Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-04-2018, 08:33 PM  
I'll be back.

Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Quote:
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2020, 06:11 PM   #376
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
Unfortunately you can't, because they included force sensitive characters in the Skywalker time frame.
Bullshit.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2020, 06:12 PM   #377
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Sounds like total ****ing bullshit to me.
The EU has always existed to "Fill in the blanks" left by the movies.

We've seen it in the novels, comics and animated series, which will continue with the upcoming TV series and subsequent seasons of The Mandalorian.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2020, 06:15 PM   #378
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Bullshit.

If they used a narrative excluding any force users then Farveau and Filoni could've had free reign in the Skywalker era.
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2020, 06:15 PM   #379
Supporter

Quote:
or just do their own story - not everything has to connect
Everything will connect, one way or another.

Technically speaking, the original Zahn series could be made into a TV series or trilogy of films and still connect, without issue, to 7-9.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2020, 06:24 PM   #380
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
If they used a narrative excluding any force users then Farveau and Filoni could've had free reign in the Skywalker era.
baby yoda doesn't have to have anything to do with palpatine or snoke or anything

he can just be baby yoda

in fact, it's better if he is
Old 01-03-2020, 06:31 PM   #381
oxymoron

I'll try to give a closer look once I get to episodes 7 and 8 on my re-watch, bit my initial reaction to Gideon's clothing was that it was fairly standard Imperial/Tie attire, albeit somewhat reminiscent of Director Krennic's outfit/cloak. And that Krennic impression may have had as much to do with the squad of Death Troopers as it did the clothes. But otherwise, after first viewing, I'd say you're overthinking it, and that it's the first time we've seen anybody from the Imperial Security Bureau.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2020, 06:35 PM   #382
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
baby yoda doesn't have to have anything to do with palpatine or snoke or anything

he can just be baby yoda

It deals with Yoda which is inherent to Skywalker.

After the Obi-wan and Darth Maul battle in Rebels they had Obi-wan checking up on Luke from afar.( Added to the fact I was losing my shit when they integrated the Dark Sabre)

Due to that it's on the Skywalker narrative which used force users .
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2020, 06:38 PM   #383
oxymoron

The other question remaining is whose boots those were at the end of episode 5.

I read something yesterday about how there's a female in mandalorian armor included in one of the toy sets, a female who isn't the Armorer, which means, if she's really a character, we haven't seen her yet, other than, possibly, the back of her boots.

I'm sure whoever it is, Filoni will make it interesting. More interesting than, say, Boba Fett.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2020, 07:08 PM   #384
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post

I read something yesterday about how there's a female in mandalorian armor included in one of the toy sets, a female who isn't the Armorer, which means, if she's really a character, we haven't seen her yet, other than, possibly, the back of her boots.

I'm sure whoever it is, Filoni will make it interesting. More interesting than, say, Boba Fett.
It could be Sabine Wren, although a sequel series to Rebels, featuring Sabine and Ahsoka's quest for Ezra, has been in the works for a while and may debut as early as this year.
Old 01-03-2020, 07:12 PM   #385
Supporter

Quote:

he can just be baby yoda

Baby Yoda has to be connected; Otherwise, why is a former Imperial Moff looking for such a being?

Why is BY so important in a time when Force Users, most of whom perished 50+ years earlier and only known to a few out of TRILLIONS of sentient beings, have been eradicated from the galaxy?

It's ALL connected - Mandalore, Cara Dune of Alderaan, the Darksaber, Baby Yoda - all connected to a much larger story.
Old 01-03-2020, 08:26 PM   #386
Supporter

Quote:

Yeah, it's interesting they didn't pay that off, I think they probably will in the future.

However some dorks I watch on YouTube have laid out pretty extensive evidence that it is Fett.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2020, 08:33 PM   #387
Supporter

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Yeah, it's interesting they didn't pay that off, I think they probably will in the future.
My money's on Bo-Katan Kryze (or possibly a relative) that's searching for the person that stole the Darksaber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
However some dorks I watch on YouTube have laid out pretty extensive evidence that it is Fett.
That would be such a copout. Plus, Favreau was not only a Mandalorian in The Clone Wars, he's steeped in Mandalorian culture and history.

Bringing back Boba Fett, who was never a true Mandalorian, seems counter-intuitive for him.
Old 01-03-2020, 08:58 PM   #388
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
That would be such a copout. Plus, Favreau was not only a Mandalorian in The Clone Wars, he's steeped in Mandalorian culture and history.

Bringing back Boba Fett, who was never a true Mandalorian, seems counter-intuitive for him.
I agree. I've seen enough of Fett for my liking, especially since there are soooo damn many interesting characters to bring in.

BUUUUT (I don't remember everything the dorks talked about, but a few things:

1. The audible jingle of his boots like spurs
2. Cloak
3. Tattoine presumably after he got out of the Sarlacc pit.
4. He'd probably have a beacon to find her like Mando's buddy did.

There was some other stuff but I don't remember it off hand. It would be a total copout I agree.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2020, 09:18 PM   #389
oxymoron

I don't think it's Sabine. It's got to be someone tied to The Mandalorian in some way. And I don't see how she would be.

I'm not sure Bo-Katan would make mich sense, either. I don't see any way she would give up the Darksaber or the role of Mandalore while she's still alive. And she's pretty old. She didn't look it on Rebels, but Sabine gave her the Darksaber roughly 20 years after she joined Death Watch , so if she did survive The Purge she's probably in her 50s.

But it would give them an excuse to bring Katee Sackhoff onto the show.

My guess is still a new character.
Old 01-04-2020, 01:31 AM   #390
MVP

Just watched the last two episodes and they were pretty great. Still cracks me up they got Warner Herzog for that role which was pretty perfect.

Noticed Taika Waititi directed the last one.
Miles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli