Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-17-2015, 12:29 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***

Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:43 AM   #4471
Mahomosapien

I’m going to swap the 305 out of my 87 Monte Carlo ss. I am still on the fence about what I want to do. Part of me wants to just LS swap it, but the fabricator in me wants to do something crazy like a 2jzgte or RB26Dett. The LS swap is super overdone, but that makes it a lot cheaper and easier too. Hmm
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:04 AM   #4472
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post
I've got a 14 5.3 at the shop that absolutely grenaded. Probably the worst I've ever seen. Broke the block from head to head on the back 2 cylinders, broke both heads, blew the upper oil pan in two all the way to the balancer , broke the starter, broke the bellhousing and case on the transmission, broke 2 torque cover bolts, broke the ac compressor, ripped the wiring harness in two.

I've never seen anything like it.

A dealer in Minnesota claimed it was the afm that caused it, said the valves must have worked when they weren't supposed to and allowed fuel to get into those cylinders and it exploded.

Its direct injected
Sounds like it filled the cylinders with fuel and hydrostaticed. Thats what my motor did on 1 cylinder a few years ago, destroyed a piston, bent 3 rods and damaged one of the heads.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:14 AM   #4473
MVP

Install the Range AFM Delete and forget about it.

Quote:
I've got a 14 5.3 at the shop that absolutely grenaded. Probably the worst I've ever seen. Broke the block from head to head on the back 2 cylinders, broke both heads, blew the upper oil pan in two all the way to the balancer , broke the starter, broke the bellhousing and case on the transmission, broke 2 torque cover bolts, broke the ac compressor, ripped the wiring harness in two.

I've never seen anything like it.

A dealer in Minnesota claimed it was the afm that caused it, said the valves must have worked when they weren't supposed to and allowed fuel to get into those cylinders and it exploded.

Its direct injected
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:16 AM   #4474
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
Install the Range AFM Delete and forget about it.
No. They suck. I just turned it off in the tune
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:22 AM   #4475
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Sounds like it filled the cylinders with fuel and hydrostaticed. Thats what my motor did on 1 cylinder a few years ago, destroyed a piston, bent 3 rods and damaged one of the heads.
definitely could have.

My point was that the valves don't control the fuel delivery...lol
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 11:34 AM   #4476
MVP

I guess I need to expand my vocabulary. "hydrostaticed"

Doesn't reprogramming a customers PCM ECM ECU void the powertrain warranty?
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-20-2018, 11:36 AM   #4477
Shit

Quote:

Doesn't reprogramming a customers PCM ECM ECU void the powertrain warranty?
What does that matter on a 150k vehicle? Why would I be putting an engine in a vehicle that was in under factory warranty?

And if it was you just turn it back on before taking to the dealer.

Last edited by SAUTO; 10-20-2018 at 12:10 PM..
Old 10-20-2018, 11:50 AM   #4478
Diablo Negro

Quote:
definitely could have.

My point was that the valves don't control the fuel delivery...lol
Oh yea, I got that.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-20-2018, 11:56 AM   #4479
Diablo Negro

Quote:
I'm sure I am spinning my wheels here but....

Quote:
Hydrostatic means that energy transfer is brought about by fluid flow and pressure.
Fluid flow = Fuel entering cylinder
Pressure= Intake valve closes and piston raises.
Energy Transfer = Liquid does not compress therefore "boom"
Old 10-20-2018, 12:08 PM   #4480
Shit

Quote:
Oh yea, I got that.
I figured you did. I was mainly just saying that to save cooper the trouble of googling it
Old 10-20-2018, 12:12 PM   #4481
MVP

Quote:
I'm sure I am spinning my wheels here but...."hydrostaticed"

Fluid flow = Fuel entering cylinder
Pressure= Intake valve closes and piston raises.
Energy Transfer = Liquid does not compress therefore "boom"

Old 10-20-2018, 12:14 PM   #4482
Shit

Sadly last I checked no one had figured out how to crack the 8speed trans controller so I haven't been able to do my truck yet. Was hoping they figured it out by the time it hit 60k. We may be starting over soon though.

Up to almost 20k to repair it at this point and they still wouldn't total it
Old 10-20-2018, 01:52 PM   #4483
Diablo Negro

Went for a long drive today. Weather is nice and the car is running very nicely.

Need to find someone to machine the slots my aluminum hood hinges so I can slide the hood back about another 3/8", its bottomed out on the back of the hinge. Gap is driving me nuts.Thats why the gap on the front of the hood bar looks off on the corner.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:55 PM   #4484
Supporter

Quote:
Sadly last I checked no one had figured out how to crack the 8speed trans controller so I haven't been able to do my truck yet. Was hoping they figured it out by the time it hit 60k. We may be starting over soon though.

Up to almost 20k to repair it at this point and they still wouldn't total it
I heard my guy talking about this the other day. somebody has it figured out and its like 5 grand to tune it~
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-20-2018, 02:07 PM   #4485
Mod Team

Quote:

Went for a long drive today. Weather is nice and the car is running very nicely.

Need to find someone to machine the slots my aluminum hood hinges so I can slide the hood back about another 3/8", its bottomed out on the back of the hinge. Gap is driving me nuts.Thats why the gap on the front of the hood bar looks off on the corner.
I absolutely love your car. Great picture too.

Enjoy the ride man.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.