Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-17-2024, 12:49 PM  
Veteran

I have cut the cord, How to watch the games.

I have cut the cord because only watch TV for the Chiefs. A long time ago my locals worked in the city. +25 years ago based upon litigation my locals are now Topeka, which is considered not to be KC market. I could though, through CBS NBC ABC, get the games unless they were on prime, peacock, NFL network. But again the only reason I sign up for cable was to watch the games.

Years ago I queried the CP about streaming. Most the comments were negative.

If the games are shown on prime/peacock/NFL network, in theory about 6 to 8 games you will need those services. In the future how many more alternate platforms will NFL choose.

Therefore I ask the CP how best to watch games? Without cable/DirecTV/dish network.

One answer I understand as possible, YouTube TV. I've not very much experience with that. Additionally I believe it costs around 80 or $90 a month. But again, I would only use it to watch the Chiefs.

A friend of mine offered an alternative called VONWIK. From what I understand, they allow 23,000 channels, possibly a Canadian company?, That would allow me to watch the games. This cost $15 a month. Again with 23,000 channels. Also you can't PAUSE/RECORD the game. Dunno. My friend is going to test it again this weekend.

He stated Sunday ticket will show all the games, but he found Chiefs games were blacked out. Don't know.

With the advent of newer and newer technology every year, is there some way to watch the games at a reasonable price. I don't watch TV except for the games.

What say you CP members as ideas?
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 10:59 AM   #91
Starter

closest sports bar when all else fails
crashcourse is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.crashcourse is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.crashcourse is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.crashcourse is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.crashcourse is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.crashcourse is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.crashcourse is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.crashcourse is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:21 AM   #92
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
It's only $479 unless you want YTTV as well. Still a ton of money, of course.
Considering how often the Chiefs will play primetime or in a nationally televised game, you're essentially paying $500 for 3-4 chiefs games a season.

Unless you need to watch games from other teams, it's hard to rationalize that.

NFLBite.com for me.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:24 AM   #93
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxSocks View Post
Considering how often the Chiefs will play primetime or in a nationally televised game, you're essentially paying $500 for 3-4 chiefs games a season.

Unless you need to watch games from other teams, it's hard to rationalize that.

NFLBite.com for me.
Do you find it reliable and of decent quality?
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old Today, 11:26 AM   #94
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
I think this option hasn't got enough attention. That would get you the 7 (or 8, depending on where the week 18 game airs) CBS games for $6 a month.

Also our 4 NBC games are grouped in September and December, so you can get Peacock for just those two months ($8 per). And the Amazon Prime game streams free on Twitch. So that would get you probably 13 games, plus CBS playoff games, for $46.

Edit: I guess while I'm at it I should count the Christmas Netflix game for $7, and the likely NBC/Peacock playoff game for $8, for a total of $61. At the point you'd just be missing the Monday Night games and the SF game that's on Fox. And the Super Bowl, which is also on Fox.
This is the best answer right here. Paramount plus will get you all of the CBS games and if the chiefs are not local, then you can use a VPN (small monthly charge depending on VPN service you use) to set it to a KC server to get the Chiefs or use a fake GPS app on a mobile device.

For the rest of the games, just sign up for a streaming service you need for just the month or months you need it or see if there is a free trial period you can use to get the game. For the netflix game, just sign up for netflix for that one month. For the espn/fox games, just sign up for a streaming cable service like sling tv for a month or free trial period. For prime, same thing. For me, this comes out to less money than paying for Youtubetv and sunday ticket. Just make sure to cancel the streaming services if you don't want to pay for them after you are done watching the chiefs.
Lilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old Today, 01:19 PM   #95
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrobProng View Post
Do you find it reliable and of decent quality?
Oh yeah.

Been using it for years. You may have to bounce around and try a few of the different links they provide, but they're high fidelity streams.

You may be about 1-3 minutes behind the live telecast, but seriously....it's free....can't have everything.

I stream it off my desktop (hard wired internet connection) and just connect an HDMI to the TV. It looks just like 1080P quality for the most part and most of the time there aren't any buffering issues, but you're not immune to it.

I will say it's incredibly important that you have a good adblocker though. I use Google Ad Block and it works well.

If you don't have an ad blocker extension running, you're going to have a much worse experience.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.