Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2023, 10:06 PM   #1381
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
2 weeks ago you thought Richie James was their #1 wr

We all kinda stopped paying attention to you
Jury is still out I suppose. My contention was not that James would necessarily be the best WR. Only that him or MVS would lead the team in yards the first half of the season while hoping Rice or Ross would become the guy in the 2nd half.

Are you content that Justin Watson has been this teams #1 WR? A guy that most of Chiefsplanet training camp gurus said should be cut.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2023, 10:07 PM   #1382
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
BOLD call there!

You do understand that outliers affect the averages, right? I'm not sure you get it.

If you have a receiver who is 8, 4, 10, 9, 3, 9, 75, guess what... that 75 isn't just ignored. Those are real yards gained. And they have an impact on what he's capable of explosively, how the Chiefs moved the ball on that drive, and how defenses will think of him going forward.

But very bold bet there. If he averages more yards/catch than any receiver in history, you win. Big leap on your part.

Thank you for finally getting it. I wasn't sure how stupid an example I was going to have to come up with before you got it.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 10:09 PM   #1383
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Thank you for finally getting it. I wasn't sure how stupid an example I was going to have to come up with before you got it.
Please make an illustration in ms paint for us.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2023, 10:13 PM   #1384
In Search of a Life

Quote:
How do you feel now versus how you felt last year after the Colts game?

And who thinks that replacing JJSS with a legit WR1 would be a bad thing for the offense!? But typically obtaining a WR1 would mean resources being limited elsewhere.
we’ve heard it all. I’m fine with the tyreek trade but several have lobbed him under the bus as if he was some target hog, as opposed to asking why we surrounded him with JAG WRs. We ran a very efficient offense with tyreek then bailed because drob/hardman kept killing drives with costly drops. Or that while it’s nice to have we don’t need WR1s because mahomes and kelce can carry it, and because we were #1 last year so there are diminishing returns. It was one of the last positions on their priority list. Many were content with skyy stepping in for juju being all we needed to do (thankfully, the chiefs disagreed and drafted rashee).

I don’t buy that at all. I think we have way more upside and I’ve been beating the drum that we’ve got to ask kelce to do less sooner vs later and that’s gonna hurt way more than we think.

I felt fine last year because I believed it was a rebuild. I am fine this year but only because we drafted rashee. I pushed for a bandaid Wr this offseason so it wouldn’t be nearly this chaotic. But whatever. I’m fine being patient with the group we have. I just really disagree with how much we’ve devalued the position.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 10:34 PM   #1385
You Sweetie!

pretty solid post man
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2023, 10:36 PM   #1386
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Your anti Andy Reid bias is showing
Every Head Coach has some warts, and I don't like criticizing the big guy either.

But especially at the WR position, he seems to prefer the safe, tried and true option and keeps the young talent safe and guarded. You pretty much have to be Year 1 Tyreek to break that trend.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 09-18-2023, 01:20 AM   #1387
Starter

If we get halfway through the season and needed help at WR badly what would be realistic options?
Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.
Old 09-18-2023, 02:32 AM   #1388
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
we’ve heard it all. I’m fine with the tyreek trade but several have lobbed him under the bus as if he was some target hog, as opposed to asking why we surrounded him with JAG WRs. We ran a very efficient offense with tyreek then bailed because drob/hardman kept killing drives with costly drops. Or that while it’s nice to have we don’t need WR1s because mahomes and kelce can carry it, and because we were #1 last year so there are diminishing returns. It was one of the last positions on their priority list. Many were content with skyy stepping in for juju being all we needed to do (thankfully, the chiefs disagreed and drafted rashee).
We surrounded Tyreek with JAG WRs? He was surrounded by Sammy Watkins at 16mm/yr. And we drafted Hardman in the 2nd. And there was Kelce. Having a WR2 making 16mm/yr in 2018 was hardly lacking in investment.

And our offense with Tyreek became a lot less efficient in 2021. The marginal value of having him on the team declined just as his cap value was going to skyrocket to the top of the league. I felt very unsure of the trade at the time and thought we'd regress in a major way last season, but the offense evolved and we didn't.

And I don't recall many if ANY being content with just simply Skyy replacing JuJu. Everyone here was pretty broadly in favor of at a minimum drafting a WR. I think you're manufacturing this idea in your head that people thought we were good at the position.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 02:46 AM   #1389
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishels View Post
If we get halfway through the season and needed help at WR badly what would be realistic options?
The FA class at WR looks good for 2024, maybe we could snag someone early with a late draft pick.
fadeaway is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.fadeaway is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.fadeaway is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.fadeaway is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.fadeaway is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 09-18-2023, 02:48 AM   #1390
Starter

Is there any news on Brittle Bones aka Mr Glass?
fadeaway is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.fadeaway is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.fadeaway is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.fadeaway is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.fadeaway is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 09-18-2023, 05:28 AM   #1391
MVP

Rice and Ross were going to be package players, according to Veach, with the packages growing from week to week. This has been how Andy works guys in, traditionally. The guys who are in year two were always going to get more snaps early. Week one looked pretty rough. Week two quite a bit better. I expect week 3 will probably be a little better yet.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 05:50 AM   #1392
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway View Post
Is there any news on Brittle Bones aka Mr Glass?
Apparently Reid said that he (Toney) hurt his foot but will be fine.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2023, 06:09 AM   #1393
In Search of a Life

Quote:
We surrounded Tyreek with JAG WRs? He was surrounded by Sammy Watkins at 16mm/yr. And we drafted Hardman in the 2nd. And there was Kelce. Having a WR2 making 16mm/yr in 2018 was hardly lacking in investment.

