Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2023, 03:34 PM   #10381
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
We have plenty of average WR's in the room. Hell, from a straight "tools/talent" perspective, you could say slightly better than average.

I'm coming around to thinking that Veach's approach was fine - but between James' injury and 19/11/24 ALL having a bad year at the same time - it's too much to overcome.

I mean, Richie James caught 60-ish balls from Daniel ****ing Jones. Are we really having this convo if he stays healthy all year - even IF 19/11/24 still have a bad year?

If Andy is to be believed, and they are gonna ramp up Richie's snaps, I think we see an offense that more closely resembles what we're used to over these last few weeks.
I just can’t agree with that. Veach made a forgiveable mistake. It’s fine. I have faith he will correct it. At the very least we tripled down on personnel for a scheme that is way better defended this year. Because I think you’re implying we’re on the right path into next year, and that’s not the case. We bandaid for now and get to work in the offseason.

Right now it isn’t about forcing ourselves to make our WRs work. In fact we look better the more we try to hide them. We are at a point in the season where our best option is for them to avoid mistakes and do just enough to allow all the other pieces to operate. And I’m optimstic we can make that work. And we can see that so so clearly in how we finally looked in rhythm and yet even with asking our WRs to do so little they still found a way to make costly errors despite few chances to do so.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2023, 03:34 PM   #10382
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post

Gronkowski's take on Kadarius Toney
I heard that and I think that's just silly.

His mistakes are because he's trying to hard. Saying that's some sort of dedication issue is just stupid.

It's a meathead like Gronk being taught by a jackass like Belichick thinking he has all the answers because he heard the same canned bullshit coachspeak every week.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 03:36 PM   #10383

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
Me to Veach:

Oh thank God.

I'm glad someone could find some use from the most hilariously strained analogy I've ever attempted on this board.

I stared at that for a solid 30 seconds before I hit submit because of how forced that ended up being. I decided if I had to type the damn thing, you poor bastards had to read it.

Well played, sir.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 03:37 PM   #10384
In Search of a Life

I'm excited for the offense next year. They don't just half ass these things, they'll blow out the weapons next year.

People think I'm hard on Pat this year,.........boy.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2023, 03:50 PM   #10385
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I've bitched about that for weeks.

But don't you think we're doing EXACTLY what you're asking? Rice got 90% of the snaps last week. James is going to get moved up in the rotation and likely would've much sooner but/for injuries. Hardman was clearly going to be used (I think he was in the 30-40% range before he got hurt).

And Toney was someone they were TRYING to get back in a healthy groove as well. Then he stepped on his dick.

But you just complained about 'making Mahomes a game manager' and now you're saying 'stick with the rotation that makes the fewest mistakes' - you realize the former will necessarily follow the latter, correct?

That's something I think Andy is actually TRYING to avoid. As a last ditch effort he may go your route, but I don't think he's wanted to pull the chute just yet.
I’m talking more about dealing with the hand we’re already dealt. If it was a matter of asking mahomes to be a little smarter or work a little harder to get less athletic guys the ball… that’s one thing. Or to overcome a mistake on 2nd down with a big 3rd down play, sure. But we are talking about WRs who punish even semi aggressive play by constantly making costly errors that are way more difficult to overcome.

Most of my reaction is to the idea that we should still try to make Toney work. Or man… I’m even reluctant to be flinging Ross out there this late in the season. At this point we’ve gotta put all our focus on cutting out the mistakes. I like James to fit into that plan because I don’t think he can be worse. It’s not my preferred long term approach. I think other teams have had the flexibility to open up beyond long plodding drives in ways we can’t, But I think it’s plenty workable the rest of this season.

Last edited by chiefzilla1501; 12-20-2023 at 04:04 PM..
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2023, 03:52 PM   #10386
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I'm excited for the offense next year. They don't just half ass these things, they'll blow out the weapons next year.

People think I'm hard on Pat this year,.........boy.
I am too.

And I don’t want to give the impression that Im not excited about this year. Do I think we are a piece away from being a runaway best team? Yeah. But I also think we have a great shot at still making this work
Old 12-20-2023, 03:52 PM   #10387
The man you could post like.

