Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2023, 01:56 PM   #10456
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
The fact that our first round pick is buried on the depth chart isn't ideal, whether the guys in front of him are good, bad, ugly whatever.
Being buried on the depth chart doesn't mean anything. If he can play, then he can play. Dee Ford was buried on the depth chart and then ended up giving us 2 years of double-digit plus sack seasons. Unfortunately he was also a broke dick where FAU doesn't appear to be.

the value for FAU will show itself next year when he needs to be the 3rd best rusher.

The Chiefs failed the WR corps by not adding a veteran, which is what's FA is for. The draft is about building your future.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2023, 01:57 PM   #10457
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
If you gave Veach truth-serum, he’d admit the moves I posted would have been the ideal strategy this past offseason.

Meanwhile in your typical Reerunned fashion, you are trying to force the narrative that somehow FAU was a good pick when the Chiefs had other more pressing needs.

A DE whose ceiling is Eric Hicks… MAYBE two years from now… is a bad pick.

Just like you had Cornell Powell and Skyy Less in the HOF immediately after the Chiefs drafted them.

Shit like this is exactly why nobody that knows football or the draft takes anything you say seriously.

The fact that you think you can declare FAU a "bad pick" before his rookie season is over, and playing a position like DE, is monumentally ****ing reeruned.

And I didn't wait for after the draft to like those guys. I liked both of those guys before the draft. I literally argued with DJ over Skyy in the draft forum before the draft. You're just projecting your Captain Hindsight BS on me in a desperate attempt of "No you!".
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 02:04 PM   #10458
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Being buried on the depth chart doesn't mean anything. If he can play, then he can play. Dee Ford was buried on the depth chart and then ended up giving us 2 years of double-digit plus sack seasons. Unfortunately he was also a broke dick where FAU doesn't appear to be.

the value for FAU will show itself next year when he needs to be the 3rd best rusher.

The Chiefs failed the WR corps by not adding a veteran, which is what's FA is for. The draft is about building your future.
By next year, if he's our 3rd best rusher, we may be steering into some bad area. He needs to be good. Point blank, probably needs to be really good for the DL not to really bottom out next year.

They need him to be a legit double digit sack guy for that pick to really hit. He's young and was really good collegiately so there's definitely hope there.

Dee Ford flashed his rookie year atleast a little bit IIRC and he was behind Tamba and Houston.

They rotate DE's so much, even being behind the guys he is, if he were ready, there'd be snaps available. He's a DE and it's a spot that's very valuable so it was a good pick theoretically even if it doesn't work out.

Atleast it wasn't a RB.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 02:19 PM   #10459
Andy Reid Supporter

I think FAU can be a double-digit sack artist but it probably won't happen next year. That would be a big jump but not impossible.

Karlaftis is a double-digit sack artist and Omenihu is on pace for 9 this year. I would be really happy if next year had Karlaftis at 10-12, Omenihu at 9 and FAU at 6-7.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2023, 02:30 PM   #10460
In Search of a Life

That's pretty high for Karlaftis. I don't think he's a double digit sack a year guy, but would love that to be the case.

They get alot of 1 v 1 rushes this year they won't get next year, so we'll see.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2023, 02:34 PM   #10461
Veteran

Quote:
By next year, if he's our 3rd best rusher, we may be steering into some bad area. He needs to be good. Point blank, probably needs to be really good for the DL not to really bottom out next year.

They need him to be a legit double digit sack guy for that pick to really hit. He's young and was really good collegiately so there's definitely hope there.

Dee Ford flashed his rookie year atleast a little bit IIRC and he was behind Tamba and Houston.

They rotate DE's so much, even being behind the guys he is, if he were ready, there'd be snaps available. He's a DE and it's a spot that's very valuable so it was a good pick theoretically even if it doesn't work out.

