Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-22-2019, 02:49 PM  
Veteran

Lamar Jackson

I was pretty skeptical about him but he is legit. If the Ravens keep the D up as they always do I can see many battles in the playoffs against them for awhile.
Hamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 11-26-2019, 09:15 AM   #256
synthesis2

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebag02 View Post
Thank God Patrick Mahomes three down a 24 on his wonderlic
a 24 compared to a 13 is a huge difference. A 24 at least shows that the individual can comprehend problems in a fairly above average/average level. this does not take athletic aspect into anything and of course this will help.

But a 13 is so far below average its hard to think he will have any staying power as there has never been a QB with this low a wonderlic that has done anything memorable in the NFL.
synthesis2 has disabled reputation
Old 11-26-2019, 09:16 AM   #257
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
I like how everyone just throws out “just get a lead against them “. Like it’s just that easy. That’s a damn good defense.

What if you can’t get build up a lead ? Then what?
Then play tough, stick close, and have a elite QB that can lead you to victory in the final minutes?

You know, like Pat and the Chiefs did last year, when they trailed the Ravens most of the game.

TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:24 AM   #258
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthesis2 View Post
a 24 compared to a 13 is a huge difference. A 24 at least shows that the individual can comprehend problems in a fairly above average/average level. this does not take athletic aspect into anything and of course this will help.

But a 13 is so far below average its hard to think he will have any staying power as there has never been a QB with this low a wonderlic that has done anything memorable in the NFL.
There are few qbs with his athletic ability who actually throw a decent ball. But to answer your question, Jim Kelly used arm talent to overcome a 15. Randall Cunningham used arm talent and athleticism to overcome a 15. I don't think Ben has much upstairs either but has made a career out of making long reads while pass rushers bounce off him like birds flying into glass. And again, he's a system qb who happens to be in a system tailor made for him.

He doesn't give the ravens the best shot at a super bowl. But he certainly makes them a tough out. As long as the ravens run the ball and play defense, and lamars body doesn't break down, I don't see how that fizzles out. And no, I don't think his body can take more than a few years of this.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:30 AM   #259
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
i'm not saying that a athletic QB can't overcome below average smarts but his score is much lower than normal. I mean Vicks 20 is much better than 13. A 20 is close to average for all players but below average for QB's. Lamar is WAY below for a QB.

He just drops back, looks around for a second throws or ( most likely) runs and because he is arguably the best RB in football he gets a lot of yards. But not much upstairs.

I think he could be an amazing WR or RB, its too bad he does not make the switch to one of those positions, he could be generational. As a QB he will flame out as he just won't be able to process change when things get more complex.
You can be dumb as a rock and be a great running back. The QB position needs to have a good accuarte arm and physically able to take a shot every once in a while. But, first the QB needs to process information quickly or the whole play dies. Thats definitely tied into intelligence.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:45 AM   #260
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
You can be dumb as a rock and be a great running back. The QB position needs to have a good accuarte arm and physically able to take a shot every once in a while. But, first the QB needs to process information quickly or the whole play dies. Thats definitely tied into intelligence.
But wonderlic is not a perfect predictor of that type of intelligence. It's an overrated metric. As someone pointed out, mahomes doesn't have an incredible wonderlic but his football IQ is off the charts.

In lamar Jackson's case, the best examples are big ben and Randall cunningham. They don't make fast reads at all. Big ben threw a fit when he wasn't allowed to freelance. These qbs have ability to improvise when a play breaks down. It's like playing street ball. And sometimes like in Baltimore you build a system that encourages the qb to do just that.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:46 AM   #261
Mahomes > God

Lamar is really good but I give a ton of credit to Harbaugh and Roman for blowing up their offense and completely re-tooling it around Lamar and what he does well. Also the fact that they're aggressive and never let up...

Really wish Andy would take cue, I think there's too many times we see him try to fit Pat into the scheme instead of the other way around.