Veach ****ed up so badly. Drafting a rookie WR in the bottom of the 2nd that's in fringe top 5 OROY contendership. What an asshole.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2023, 04:15 PM   #10388
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch View Post
Veach ****ed up so badly. Drafting a rookie WR in the bottom of the 2nd that's in fringe top 5 OROY contendership. What an asshole.
That's a great pick.

Problem is it's the only playable #1, #2, or 3 WR drafted by Veach in the last 6 drafts.

Veach inherited 2 HOF weapons and traded one away to get defensive players and the other is about to age out.

I know some will push Mecole as another and he was an asset. But the fact of the matter is he wasn't good enough for the Chiefs to keep themselves and couldn't see the field on the Jets, one of the only NFL teams with worse weapons than KC this year.

He was a nice gadget player when used by Reid but not a real NFL WR that would start on most teams.

The fact of the matter is Veach did mess up by not replacing JuJu with another vet WR who could be ready to play right away because even if the argument is Rice is now the replacement, why would you aim to at best tread water by the end of the year on a bad WR group we had last year?

And we still could use an actual vet WR out there doing the right thing because that would have not given those snaps to the Toney, MVS, and Skyy Moores of the world.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2023, 04:19 PM   #10389

MVS and James were those vets. MVS regressed to the.point he's going to have his worst season as a pro and James has been injured most of the year. Shit happens.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2023, 04:20 PM   #10390

Higgins or Pittman instead of MEH and essentially the only 'gap' in Veach's resume is completely filled.

The rest is stuff where he took a pretty damn good player over someone else. And in many cases a WR many of us would've called for was passed over in favor of a damn strong contributor and that WR busted.

You just have to take this all in aggregate.
Old 12-20-2023, 04:27 PM   #10391
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch View Post
MVS and James were those vets. MVS regressed to the.point he's going to have his worst season as a pro and James has been injured most of the year. Shit happens.
MVS has never been a #1 or a #2 WR in the NFL. He is not a chain mover and his skill set was always limited.

James was a fun dart throw signed for a vet minimum type contract which tells you what NFL GM's thought of his value.

There was zero reason to think James should have done anything although at the price I was fine with the attempt.

It obviously wasn't a serious attempt and all Veach did was cut costs even more on a weak WR room and spend that money on defense.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2023, 04:33 PM   #10392
Andy Reid Supporter

I remember talking to DJ about La Porta in the draft forum first rd consideration thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Kinda thinking this too. Sam La Porta fits us very well and isn’t much different later on, but isn’t he pretty much Noah Gray? Wouldn’t be mad at 2 good receiving TE’s to help Kelce’s workload.
Here's DJ's response

Quote:
I just don't know why I should be more worried about him than I was Hayden Hurst.

Fine Bengals - draft him in the 1st. Y'all had a developed version of him last year and it was...fine.

Just seems more and more apparent that I'm simply not on the Kincaid train.
We both were hella wrong on him. He is in fact significantly better than Noah Gray and Hayden Hurst.

We need to get a TE with athleticism and lateral agility like La Porta or McBride. Gray seems too stiff to me
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2023, 04:36 PM   #10393

No shit. Hindsight being 20/20 and all I'd go back and use the Moore pick on Sam Williams and used the FAU pick on La Porta.
Old 12-20-2023, 04:38 PM   #10394

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
I remember talking to DJ about La Porta in the draft forum first rd consideration thread.

Here's DJ's response

We both were hella wrong on him. He is in fact significantly better than Noah Gray and Hayden Hurst.

We need to get a TE with athleticism and lateral agility like La Porta or McBride. Gray seems too stiff to me
I was talking about Kincaid.

I'm not sure I ever had a strong opinion on LaPorta. I never thought he was a realistic possibility to go in the first round and can't imagine I'd have been too vocal one way or the other about taking him in the 2nd...

EDIT: Here's about as strong an opinion I can find on LaPorta.

Quote:
I've made my position known on Kincaid.

I'm fine w/ LaPorta in the 2nd and Brooks in the 3rd w/ a true Edge, OT or WR in the 1st round, but the PFF draft seems like it would be really underwhelming long-term. Not a fan.

Last edited by DJ's left nut; 12-20-2023 at 04:43 PM..
Old 12-20-2023, 04:43 PM   #10395

What the **** even happened to FAU? He's getting less snaps than Matt ****ing Dickerson.