And our offense with Tyreek became a lot less efficient in 2021. The marginal value of having him on the team declined just as his cap value was going to skyrocket to the top of the league. I felt very unsure of the trade at the time and thought we'd regress in a major way last season, but the offense evolved and we didn't.

And I don't recall many if ANY being content with just simply Skyy replacing JuJu. Everyone here was pretty broadly in favor of at a minimum drafting a WR. I think you're manufacturing this idea in your head that people thought we were good at the position.
My point was that our best years were when we had tyreek and Sammy. We had a WR1 AND quality depth.

2 years ago we had WR1 but no quality depth. Even if we tried (debatable) we didn’t have it. Lacking depth was a much bigger reason for our cincy struggles than tyreek was.

Last year we adjusted. Originally we planned to play juju off of tyreek until tyreek last minute rejected us. It worked better than expected. And youre right that the minimum bar for to be a Super Bowl contender may be just to have our depth + juju level primary target. Even those who want more priority on WRs recognize that..

But we’ve gotten push back any time we suggest we can use resources to get better. And not just $ (which I get). It’s not that people mind using draft picks, it’s that people were content if we didn’t. better to pump a bunch into our defense. These discussions were on well before we drafted rashee. They’re not in my head bc I’ve been fighting it all offseason. You don’t see that considering we’re in a thread where anyone with even a slight criticism of our current WRs (even after early lackluster performance) is getting blasted for it?

Many of us believe the bar needs to still be raised. It’s not enough to just replace juju. Defenses have adjusted to our offense and we’re seeing offenses struggle across the league. And we can’t just have depth without kelce and we need to address that now, not at the last minute.having a juju may be just enough but many just see our offenses ceiling being much higher even knowing our great results last year
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 06:17 AM   #1394
MVP

Quote:
My point was that our best years were when we had tyreek and Sammy. We had a WR1 AND quality depth.

2 years ago we had WR1 but no quality depth. Even if we tried (debatable) we didn’t have it. Lacking depth was a much bigger reason for our cincy struggles than tyreek was.

Last year we adjusted. Originally we planned to play juju off of tyreek until tyreek last minute rejected us. It worked better than expected. And youre right that the minimum bar for to be a Super Bowl contender may be just to have our depth + juju level primary target. Even those who want more priority on WRs recognize that..

But we’ve gotten push back any time we suggest we can use resources to get better. And not just $ (which I get). It’s not that people mind using draft picks, it’s that people were content if we didn’t. better to pump a bunch into our defense. These discussions were on well before we drafted rashee. They’re not in my head bc I’ve been fighting it all offseason. You don’t see that considering we’re in a thread where anyone with even a slight criticism of our current WRs (even after early lackluster performance) is getting blasted for it?

Many of us believe the bar needs to still be raised. It’s not enough to just replace juju. Defenses have adjusted to our offense and we’re seeing offenses struggle across the league. And we can’t just have depth without kelce and we need to address that now, not at the last minute.
Nobody was content not investing in the WR room. Nobody is saying we only need to have jags. Nobody is saying that the first two weeks is good enough. Can we all agree there?

The division is that some people are in panic mode because things don't look like a well oiled machine immediately, while some of us expected that it would take a little while for the newbies to get on the same page as Mahomes.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2023, 06:29 AM   #1395
Why so serious?

Quote:
You don’t see that considering we’re in a thread where anyone with even a slight criticism of our current WRs (even after early lackluster performance) is getting blasted for it?

Many of us believe the bar needs to still be raised. It’s not enough to just replace juju. Defenses have adjusted to our offense and we’re seeing offenses struggle across the league. And we can’t just have depth without kelce and we need to address that now, not at the last minute.having a juju may be just enough but many just see our offenses ceiling being much higher even knowing our great results last year
Anyone with a slight criticism of our WRs is getting blasted? We all know our WRs have been anything but good this year. There's a stark difference between "we're hopeless with this group and they completely suck" which is the mantra of MANY here and "we won a SB largely with this group last year, they're having some growing pains, but I think there's a good chance our HOF coach and HOF QB will figure it out because they've done it before." Will that equate to a SB? Probably not, but we have as good a shot as anyone with the team we're fielding because it's not just about the WRs.

I wanted them to make more of an investment in receivers. They didn't do it. It worked for them last year and they're trying to again get by with an aging Kelce and hoping Mahomes can play at an MVP level and elevate a bunch of young guys. You may disagree with it, but surely you can at least see the merit in it?

It's not like Veach and Reid are sitting there completely unaware, but they've rebuilt units on the fly before and I'm sure they think they can do so again. Time will tell.