Atleast it wasn't a RB.
I doubt FAU is going to be very good next year. Year 3, maybe, let's see. But i honestly don't know if it matters. The DL right now isn't good because we have a bunch of young guys, Omenihu who can't tackle or play the run and a bunch of JAGs surrounding Jones. Good chance the DL is a$$ next year again, and it won't matter because we'll blitz and manufacture pressure exactly the same as we have the last few years. Plus we'll hopefully have a firing offense and solid secondary.

Best case Karlaftis and FAU develop quickly, Omenihu learns to tackle and we get some cheap run stuffers and break even. Worst case none of that happens and the DL is pants but it's cheap, and again, it won't matter.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 12-21-2023, 02:35 PM   #10462
In Search of a Life

This is also why those end of the first round draft picks are so tough. You're taking 2nd round prospects and they get labeled "he's a first rounder he should be better". I fall into that trap myself sometimes.

It's also why trading said pick for an elite player isn't the worst idea!
Old 12-21-2023, 02:35 PM   #10463
MVP

Quote:

Atleast it wasn't a RB.
This is a total shit take.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2023, 02:36 PM   #10464
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
I doubt FAU is going to be very good next year. Year 3, maybe, let's see. But i honestly don't know if it matters. The DL right now isn't good because we have a bunch of young guys, Omenihu who can't tackle or play the run and a bunch of JAGs surrounding Jones. Good chance the DL is a$$ next year again, and it won't matter because we'll blitz and manufacture pressure exactly the same as we have the last few years. Plus we'll hopefully have a firing offense and solid secondary.

Best case Karlaftis and FAU develop quickly, Omenihu learns to tackle and we get some cheap run stuffers and break even. Worst case none of that happens and the DL is pants but it's cheap, and again, it won't matter.
If it's by year 3.....that's a terrible pick.
Old 12-21-2023, 02:38 PM   #10465
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
This is a total shit take.
Oh, ok.
Old 12-21-2023, 02:41 PM   #10466
Veteran

Quote:
If it's by year 3.....that's a terrible pick.
3 years of good football for relative peanuts is pretty good to me, for what is, as you say, a R2 guy.

Obviously you hope for more. If it's a WR I'd probably want a better, earlier return, even in our system.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 12-21-2023, 02:43 PM   #10467
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
3 years of good football for relative peanuts is pretty good to me, for what is, as you say, a R2 guy.

Obviously you hope for more. If it's a WR I'd probably want a better, earlier return, even in our system.
But it wouldn't be 3 years. It would be 2. The fifth year option wouldn't be cheap, but wouldn't be crazy I guess.

It's not ideal but at this point we're pretty much already thru 1 year so you'd take what you can get.
Old 12-21-2023, 02:47 PM   #10468
Veteran

Quote:
But it wouldn't be 3 years. It would be 2. The fifth year option wouldn't be cheap, but wouldn't be crazy I guess.

It's not ideal but at this point we're pretty much already thru 1 year so you'd take what you can get.
2 years and 1 cheapish. If he's "very good" then I'd be happy. Don't get me wrong, if he looks bad next year I'll be whingeing. But I'll still hold out some hope until year 3.
Old 12-21-2023, 02:52 PM   #10469
Rookie

Way to go GM Veach. You’ve now wasted year one of Mahomes’ prime years, (28-32), by making poor draft and free agent decisions. You’ve wasted two first round picks in CEH and Felix Anundike and two second round picks in Mecole and Skyy Less. You signed and gave lots of money to MVS who’d be out of the league otherwise and your two new offensive tackles are so bad, they got Mahomes running around all year like it was the Tampa superbowl part two. You better do something this offseason or we’ll be entering year two of his prime year watching him waste it.
KC Shox < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.KC Shox < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.KC Shox < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.KC Shox < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.KC Shox < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.KC Shox < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.KC Shox < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.KC Shox < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.KC Shox < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.KC Shox < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.KC Shox < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 10     Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 02:54 PM   #10470
Generational Player

I liked Felix a lot as a prospect. Getting a guy who has talent at DE and is cost-controlled looks solid.

It just looks bad in the overall offseason as they had already spent big $$$ on Omenihu and let their #1 WR walk with no vet replacement plan.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.