Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 09:59 PM  
Pedantic

A Pre-Season Levelheaded Review Week 1 2024

Everyone needs more training on these new kickoff rules - good lord.

Joshua Williams got lost on that bomb on the first drive

Nic jones looked lost on that bomb TD at the end of the half.

The secondary looked out of it at times - but it's the pre-season

Carson Steele looked like the real deal out there trucking people. Could be the short yardage guy we have been needing - also may just be the #2 behind Pacheco if he can play like that all the time.

Oladokun looked really good. I really feel like he could spell Mahomes well in reserve. Wentz was decent as well behind our backup O-line which looked terrible at times.

No Toney (injured) and no Moore that I could see on the field which should be telling. Especially with Ross, Washington, Powell, Remigio, Cupp, Bailey and Spivey getting catches.

Araiza looked really good on punts.

I'll re-watch tomorrow and see what else I can see.

Oh I almost forgot - that snap over Wentz head that had to be Nourzad? yeesh lets work on that lol

Some interesting things to note is Moore had 14 snaps and Keith Taylor had 36 snaps at CB

share pictures online

Last edited by DenverChief; Today at 11:52 AM..
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 10:06 PM   #2
MVP

Kind of a rough showing overall which is a bit surprising. The Jags looked pretty amped.
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:07 PM   #3
Veteran

Pretty sure I saw Moore on the field but he didn’t make an impression so normal game for him
Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:13 PM   #4
Pedantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 View Post
Kind of a rough showing overall which is a bit surprising. The Jags looked pretty amped.
For the first pre-season game I'm not worried. A lot of these teams scrimmage against other teams in camp - the Chiefs don't so it really was the first good action for anyone. If some of the mistakes (besides kickoff) trickle into the next game I'll be a little more worried. I am highly disappointed in the roll out of the new kickoff stuff - what a cluster
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 10:13 PM   #5
Pedantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
Pretty sure I saw Moore on the field but he didn’t make an impression so normal game for him
I really don't think he makes the team - there is too much better talent - Remigio, Ross hell even Powell
Old Yesterday, 10:18 PM   #6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 View Post
Imagine playing your 1st ever NFL game, albeit preseason and you draw the back to back Superbowl champs. You are going to be a little extra pumped then you don’t come in until after Mahomes and Kelce and the rest of the starters are done. So your looking across at guys who don’t know shit just like you. That’s got to make you feel like King Kong.
Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old Yesterday, 10:20 PM   #7
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverChief View Post
I really don't think he makes the team - there is too much better talent - Remigio, Ross hell even Powell
Remigio didn’t do anything to distinguish himself either. In my opinion.
Old Yesterday, 10:25 PM   #8
Pedantic

Quote:
Remigio didn’t do anything to distinguish himself either. In my opinion.
Led the team with 3 receptions on 5 targets for 35 yards and an 11.7 YPC average. Cornell Powell was right behind him with 3/4 24 yards and 8.0 YPC

REMIGIO
2nd & 2 at JAX 37
(6:29 - 2nd) (Shotgun) C.Oladokun pass short middle to N.Remigio to JAX 32 for 5 yards

3rd & Goal at JAX 2
(2:34 - 2nd) (Shotgun) C.Oladokun pass short right to N.Remigio to JAX 1 for 1 yard

2nd & 15 at KC 23
(8:56 - 3rd) (Shotgun) C.Oladokun pass deep left to N.Remigio to JAX 48 for 29 yards

POWELL
1st & 10 at JAX 32
(5:53 - 2nd) (Shotgun) C.Oladokun pass short middle to C.Powell to JAX 23 for 9 yards

2nd & 7 at KC 48
(0:12 - 3rd) (Shotgun) I.Book pass short left to C.Powell to JAX 47 for 5 yards

3rd & 12 at JAX 37
(12:20 - 4th) (Shotgun) I.Book pass short left to C.Powell to JAX 25 for 12 yards

ROSS
2nd & 13 at KC 5
(10:36 - 3rd) (Shotgun) C.Oladokun pass deep left to J.Ross pushed ob at KC 28 for 23 yards (D.Prince).

Last edited by DenverChief; Yesterday at 10:33 PM..
Old Yesterday, 10:57 PM   #9
Veteran

[QUOTE=DenverChief;17625873]Led the team with 3 receptions on 5 targets for 35 yards and an 11.7 YPC average. Cornell Powell was right behind him with 3/4 24 yards and 8.0 YPC

Remigio had trouble hanging onto the ball all night, something a fringe guy can’t afford. As Trent Green pointed out on his fumble/not a fumble play there was no reason to jump to catch the ball. Just snatch it with your hands turn and run. He didn’t do much right tonight.
Old Yesterday, 11:09 PM   #10
Pedantic

Quote:

Remigio had trouble hanging onto the ball all night, something a fringe guy can’t afford. As Trent Green pointed out on his fumble/not a fumble play there was no reason to jump to catch the ball. Just snatch it with your hands turn and run. He didn’t do much right tonight.

For sure - but as I mentioned earlier it's the first pre-season game aka live action against an opponent. If the trends of bad snaps, missed assignments on the OL, ball control and getting lost in the secondary trickle into the next two games I'll be worried. The positives outweigh the negatives at this point....in my humble opinion.
Old Yesterday, 11:19 PM   #11
Veteran

Quote:
For sure - but as I mentioned earlier it's the first pre-season game aka live action against an opponent. If the trends of bad snaps, missed assignments on the OL, ball control and getting lost in the secondary trickle into the next two games I'll be worried. The positives outweigh the negatives at this point....in my humble opinion.
Oh I’m not worried about the team they look worse than this during the regular season at times and still win the Superbowl. I was hoping Remigio would seize the opportunity and I just didn’t see it this time that’s all.
Old Yesterday, 11:23 PM   #12
Starter

I thought out interesting how long the jags stayed with starters. And then their twos. They definitely played to win the game
Palangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:30 PM   #13
Pedantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palangi View Post
I thought out interesting how long the jags stayed with starters. And then their twos. They definitely played to win the game
yeah I thought that was strange....they must not have a lot of talent evaluation that is needed. unless they plan on not playing their starters at all in the 3rd game.
Old Yesterday, 11:40 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palangi View Post
Honestly I think they needed it a little more. To large degree are we worried about any of the Chiefs starters? We seen it in camp and we know we're ready.

JAX on the other hand isn't so sure. Brian Thomas Jr. needs reps with Trevor Lawrence and so on. In all honesty the Jags remind me a lot of the 2015 Chiefs. They're on the door step but there is that one team or two that always seems to have their number when it matters.

(Then again the Chiefs have everybody's number lol.)
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old Yesterday, 11:43 PM   #15
Starter

Quote:
Everyone needs more training on these new kickoff rules - good lord.

Joshua Williams got lost on that bomb on the first drive

Nic jones looked lost on that bomb TD at the end of the half.

The secondary looked out of it at times - but it's the pre-season

Carson Steele looked like the real deal out there trucking people. Could be the short yardage guy we have been needing - also may just be the #2 behind Pacheco if he can play like that all the time.

Oladokun looked really good. I really feel like he could spell Mahomes well in reserve. Wentz was decent as well behind our backup O-line which looked terrible at times.

No Toney (injured) and no Moore that I could see on the field which should be telling. Especially with Ross, Washington, Powell, Remigio, Cupp, Bailey and Spivey getting catches.

Araiza looked really good on punts.

I'll re-watch tomorrow and see what else I can see.

Oh I almost forgot - that snap over Wentz head that had to be Nourzad? yeesh lets work on that lol
It was caliendo that snapped the ball high
Palangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about