Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 05:00 PM   #2
In Search of a Life

A few things.

I've seen that you considered waiting to max payout SS range but reconsidered. Keep with that. My financial advisors have advised me to not make that move.

Some posters are just natural ****s. They always eventually simmer to the top.

If you try to get back into tech and need someone to look over your resume, you can always PM it to me. Now that I've done it long enough, I'd feel comfortable picking it apart and telling you why you're not getting call backs. Ageism is very real in IT but it shouldn't keep you from getting any interviews.

And good luck with the job interview.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM   #3
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
A few things.

Ageism is very real in all job categories....
Only changed one thing on your post....otherwise everything else is dead on!
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:54 PM   #4
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
Only changed one thing on your post....otherwise everything else is dead on!
This is true.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:20 PM   #5
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
A few things.

I've seen that you considered waiting to max payout SS range but reconsidered. Keep with that. My financial advisors have advised me to not make that move.

Some posters are just natural ****s. They always eventually simmer to the top.

If you try to get back into tech and need someone to look over your resume, you can always PM it to me. Now that I've done it long enough, I'd feel comfortable picking it apart and telling you why you're not getting call backs. Ageism is very real in IT but it shouldn't keep you from getting any interviews.

And good luck with the job interview.
Great advice but I’d disagree about taking SS early vs later. It’s very very person to person. Lots of factors like do you have retirement accounts? Will you be looking at large Required minimum distributions(RMDs) later in life, 73 atm.

If a persons everyday living expenses are satisfied by what SS pays even at 62 that could be a great reason to start taking distributions.

What about your spouses SS? What happens if one of you passes?

Just saying that starting SS at age 62 vs full age isn’t the same for every person and every situation.
Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.
Old Today, 04:38 AM   #6
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balto View Post
Great advice but I’d disagree about taking SS early vs later. It’s very very person to person. Lots of factors like do you have retirement accounts? Will you be looking at large Required minimum distributions(RMDs) later in life, 73 atm.

If a persons everyday living expenses are satisfied by what SS pays even at 62 that could be a great reason to start taking distributions.

Just saying that starting SS at age 62 vs full age isn’t the same for every person and every situation.
I would agree...it should be based on each person's situation. But in situations where it could be the difference between making ends meet and sinking it is an option.

There are age points where taking SS earlier than age 70 makes sense.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 12:40 PM   #7
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balto View Post

You're welcome to disagree but I can already see you're overthinking it.

You can draw early at 62 and keep working and if things go well again, all that extra earned income will reshape your future draw numbers. If it doesn't work out, at least it's some income to ideally not be living on the streets.

I think you need to last into your 80's for where waiting to 70 vs 67 would become the advantage and well google says the avg male life expectancy in the US is about 75.

That's before even starting to weigh you're working for an additional 3 years of time burnt that you can never ever buy back.

The rest of whatever hypothetical you threw out that clearly doesn't apply to the OP here so moving on.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
The post by scho63 is hidden due to low votes. Click expand to view it.
Old Yesterday, 07:17 AM   #9
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
I'm rereading this thread for about the 5th time and two things are not clear to me:

1. How are you in such dire straits at this point in your life after only being laid off for a short period after 9 1/2 years?

You got two months severance that carried things until Jan 1 2024 and you have been off for 7-8 months. You or your wife had NO income for 8 months? No unemployment? No jobs of any kind? No savings?

Now you could be homeless?

2. Sounds like you have been very irresponsible with your money or there is something missing from this story.

It sucks to be backed into a corner and hopefully you can overcome this but there appears to be something you're not adding as to the overall cause.

Wishing you get a job that can put you back on better footing.
I don't think this is the type of "advice" he is looking for.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 7 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:11 AM   #10
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
I don't think this is the type of "advice" he is looking for.
Yeah, because when your 62 and you can't land a good job and pay your bills and telling everyone you are on the verge of homelessness, CP is the first place everyone should turn to.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 3     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:25 AM   #11
Supporter

Quote:
Yeah, because when your 62 and you can't land a good job and pay your bills and telling everyone you are on the verge of homelessness, CP is the first place everyone should turn to.
I like you but you're in the wrong here. No need to kick a fellow Planeteer while they're down and that's certainly what this feels like to him and appears to be to us. You're a good dude and this is a good time to just be kind.
IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:25 AM   #12
Stroking to the SB Champs!

Quote:
It's called reaching out to your community when you need to talk. It's called being a friend to your community members and helping out however you can.
My God man, what is so difficult for you to comprehend here?
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 11 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:40 AM   #13
Supporter

Quote:
This isn't the first place he turned. He's been out of a job for awhile.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 08:48 AM   #14
For The Glory Of The City

Quote:
You of all people pretending to be on a pedestal. Simply amazing.
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:51 AM   #15
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Zach| View Post
You of all people pretending to be on a pedestal. Simply amazing.
He can't read this post.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote