Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-10-2021, 05:45 PM  
Kind of a mod

NFL considering 18 games and 36 teams

DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-11-2021, 09:08 AM   #91
El Diablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spott View Post
I doubt the NFL wants to mimic the least popular sport in the United States in an effort to grow the sport.
Not True, its more popular than Ice Hockey and on par with Baseball per recent surveys.

American Football 37%
Basketball 11%
Baseball 9%
Soccer 7%
Ice Hockey 4%
carlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 11-11-2021, 09:09 AM   #92
El Diablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother View Post
That sounds ****ing horrible. This isn't soccer.
I dont think its horrible, its just not built this way, and the USA has a certain way of doing things.

That being said, the NFL is not broke, so why fix it?
carlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 11-11-2021, 09:54 AM   #93
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos3652 View Post
Not True, its more popular than Ice Hockey and on par with Baseball per recent surveys.

American Football 37%
Basketball 11%
Baseball 9%
Soccer 7%
Ice Hockey 4%
What metric is that? "More popular" can mean a million things.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-11-2021, 11:18 AM   #94
El Diablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Thats the metric he used. I googled and the first thing that popped up is what I used. Maybe that was wrong on my part but his "least popular sport in the US" was very vague so I did vague research lol
Old 11-11-2021, 11:21 AM   #95
El Diablo

I hope people knew I was being ridiculous - I did it from mobile and my smilie appeared as 2 question marks .. Im impressed people knew that it was soccer related to begin with.

Why anyone would change the structure of the best sport in the US.. the most entertaining, and the one that doesnt dilute the playoffs with trash teams... is beyond my comprehension.

I get the money aspect, but at some point, greediness will dilute the product and ruin what people love about the sport.
Old 11-11-2021, 11:40 AM   #96
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
If the owners want it, they're going to have to give some concessions to the NFLPA and the fans. First, expand the rosters to 55 or 57 players. Keep the cap to the top 51 or raise the cap $1.5M per player. Second, give an extra bye week. Nobody wants to see Chad Henne QB the Chiefs (possible exception, Chad's family).

As to the cities, keep them all in the US. St. Louis would be about the only city no one would bitch about. Jones would have a fit if a team was allocated to San Antonio. Buffalo and probably 3 of the 4 teams in the NFC North would have problems with Canadian cities. Seattle would probably do a Jerruh about Portland. You'd have the same problems with Honolulu as you would with London (time zones and travel). You'd have to have a dome in Anchorage. There just aren't enough cities that realistically could support a NFL team.
San Diego, North Bay Area/Sacramento, St. Louis, and Norfolk/Hampton Roads are all viable.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-11-2021, 11:46 AM   #97
I'll be back.

I'm fine with it, but you better not let anyone breathe on the QB if the ball isn't in his hand, and going low on any player results in an ejection.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-11-2021, 03:28 PM   #98
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief View Post
San Diego, North Bay Area/Sacramento, St. Louis, and Norfolk/Hampton Roads are all viable.
They just moved a team out of SD because the taxpayers wouldn't pay for a new stadium. Sacramento is 2 1/2 hours from Santa Clara, so I don't see that as a viable oprion. Norfolk is too close to Washington for Dan Synder's comfort. St. Louis is the only possible city.
oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.
Old 11-11-2021, 03:30 PM   #99
Plays to win the game!

Yeah because we need more Bengals, Browns, Chargers, Jaguars and Panthers.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-11-2021, 03:34 PM   #100
Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I googled most popular professional sport in the US. As far as viewership, soccer was below the 4 major professional team sports. One site combined viewership with the amount of people that played the sport, which put soccer above hockey. I’m guessing that there’s not a lot of Americans south of Michigan, Wisconsin, etc. that have ever played hockey.
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-11-2021, 04:02 PM   #101
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 View Post
May as well go the NHL route and have teams in Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, and Winnipeg. All in due time of course. Let's not get too greedy just yet.

I bet the NFL has some sorta agreement with the CFL to not do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-11-2021, 04:04 PM   #102
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
They just moved a team out of SD because the taxpayers wouldn't pay for a new stadium. Sacramento is 2 1/2 hours from Santa Clara, so I don't see that as a viable oprion. Norfolk is too close to Washington for Dan Synder's comfort. St. Louis is the only possible city.
Because Spanos torpedoed any goodwill in San Diego. It might be 2 and a half hours by car with no traffic but reality is far different. Norfolk is more than 4 and a half hours away from DC and farther from Landover. I know, I drove back and forth from those areas many times.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-11-2021, 04:21 PM   #103
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spott View Post
I googled most popular professional sport in the US. As far as viewership, soccer was below the 4 major professional team sports. One site combined viewership with the amount of people that played the sport, which put soccer above hockey. I’m guessing that there’s not a lot of Americans south of Michigan, Wisconsin, etc. that have ever played hockey.
Yeah, it's really tough to come up with a ranking that covers all of the different angles. Just spitballing, you could rank a sport's popularity in terms of:
  • Percent who are currently active participants
  • Percent who have ever actively participated
  • Attendance at games (K-12, college, or pro - all different)
  • TV viewership
  • Ticket revenue
  • TV revenue
  • Opinion based - forced ranking (e.g., which is your favorite?)
  • Opinion based - all that apply (e.g., which do you like?)

I'm sure there are plenty more. It just doesn't make a ton of sense to throw out percentages in a vacuum when we don't know what they mean.
Old Yesterday, 05:21 PM   #104
Andy Reid Supporter

Puka : IR
CMC : IR
Pacheco : Fractured Leg
Tagovailoa : Concussion
Jefferson : Knee
Kupp : Ankle
Jordan Love : Knee
Addison : Ankle
David Njoku : Ankle
Walker : Week-Week
Mostert : Chest
Higgins : Hamstring
Ferguson : Knee
Keenan : Heel
Engram : Hamstring
Deebo: Calf
McGlinchey: MCL

Good ****ing luck running 18 games. This is after 2 freaking weeks
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM   #105
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

I don't need more games at all and prefer not to lengthen the season. But if they want to do so, I'd be intrigued by a new rule that teams play an 18-game season and players are only allowed to play 15 or 16 games. It would add a new level of strategy about who gets rested and when. It would probably add competition because the strong teams would likely rest their stars against the weakest teams.

The strategy would be really cool. You probably wouldn't want to rest players too early in the season, because ideally you'll hold their individual byes for if they get injured. But if you wait too late, you might end up having to rest players in critical games with playoff implications. And how many starters can you rest against a team like the Panthers or Patriots before you're taking an unacceptable risk of a loss?
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote