Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-22-2019, 02:49 PM  
Veteran

Lamar Jackson

I was pretty skeptical about him but he is legit. If the Ravens keep the D up as they always do I can see many battles in the playoffs against them for awhile.
Hamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 11-26-2019, 02:08 PM   #331
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Because he's a different player.

This conversation reminds me of the Mahomes naysayers of '18.

People just didn't want to believe what they were seeing because it had never been done before, so they say "yeah but, remember that one guy? How'd that work out?"
Explain how Lamar is a different player than Vick or Kap in their prime. I HAVE seen it done before, those guys did it. It looked just like this.

No you haven't seen a player like Mahomes before, not to his extreme. Its a terrible comparison.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 02:11 PM   #332
Diablo Negro

Watch this and tell me Lamar doesn't look just like a right handed Vick.

Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:19 PM   #333
In Search of a Life

Vick had one of the strongest arms ever too. People tend to underestimate just how good he was as a passer
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:20 PM   #334
In Search of a Life

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:25 PM   #335
Mahomes > God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! View Post
LOL the hyperbole is real...
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:26 PM   #336
MVP

Quote:
Vick had one of the strongest arms ever too. People tend to underestimate just how good he was as a passer
He wasn’t very accurate but Vick had a rocket arm. Considerably stronger arm than Lamar, but I think Lamar is more accurate.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:29 PM   #337
MVP

Quote:
The mis-direct in the run game is certainly part of it, yeah.

The fact of the matter is the Ravens completely rebuilt their offense around what Lamar does well.

This "product of the system" shit is bullshit. Their system exists BECAUSE of Lamar.

Much the same way the Chiefs offense adapted for Mahomes. Mahomes doesn't run Alex Smith's version of Reid's offense. He doesn't run McNabb's version or Vick's. He runs the Mahomes version, which is a system tailored to what Mahomes does well.

The SYSTEM is built around Mahomes. Mahomes, like Lamar, aren't products of a system. They are the focal point of a system designed AROUND them, FOR them.

Ya follow?
I’m saying Patrick could do very well in Baltimore with a badass OL and RB’s who do not fumble. I don’t think Lamar would be able to carry a team with his arm like Mahomes is required to do. 40-50 pass attempts per game with a soft OL.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:43 PM   #338
Starter

Jackson and the Ravens have been on a roll since and including the Pats game. Be interesting to see if the Ravens can continue this roll all the way to Miami in February.

Also, be interesting to see if Jackson can continue to develop and keep his play up through the upcoming years as he has this year.
Yehoodi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Yehoodi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Yehoodi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Yehoodi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Yehoodi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Yehoodi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Yehoodi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Yehoodi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:46 PM   #339
Starter

Quote:
Because he's a different player.

This conversation reminds me of the Mahomes naysayers of '18.

People just didn't want to believe what they were seeing because it had never been done before, so they say "yeah but, remember that one guy? How'd that work out?"
What makes him different? I don't see it. We have seen athletic freaks who have decent arm talent play QB before. I also don't think one injury and he is done, but what I do believe is the cumulative hits he will eventually sustain will take away a lot of what currently makes him special. He really is not doing anything we have not seen from athletic QBs over a short period of time. Greater than what we have seen? Perhaps. Different than what we have seen? No.
kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:48 PM   #340
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
I’m saying Patrick could do very well in Baltimore with a badass OL and RB’s who do not fumble. I don’t think Lamar would be able to carry a team with his arm like Mahomes is required to do. 40-50 pass attempts per game with a soft OL.
You are absolutely spot on. Jackson is as much in a unique situation as he is a unique talent, though I clearly recognize he is an electrifying athlete.
kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:57 PM   #341
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
True but obviously if Larmar was here Chiefs wouldn't build a team the same way they have with Mahomes as QB.

Lamar is playing great right now. You can't take that away from him. We'll see if defenses can adjust but I think the guy is a good QB.. Is he as good as Mahomes? I don't think so but right now he is playing better than him.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:58 PM   #342
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrund View Post
What makes him different? I don't see it. We have seen athletic freaks who have decent arm talent play QB before. I also don't think one injury and he is done, but what I do believe is the cumulative hits he will eventually sustain will take away a lot of what currently makes him special. He really is not doing anything we have not seen from athletic QBs over a short period of time. Greater than what we have seen? Perhaps. Different than what we have seen? No.
It’ll be interesting to see what happens when the time comes to pay Lamar huge money. Can they also afford the road grader OL that he currently has paving the way for him?
Old 11-26-2019, 03:01 PM   #343
In Search of a Life

The Ravens system is perfect for Lamar. We will need to spy Lamar all game long. We don’t have a LB athletic enough to do that
Old 11-26-2019, 03:02 PM   #344
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
The Ravens system is perfect for Lamar. We will need to spy Lamar all game long. We don’t have a LB athletic enough to do that
Confuse him with blitzes, spys, Man Coverage, Zone etc... Like others have said guy isn't the smartest. Best way to beat him is probably confusing him and keeping him guessing what the D is going to do.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-26-2019, 03:42 PM   #345
Stroking to the SB Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
Confuse him with blitzes, spys, Man Coverage, Zone etc... Like others have said guy isn't the smartest. Best way to beat him is probably confusing him and keeping him guessing what the D is going to do.
I thought we did a pretty good job defensively on him when we played him earlier this year, even though we sucked at stopping their run game, but what's new.
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.