Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-18-2018, 08:23 AM  
Ain't no relax!

Captain Marvel

Last edited by DaFace; 12-04-2018 at 12:12 AM.. Reason: size was doing weird things to the thread
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:51 AM   #481
Paladin

I'm not going to see it. My question is are they going to let Brie seem the most competent person in Endgame while the boys that are left follow her lead like lost puppies?
Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:20 PM   #482
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme View Post
Top 500 comics of 2018 https://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1...ticleID=224120

I don't see Captain Marvel or Ms Marvel on the list.
Doesn't she get any credit for being in the Avengers, who have like half the items on that list?
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:38 PM   #483
Stay positive, don't give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme View Post
Top 500 comics of 2018 https://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1...ticleID=224120

I don't see Captain Marvel or Ms Marvel on the list.
https://screenrant.com/marvel-divers...-single-issue/

That doesn't tell the whole story. I saw some books on the list that were not good. Hunt for Wolverine was a huge letdown go example

"However, there are two major issues with considering only the top single-issue sellers when making decisions on what fans want to see. First of all, the majority of top-selling comics are*always*the true heavy hitters:*Batman, Spider-Man, X-Men, Justice League, Avengers,*etc. Expecting any newer title with a lesser-known hero at the helm to do as well as these goliaths is simply unrealistic - and were that the expectation for all titles, a much wider range would be getting the chop. In addition, these sales figures only take into account one thing: single issue sales. Trades and digital subscribers are not included in this data, and the sales of trade paperbacks paint a very different story."

Also.

https://m.comixology.com/comics-best-sellers

Captain Marvel and specifically Ms Marvel have been huge digital sellers. Most my tpb's are digital as well. I try to get most singles in paper but they requires a big ass room after some time.

Last edited by Sure-Oz; 03-08-2019 at 12:49 PM..
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:43 PM   #484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
Doesn't she get any credit for being in the Avengers, who have like half the items on that list?
Both are in Avengers, Champions, several appearances on other books such as All New Wolverine etc
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:46 PM   #485
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
What I really need to know is if the post credit scenes are worth staying for.
Haven't read it, but by the title this might answer your question.

https://uproxx.com/hitfix/captain-ma...ngers-endgame/
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:51 PM   #486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna View Post
I'm not going to see it. My question is are they going to let Brie seem the most competent person in Endgame while the boys that are left follow her lead like lost puppies?
So are you not going to see end game if Captain Marvel is a badass in it? She's like Superman basically. I assume she will be one of the many leaders...we shall see.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:53 PM   #487
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Haven't read it, but by the title this might answer your question.

https://uproxx.com/hitfix/captain-ma...ngers-endgame/
Damnit. That's not helpful. "Spoilers ahead"
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:01 PM   #488
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
Damnit. That's not helpful. "Spoilers ahead"
Neither credit scene is needed if you don't feel like staying. The first one is pretty early into the credits so you might as well watch that if you feel like.

The second one you have to wait forever and is definitely not worth the wait.
Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:02 PM   #489
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
For the record, it is Captain Marvel, but there is a series for a different Marvel character called Ms. Marvel that has a cult following.

I think it was a one-off, though.

OK. I thought they were the same character. That Cap Marvel became Ms Marvel when the character turned into a woman at some point. I didn't get into comic books much as a kid and my knowledge of the stories/characters is mostly from TV/movies/games.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:08 PM   #490
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMoChief View Post
I mostly agree with this. The plot was VERY disjointed, all starting from the very beginning. Movie probably should have started with Benning's character and her work re: Project Pegasus.

100% agree with you on Larsens lack of charisma.

On another point...the villian in this film is very underwhelming. I mean I get why it had to be that way given the story etc...but I was like ..."wow so that's it?"

Kind of hard for me to pick 'the' villain. I didn't think of it until you mentioned it, but yeah. And that's what I was thinking after I made my post about the structure of the film - start with Project Pegasus. Annette Benning did a pretty good job overall. Her and Jackson could have carried the movie.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:12 PM   #491
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna View Post

She wouldn't be the only OP character in the fight. Static Electricity Thor is pretty bad ass. If the Hulk actually shows up he should be ridiculously strong. And how much plot armor are they going to cram into Iron Man's suit and Captain America's shield? And then Doctor Strange can always pull rabbits out of his ass.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:30 PM   #492
MONTANA #19

I don't think this is really a spoiler, but I'll put it in tags just in case.

Spoiler!
arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:31 PM   #493
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
OK. I thought they were the same character. That Cap Marvel became Ms Marvel when the character turned into a woman at some point. I didn't get into comic books much as a kid and my knowledge of the stories/characters is mostly from TV/movies/games.
Not exactly. Ms. Marvel became Captain Marvel after a bunch of others donned the Captain Marvel role.

Danvers storyline.. if I'm remembering correctly:
  • Captain Marvel comic is introduced in the late 50s starring an alien named Mar-vell as Captain Marvel.
  • Mar-vell develops a romance with Carol Danvers, who works for NASA. She's just a normal person at this point.
  • Like 5 other people take over the Captain Marvel role and have their own stories.
  • 1977, she reappears in the new comic Ms. Marvel getting super powers when a machine blew up and she absorbed Mar-vell's powers becoming Ms. Marvel.
  • She stays as Ms. Marvel for another 15 years or so, then takes on the name of Binary after her powers get boosted in space. Works with Avengers and XMen.
  • She loses her Binary powers(Rogue steals them), and changes her name to Warbird. Again works with Avengers, etc.
  • Finally in 2012, she takes over the role of Captain Marvel.

Last edited by Fish; 03-08-2019 at 01:39 PM..
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2019, 03:07 PM   #494
MVP

Marvel wanted their own Wonder Woman. Captain Marvel wasn’t it, she’s kind of a boring character. A Storm movie I would have loved to have seen if they wanted a great female lead. I’ll pass on this shitshow.
kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-08-2019, 03:08 PM   #495
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Current RT Scores: Critics 81%, Audience 35%

Oops.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.