Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2024, 08:37 AM   #10981
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post

Credit to MVS catching the ball. It was an awkward catch. Watching the replay I noticed he had his hands with his palms facing his body. I would think the proper hand placement for catching the downward arcing pass would have been turning the hands to where the palms were facing the ball.
Icon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Icon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Icon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Icon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Icon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Icon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Icon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Icon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Icon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Icon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Icon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 01-29-2024, 08:39 AM   #10982
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
We got better when Rice developed, but also when we stopped wasting snaps on Toney and Skyy Moore.

Think about how good this team would be if we'd added an affordable veteran WR like Adam Thielen, who caught 100 balls for 1,000 yards on an awful Panthers team this year.
Yeah, maybe we would’ve made the SB if we had signed Thielen. Or maybe it means that we don’t sign Omenihu and we would’ve been eliminated in the Divisional Round.

I can’t ****ing believe we’re still talking about Adam Thielen.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 7 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 08:44 AM   #10983
Veteran

Quote:
Veach stays dunking on the clowns who thought he should pay a wide receiver instead of investing in the defense or OL.

In about three weeks he's gonna say "We couldn't pay DeAndre Hopkins this year, so instead we settled for becoming a dynasty."
C'mon, I liked the FAU pick but you think with hindsight Veach is not picking a LaPorta there.

Rice was a great pick, Mahomes is a God, and Reid is a genius. Veach gets credit for Rice, and Mahomes and Reid get credit for managing the flotsam and jetsam we have cobbled together at WR outside of that.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 01-29-2024, 08:45 AM   #10984
Please squeeze

Skyy and Toney should be healthy come SB time do you activate either of them?
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2024, 08:47 AM   #10985
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon View Post
Credit to MVS catching the ball. It was an awkward catch. Watching the replay I noticed he had his hands with his palms facing his body. I would think the proper hand placement for catching the downward arcing pass would have been turning the hands to where the palms were facing the ball.
100 percent, his hand placement is for that of a basket catch or off of his chest. My highest level of catching is as a HS tight end, and in that situation, you reverse your hands and catch it with your hands.

Oh well, he caught it but I seriously question what MVS and Toney were taught growing up.
kcfan75 is not part of the Right 53.kcfan75 is not part of the Right 53.kcfan75 is not part of the Right 53.kcfan75 is not part of the Right 53.kcfan75 is not part of the Right 53.kcfan75 is not part of the Right 53.kcfan75 is not part of the Right 53.kcfan75 is not part of the Right 53.kcfan75 is not part of the Right 53.kcfan75 is not part of the Right 53.kcfan75 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 01-29-2024, 08:50 AM   #10986
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
Yeah, maybe we would’ve made the SB if we had signed Thielen. Or maybe it means that we don’t sign Omenihu and we would’ve been eliminated in the Divisional Round.

I can’t ****ing believe we’re still talking about Adam Thielen.
Yeah, why would anybody talk about how a football team could be improved? Weird.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 08:52 AM   #10987
In Search of a Life

After the whole Toney thing yesterday, he's done as a Chief I'd imagine.

Maybe activate Skyy I dunno.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2024, 08:53 AM   #10988
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
I would hope not. The options should remain:

1. Kelce
2. Rice
3. Pacheco
4/5. MVS/Watson

The 2nd half was frustrating because it was clear that Baltimore effectively stopped the run, the screens, and to a slightly lesser extent, Kelce. The first drive of the second half, Mahomes found Watson and MVS, then the play calling pretty much ignored them until the big throw at the end. It appeared that Reid decided to run against a brick wall rather than trust the other guys. I guess a season of Lucy pulling the ball away messed with them a bit.
Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-29-2024, 09:02 AM   #10989
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
After the whole Toney thing yesterday, he's done as a Chief I'd imagine.

Maybe activate Skyy I dunno.
Agreed Toney is done.

I would probably activate Skyy just because he is our best run blocking WR but it depends on who you would have to sit down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 View Post
I would hope not. The options should remain:

1. Kelce
2. Rice
3. Pacheco
4/5. MVS/Watson

The 2nd half was frustrating because it was clear that Baltimore effectively stopped the run, the screens, and to a slightly lesser extent, Kelce. The first drive of the second half, Mahomes found Watson and MVS, then the play calling pretty much ignored them until the big throw at the end. It appeared that Reid decided to run against a brick wall rather than trust the other guys. I guess a season of Lucy pulling the ball away messed with them a bit.
Yep but I give the Ravens D alot of credit as they just stopped us and played great.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2024, 09:06 AM   #10990
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
I don’t think you can. The offense’s fortunes improved basically as soon as those two sat out.

Rely on Rice, Watson, MVS, Kelce and Gray as we have been. Mix in James when you can. If you want to get Ross some work around the goal line, do so. Try to limit Hardman’s time on the field.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2024, 09:09 AM   #10991
In Search of a Life

Once they got into the 3rd quarter, the offense went into full on "they can't beat us unless we beat ourselves" mode.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2024, 09:28 AM   #10992
Veteran

Quote:

That's post season MVS for you.

This is regular season MVS:

Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 09:36 AM   #10993
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble View Post
Our WRs who aren't called Rice still suck. How was this game vindication for some of you whoppers? Rice stays, Watson can stay as a WR4 and the rest will hopefully be ****ed off after our Super Bowl parade.
I agree with you, for the most part. But I'm not 100% ready to give up on Toney or Skyye.

Toney needs to get his head right, for sure. If he can do that then I believe he could be a good WR. I know, that's a big if. Of course, if he's trashing the Chiefs on social media then he needs to GTFO.

As for Moore, I think he can be a contributor but I don't see him ever being more than 4, 5, or 6 WR on the depth chart. And I would guess that unless he makes a drastic leap in his progression as an NFL WR, he will be gone after his rookie contract. But he will be here next year and probably the year after, as well.

MVS has made some plays in this postseason and for that, I am grateful. But it's about damn time. The guy is getting paid $11M and hasn't really had anywhere near the kind of production that you should expect from a guy making that kind of dough. I hope he is gone after this season.

Watson, for as limited as he is athletically, he certainly brings it every game. That's worth keeping him around, IMO.

All that said, I do hope the Chiefs bring in a vet WR and/or draft another WR in the first couple of rounds.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2024, 09:37 AM   #10994
Mahomes > God

I appreciate MVS taking the mantle from Clark of disappearing in the regular season and then morphing into a HoF player in the playoffs....
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 01-29-2024, 09:41 AM   #10995
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
C'mon, I liked the FAU pick but you think with hindsight Veach is not picking a LaPorta there.

Rice was a great pick, Mahomes is a God, and Reid is a genius. Veach gets credit for Rice, and Mahomes and Reid get credit for managing the flotsam and jetsam we have cobbled together at WR outside of that.
Yea because Veach didn't also build this great ****ing defense. I don't understand how you guys just shrug that off like it's nothing.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote