Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2019, 10:36 PM   Topic Starter
SuperBowl or bust

LNBS: Let’s talk about giving Chris Jones a new deal.

First off, I love the kid and think he’s worth elite type money on a long term extension. This thread is to have an open discussion about the benefits and concerns on giving Jones a long term deal this offseason.

First off, here’s what I’m projecting his contract to look like...

4 years 80-85m with 50m fully guaranteed at signing.

I know some of you are going to scoff at that money, but before you do, peek at Donald’s deal and take into account Jones is a 24 years old all pro at a premium position in today’s game. He has legit DMVP type quality/upside to his game. Don’t come at me with any “home town discount” stuff. If we don’t give him top money, someone will.

FA when he’s almost 29. This year and next have low cap hits, then the contract effects the cap for 2-3 years when Jones should be fully developed into a complete monster by Daly.

Here’s some things to think about...

*He’s coming off an amazing year where the defense provided big time pressure from both edges. The guys that provided that pressure are now playing in SF and Indianapolis.

*He doesn’t attack the run the same way he attacks the pass. He gets his body turned, plays too high and doesn’t give consistent effort in run defense. I’m sure this will change drastically under the new staff and attrition.

*Will he give the same dedication to his craft when he has the distractions a mega deal generates?

*Teams are going to be able to focus on him every game when they don’t need to account for Dee Ford and Justin Houston off the edges. That means Jones will need to do A LOT more to get the same results, going forward. Unless KC gets another star pass rusher in a trade, or in the draft... Jones will be getting double and triple teams every single week.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.