**** the RPOs, **** the screens, **** the inside draws....go 5 wide, no huddle, and let Pat make any adjustments at the line. Push the ball down the field constantly and put the pressure on the opposition defense. Never let up, always aggressive.

Eh maybe one day....
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:52 AM   #262
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
But wonderlic is not a perfect predictor of that type of intelligence. It's an overrated metric. As someone pointed out, mahomes doesn't have an incredible wonderlic but his football IQ is off the charts.

In lamar Jackson's case, the best examples are big ben and Randall cunningham. They don't make fast reads at all. Big ben threw a fit when he wasn't allowed to freelance. These qbs have ability to improvise when a play breaks down. It's like playing street ball. And sometimes like in Baltimore you build a system that encourages the qb to do just that.
You make it sound as if Jackson is creating a ton of plays in the passing game with his free lancing. I have not seen it in the games that I have watched. The big plays he creates off script are with his feet primarily. The only system that the Ravens have created is allowing Jackson to run.
kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:53 AM   #263
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:

If Jim Kelly and Dan Marino can be HOF QBs as immobile, pocket passers with 15 and 16 on their Wonderlics, I think that Lamar Jackson will be okay.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:55 AM   #264
Now you've pissed me off!

You know who Bill Belichick said was the smartest receiver he'd ever been around? Randy Moss.

Moss scored a 12 on the Wonderlic. This is a stupid argument.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:56 AM   #265
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrund View Post
You make it sound as if Jackson is creating a ton of plays in the passing game with his free lancing. I have not seen it in the games that I have watched. The big plays he creates off script are with his feet primarily. The only system that the Ravens have created is allowing Jackson to run.
Not saying he's the same qb. Just talking about how qbs have worked around not making lightning fast reads in a conventional offense.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:57 AM   #266
He's Mahomie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell View Post
Last night, they just flat out did whatever they wanted to the Rams. I mean, that shit looked like a college game. I never thought much of the Rams (even last season when they went to the SB) but I don't think they are Bengal level suck. Ravens made them look like...the Bengals. It was remarkable.
Yea the Ravens look like Alabama out there right now and the league is their bitch.
MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:59 AM   #267
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
Lamar is really good but I give a ton of credit to Harbaugh and Roman for blowing up their offense and completely re-tooling it around Lamar and what he does well. Also the fact that they're aggressive and never let up...

Really wish Andy would take cue, I think there's too many times we see him try to fit Pat into the scheme instead of the other way around.

**** the RPOs, **** the screens, **** the inside draws....go 5 wide, no huddle, and let Pat make any adjustments at the line. Push the ball down the field constantly and put the pressure on the opposition defense. Never let up, always aggressive.

Eh maybe one day....
I do not totally agree with your take. I do believe we should primarily be an aggressive down the field offense, but the multi-layered facets of our offense is also something that we should not view as anything other than a strength. Not only does it give the defense a lot to have to prepare for, but it also allows Mahomes a "go to" when he is either off or the defense is taking away what we want to do. It is what I do not see currently with the Ravens. If the Ravens power run game is shut down what do they fall back on?
kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:08 AM   #268
Mahomes > God

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrund View Post
I do not totally agree with your take. I do believe we should primarily be an aggressive down the field offense, but the multi-layered facets of our offense is also something that we should not view as anything other than a strength. Not only does it give the defense a lot to have to prepare for, but it also allows Mahomes a "go to" when he is either off or the defense is taking away what we want to do. It is what I do not see currently with the Ravens. If the Ravens power run game is shut down what do they fall back on?
It's not shut down, that's the problem...they believe in it enough to keep at it and are aggressive enough.

Jackson is a good enough passer to make plays when it's needed.

I don't care about being multi layered...we should be blowing teams off the field with this offense and putting games away early.
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:09 AM   #269
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post

Josh Allen had a 37 Wonderlic. Watch Josh Allen vs Lamar Jackson and tell me again who is a smarter QB.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:10 AM   #270
In Search of a Life

Can we quit bitching about the wonderlic score and just admit that Lamar is a really good QB
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote