cleaner due to more wind, solar, etc. being added.

So in short, the argument that EVs are worse for the environment has always been BS, but it's becoming even more BS as time goes on.

Last edited by DaFace; 07-01-2020 at 11:37 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:28 PM   #396
Roy E.

Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:00 PM   #397
Supporter

Quote:
Eh, maybe. IF they can get electric trucks worked out, they'll likely be very competitive. In an industry in which the bottom line rules, the cheap cost of electricity and low maintenance would be a huge bonus.
Until California taxes the duck balls out of electricity. Because California.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:13 PM   #398
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post

Cost of ownership is way way less on a Tesla than a ICE. I have both. Trust me. Look up Tesla Loop study. The cost of ownership and maintenance required was very little.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-02-2020, 07:13 AM   #399
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Until California taxes the duck balls out of electricity. Because California.
Don't Californians already have some of the highest electric rates in the country? i think they pay the 7th highest rate in the country due to all the stupid regulations the state puts on to ensure electric utilities get a minimum amount of $$ for electricity use.

P.S the cybertruck is ugly AF.
RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-02-2020, 07:31 AM   #400
Veteran

Quote:
You're uninformed on this. You can find all sorts of information if you care to look for it, but here's one that took 5 seconds of Googling to find. While manufacturing processes do create environmental impacts (which is true of any product), the only way an EV will ever be worse for the environment than a gas vehicle is if you just ignore tailpipe emissions entirely (and even then, EVs aren't MUCH worse than gas vehicles).

On top of that, EVs get cleaner over time. On the manufacturing side, that's due to better efficiencies and innovation. (Remember that EVs are really still in their infancy, so manufacturing is improving rapidly.) On the use side, it's also being driven by the fact that the power grid is rapidly getting cleaner due to more wind, solar, etc. being added.

So in short, the argument that EVs are worse for the environment has always been BS, but it's becoming even more BS as time goes on.
You are pretty rational guy and I enjoy reading your posts but your way off base on this power supply. I have a couple of windmills on some of my land and I’d advise you to do some research before you believe in them. If it wasn’t for govt subsidies they wouldn’t be a thing, I’ll go on cashing the checks but it’s a joke. I’ve also spent a good chunk of my life building power house’s of all kinds , while we’ve cleaned coal up it must not be good enough as we couldn’t get permits to build a new one here in Ks . They won’t build any new nukes so I don’t know where all this new energy is going to come from if they shut the oil down. I can damn sure promise you it ain’t coming from solar or wind, no matter how much of that smoke they want to try and blow up your ass.I also have oil production and if shit don’t change pretty quick all of are oil producers are going to be broke at these prices.
R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 07-02-2020, 07:45 AM   #401
MVP

I really want to buy one of these, but I don’t know if I can get over how ugly it is.
Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.
Old 07-02-2020, 07:50 AM   #402
synthesis2

We put a $100 deposit on the dual motor Cybertruck.

Here is the deal with Tesla, yes its great you don't need gas and when we purchased our model 3 dual motor last year our electric bill only went up about $8-15 per month vs. $200 plus we payed each month for gas for the wife Porsche Cay...

With that said once she purchased it and we got to drive it around a while its absolutely amazing. The crazy thing about Teslas is that they become better the longer you own them. They continue to add new features to them every couple of months that actually make them a better car!!?

I mean how many other autos are being made that add new features that are downloaded into your car as the year goes on?

I wasn't sold on Tesla before owning one but now my wife said the only car she wants from now on is a Tesla. They are really amazing auto's and if you haven't owned one that its hard to explain.
synthesis2 has disabled reputation
Old 07-02-2020, 08:13 AM   #403
What's up braj?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Clark View Post
You are pretty rational guy and I enjoy reading your posts but your way off base on this power supply. I have a couple of windmills on some of my land and I’d advise you to do some research before you believe in them. If it wasn’t for govt subsidies they wouldn’t be a thing, I’ll go on cashing the checks but it’s a joke. I’ve also spent a good chunk of my life building power house’s of all kinds , while we’ve cleaned coal up it must not be good enough as we couldn’t get permits to build a new one here in Ks . They won’t build any new nukes so I don’t know where all this new energy is going to come from if they shut the oil down. I can damn sure promise you it ain’t coming from solar or wind, no matter how much of that smoke they want to try and blow up your ass.I also have oil production and if shit don’t change pretty quick all of are oil producers are going to be broke at these prices.
Okay boomer
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-02-2020, 08:15 AM   #404
MVP

I went ahead and pre ordered one today.
Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.
Old 07-02-2020, 08:21 AM   #405
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Clark View Post
In Georgetown, Texas they've made a huge investment, with Government assistance, in Solar power and their electric rates actually went UP!

https://energynews.us/2019/11/05/sou...-a-texas-town/
RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.