Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-13-2024, 10:31 AM   #11326
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I know people shit on these kinds of ideas because yeah… he’s not Justin Jefferson let alone tee Higgins… but it’s a way different discussion if he’s there to complement rashee rice. It’s a tremendous value that solves a very big problem which is having WR options who just know where to be and can catch the balls that come to them.

If you do that, go out and get a speed option in the draft.
And a TE.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 10:38 AM   #11327
Please squeeze

dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-13-2024, 10:40 AM   #11328
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Been saying this for a bit now.

I don't think it happens this year - but by next off-season, you'll see a fairly significant correction to WR salaries (apart from the very top end of the market).

Aiyuk getting shut down in the SB doesn't help things either. Brown not being a difference maker in last year's SB. The WR splurges just aren't paying dividends.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-13-2024, 10:44 AM   #11329
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

I don't think it happens this year - but by next off-season, you'll see a fairly significant correction to WR salaries (apart from the very top end of the market).

Aiyuk getting shut down in the SB doesn't help things either. Brown not being a difference maker in last year's SB. The WR splurges just aren't paying dividends.
Not sure I agree with him though. Mahomes\Reid are one of one and not sure any other QB\HC tandem in the league would have made the playoffs with these guys.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-13-2024, 10:44 AM   #11330
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I know people shit on these kinds of ideas because yeah… he’s not Justin Jefferson let alone tee Higgins… but it’s a way different discussion if he’s there to complement rashee rice. It’s a tremendous value that solves a very big problem which is having WR options who just know where to be and can catch the balls that come to them.

If you do that, go out and get a speed option in the draft.
But it's not value. You're gonna end up giving him....the MVS deal plus inflation.

Go draft a guy for that.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-13-2024, 10:44 AM   #11331
In Search of a Life

Quote:

That would be so great for us.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-13-2024, 10:46 AM   #11332
In Search of a Life

Quote:

Until one of them gets with an elite QB......it just won't matter.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-13-2024, 10:47 AM   #11333
Mahomes Fanboi

I wonder if Hardman will want to stay in KC on the cheap?

He was annoying for some games this season with his lack of effort, but for a cheap #3 I think it would be worthwhile considering his knowledge of the playbook.
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-13-2024, 10:48 AM   #11334
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
We almost didn't make the playoffs and had to go through a murderers row in the place offs almost solely because of this ragged WR group. I don't think this is any kind of blueprint to follow, especially if you don't have Patrick Mahomes.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 8 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 10:57 AM   #11335
It's just a ride.

we are the poster child for having an elite defense. mahomes is unique in that no team is ever getting the throughput we did with bottom of the barrel wrs.

the only thing teams can realistically replicate is souping up their defense enough to having a 'chance' to stop us. i think we are entering an era of football where the pendulum slowly shifts toward defense, at least as far as winning championships.
Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 02-13-2024, 11:04 AM   #11336
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
I don’t think he moneyballed the team when it comes to WRs. They only lost JJSS. It was reasonable to think MVS would at worst maintain the level of play from last year, Skyy would improve, and Toney would be the #1 WR that he has the talent to be. Plus he snagged Rice in round #2 vs a late round flyer. It didn’t work out according to plan and I do think he will attack it more aggressively this offseason.
Yeah I mean I disagreed with his approach which I want dwell on since I’ve said more than my piece. But agree on everything else… it’s a simple mistake , its one he’s allowed to make with all the brilliant things he’s done, and he will correct it.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 11:07 AM   #11337
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
But it's not value. You're gonna end up giving him....the MVS deal plus inflation.

Go draft a guy for that.
Tyler Boyd? He will be a WR2 at best in a WR market that will be way down. There isn’t inflation because the wr market is already inflated. Not saying it’s a home run but it gets you a steady veteran. Which allows you to draft a speed guy who can do the same things with a lot more consistency than Mvs

Not saying this is the option. But it is an option that helps tremendously without breaking the bank.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-13-2024, 12:31 PM   #11338
Starter

A lot of these names that are being thrown around that people will be happy with are guys that I think will be out of our price range (I'm thinking staying under 12M AAV).

Guys who will possibly (realistically) be in our price range:

(Keep in Mind, anyone at this price range will have concerns, but we aren't going to be able to go out and spend heavy on someone who has no question marks, all of these players will have some issues)

Gabe Davis, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Curtis Samuel, Tyler Boyd, Kendrick Bourne, Josh Reynolds, Noah Brown, K.J. Osborn (Some of these obviously being closer to probably 7M AAV than 12M)

I just don't think we're gonna land a Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman Jr, Marquise Brown, etc. guys (fingers crossed the market corrects back, but can't just assume such).

Drafting very well may be the solution, just considering our FA options.
kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.
Old 02-13-2024, 01:12 PM   #11339
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcgreene View Post
A lot of these names that are being thrown around that people will be happy with are guys that I think will be out of our price range (I'm thinking staying under 12M AAV).

Guys who will possibly (realistically) be in our price range:

(Keep in Mind, anyone at this price range will have concerns, but we aren't going to be able to go out and spend heavy on someone who has no question marks, all of these players will have some issues)

Gabe Davis, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Curtis Samuel, Tyler Boyd, Kendrick Bourne, Josh Reynolds, Noah Brown, K.J. Osborn (Some of these obviously being closer to probably 7M AAV than 12M)

I just don't think we're gonna land a Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman Jr, Marquise Brown, etc. guys (fingers crossed the market corrects back, but can't just assume such).

Drafting very well may be the solution, just considering our FA options.
I don’t think Marquise Brown belongs in that group with Pittman and Higgins. I see him being closer to $14-15 million a year which is hardly any more than MVS is making and i’m he is actually probably worth that much if healthy.
OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-13-2024, 01:17 PM   #11340
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
I don’t think Marquise Brown belongs in that group with Pittman and Higgins. I see him being closer to $14-15 million a year which is hardly any more than MVS is making and i’m he is actually probably worth that much if healthy.
Everyone I listed I see as a 12M or less pricetag, hence why I put Brown in the other group, although I wouldn't disagree that ~15M is his range. (While Higgins and Pittman are 20M+)

I could maybe see us spending that much on him, but I'm more inclined that some new GM will try to make a splash and overpay. I hope I'm wrong though!
kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.
Old 02-13-2024, 04:01 PM
RunKC
This message has been deleted by RunKC. Reason: Wrong thread