Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Today, 02:32 PM  
The Guy With The Goats

What 5 cars are in your *BUDGET* dream garage?

I've seen a lot of these prompts but they usually involve a ridiculous amount of money... so I thought it would be fun to talk about a way more budget friendly garage.

Each car must be, currently, listed for sale at no more than $10k. No project cars that need to be worked on... they need to be able to move at least 2 people around reliably and legally on city streets.

Mine are as follows...

---

The Daily Driver - 2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP w/91k miles - $7,250

I actually have this car and it is my daily driver. Well... not THIS one but the same car in the same color. This is just a better photo than what I have. Yes, it basically has no trunk but I can (and have) gotten 300lbs of goat feed in this thing. It is a blast to drive. It has been extremely reliable. It is fun to look at. I can take it to AutoX. Got mine well below $10k.

The Farm Truck - 1993 Honda Acty 4cyl / 4x4 - $10,000

So I mentioned goats. I would love the flexibility a vehicle like this would provide me while managing my herd of goats and the 10 acres I'm on. I'm also in the middle of nowhere and on a dirt road so having the ability to have an extremely light 4x4 vehicle pretty much ensures I am not getting stuck While not highway legal... it is city legal where I live. Listing found on FB Marketplace.

The Work Truck - 2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 with a 5.7l V8 / 4x4 / 170k miles - $9,500

The listing I found wouldn't let me screenshot it so I used a stock photo. Being on a homestead I, on occasion, need something with a lot of grunt to get things done be it pulling a loaded trailer or carrying heavy things for the farm. It could pull my tractor down the road with no worries at all. Bonus... this Toyota will probably still be running like new at 400k miles with just regular maintenance. Listing found on cars.com

The People Hauler/Loaner - 2013 Mazda 5 Touring at 61k miles - $9,500

There is absolutely nothing sexy about this pick. It is there to serve a purpose and nothing more. You damn well know that if you have a 5 car garage... someone is going to ask you to borrow one of those cars at some point. You need something you can lend out without really being overly concerned that they are going to try to go fast or drive aggressively. Also, none of the other vehicles listed so far are really capable of, comfortably, carrying more than 4 adults and even then they would be tightly squeezed in the back of the truck. So... we have a minivan. At least it is a Mazda so I expect reliability and it has low miles. Listing found on cars.com

The Saturday Night Special - 1938 Dodge Brothers Fast 4 Rat Rod Chopped / 350SBC / Unknown Miles - $10k

There is nothing else on the list that has this aesthetic. This car would be for the sole purpose of getting people to look at it. It should also be, relatively, easy to work on, if needed... it is a rat, as the engine is completely exposed and is extremely common. If I'm going out and want to make a spectacle... this is the car that I'm going in. Listing found on FB Marketplace.
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old Today, 04:40 PM   #2
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

I don't know how much traffic this thread will get since everyone can just buy those things if they want them.

I have what I want already....I'd just like some kind of beater pickup (mechanically sound, who cares about the rest) to take to home depot, move things, and haul a boat or kayak...but I need to build an outside garage before I add more vehicles.

I'd also LOVE to have a Mercedes Sprinter that is decked out like an RV. I could spend an entire summer in that fly fishing....going up the rockies from New Mexico up to Alberta and BC, then back down the Cascades and Sierra Nevadas...but that's WELL out of the price range of this conversation
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 04:56 PM   #3
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

I don't want multiple cars. I'd never know which one to drive. It would be the equivalent of a quarterback controversy.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:08 PM   #4
pie is never free

My humble dream garage would be...

1 - a 70s Corvette with those classically sexy coke bottle curves in electric blue... with a seriously beefed up 350 and killer shocks

2 - Ram 1500 crew cab with all the whistles, and a Hemi

3 - Ram 3500 with a Cummins, pull anything with it
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:29 PM   #5
Veteran

Ferrari, Lambo and Porsche....there has to be some beaters out there somewhere...
right?
poolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old Today, 05:33 PM   #6
Mod Team

Need $20k for budget cars today. $10k gets mostly dumpsters.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.