Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-28-2022, 08:24 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Trent McDuffie Thread*****

More to come!

Last edited by Dante84; 04-28-2022 at 09:08 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2022, 09:08 PM   #91
Starter

Dude needs a nickname.
BuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 04-28-2022, 09:09 PM   #92
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 View Post
Well, about half of CP hates this pick. He will be an all pro in year 2.
Anybody that “hates” this pick is a moron.

It was a surprise. It was unexpected.

But it was great value at a position of need.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 09:09 PM
Simply Red
This message has been deleted by Simply Red.
Old 04-28-2022, 09:10 PM   #93
I'll be back.

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 09:11 PM   #94
Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
That’s actually a great comparison.
I thought his game and skillset was more or less in that neighborhood, and Harris Jr. was very good for Denver.
Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2022, 09:11 PM   #95
Why so serious?

Quote:

Yeah, my first reaction was kinda "wtf." But I'll fully admit to having convinced myself first round pure corner wasn't a possibility that it was just a shock.

It makes a ton of sense and the guy rates very high.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 09:11 PM   #96
Threepeat!

Overview

Next Gen Stats: 87

Three-year starter whose average size is overshadowed by skillful ruggedness, allowing him to contest throws from a variety of coverages. He's an elite competitor with a route-hugging mentality fueled by body control, foot agility, aggression and burst. He's a pesky press-man defender with the tools to excel in zone. He's willing to fly downhill and hit anybody near the football. He keeps his eyes on the prize and has an itchy, twitchy trigger to close throwing windows and make plays on the ball. He lacks lockdown traits but has lockdown talent and his competitive energy is contagious. He can play outside or from the slot and carries a very high floor with the potential to become one of the league's top corners at some point during his first contract.

Strengths
  • Fearless, aggressive competitor.
  • Tools to live in tight press man from start to finish.
  • Patience and well-balanced to mirror and match a clever release.
  • Swivels and stays connected to cross-face routes.
  • Recognition of route combinations in Cover 3.
  • Allowed 16 catches on 296 total passing snaps in 2021, per PFF.
  • Body control and foot quickness allow for elite phase potential.
  • Has the juice to bait throws and pounce on them.
  • Natural feel for angles to the football.
  • Twitched up with explosive burst to close.
  • Precocious attacking the catch space.
  • Tenacious in run support.
  • Wipes out run after catch with decisive blows.
  • Consistent coming to balance as open-field tackler.

Weaknesses
  • Below-average size and length for CB1.
  • Could struggle to defend throws from trail.
  • Has potential to improve anticipation.
  • Waits for release to begin before squeezing tight.
  • Could have issues banging on big wideouts.
  • Saw limited NFL-level challenges over last two seasons.

Sources Tell Us

"Of all the defensive backs that (former Washington) coach (Chris) Petersen recruited, he might be the best. The talent, athleticism and makeup are all really clean." -- Scouting director for NFC team

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/trent-mcduffie/32004d43-4482-4296-793c-79be74c0e9fd
T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2022, 09:12 PM   #97
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
Post somewhere else than pussy - we're allowed to NOT like a pick.
I respect your opinion to not like the pick. I live in Washington and have watched a ton of UW games and I think this kid will be great.
kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 11 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 09:12 PM   #98
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
well that makes me feel better - I definitely am curious how they go forward on 30s pick. I'm thinking it'll NOT be a WR at this pt.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 09:12 PM   #99
YOU take YOUR seat

NOBODY had us getting McDuffie because most mocks he was off the board before 15. He's gonna run an island for us out there.
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2022, 09:13 PM   #100
You Sweetie!

I just think height at DB is super important. Just my belief. But I still belief.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2022, 09:14 PM   #101
DeadPunisher

Quote:

I like the pick, but I wish he was a tick faster and a tick taller, but that's nitpicking. Hopefully, Jermaine Johnson doesn't end up being a dominant edge rusher like TJ Watt, etc.

Who do you want at 30? I am hoping for Christian Watson.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 04-28-2022, 09:14 PM   #102
Starter

I just think of the Chiefs as a QB/ WR/ TE team.

Plug in guys at CB.

We just gave up a third and fourth for this CB- and the first round swap

If it’s a WR I am inherently happier with it.

McDuffie better be worth it.

I’m trusting you, Veach.
BuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 04-28-2022, 09:15 PM   #103
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
Yeah, my first reaction was kinda "wtf." But I'll fully admit to having convinced myself first round pure corner wasn't a possibility that it was just a shock.

It makes a ton of sense and the guy rates very high.
I didn’t think they value corner, and I didn’t think they wanted a zone guy that didn’t fit their size thresholds.

But McDuffie was a top 15 player on my board. That’s a great pick.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2022, 09:16 PM   #104
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-post Tom View Post
Overview
Spoiler!

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/trent-mcduffie/32004d43-4482-4296-793c-79be74c0e9fd
You can tell Zierlein had to work to find negatives. That's an extremely positive sign.
SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.
Old 04-28-2022, 09:16 PM   #105
I'll be back.

There is nothing wrong with this pick. If a corner is an inch and a half too short you do your homework and make sure he makes up for it in a multitude of other ways.

Veach did the homework. This guy is going to bring that Honey Badger slot presence we just lost, plus the ability to play outside against guys who aren't trees. And he can tackle.

Great pick.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.