Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2023, 04:01 PM   #10126
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Bro. In no way should Mahomes be throwing to a guy five yards behind the line of scrimmage here, with a DB camped out.

Come on, man. FF a couple of frames. That inside defender is already starting to change direction back and to the middle. In a half second there's nobody within 10 yards of Toney, and they're all moving away.

worst case scenario he's tackled around the goal line, but Toney with that much space might easily make a guy miss.

I'm not pissed about the read Mahomes made there, but if he HAD made a different one, there was a play to be made.

I agree with DJ, Rice was the read. I have zero issue with that.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2023, 04:02 PM   #10127
I'll be back.

Sorry, that was not a walk in TD to Toney at all. The DB is ready for a throw to Toney.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2023, 04:04 PM   #10128
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Sorry, that was not a walk in TD to Toney at all. The DB is ready for a throw to Toney.
The DB you say is eye banging him in his screen shot already flipped his hips.

That is almost for sure a walk in.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 04:06 PM   #10129
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
The DB you say is eye banging him in his screen shot already flipped his hips.

That is almost for sure a walk in.
No he didn't. He was flat footed.

You're looking at that DB AFTER Mahomes has committed to the throw to Rice. Only THEN did he open up a throw to Toney. When the ball was on it's way out.

A throw to Toney goes NOWHERE there unless he makes a ridiculous move.

Mahomes made the right read.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2023, 04:08 PM   #10130
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper View Post
I agree it's more fundamentals and precision rather than personnel.

With Reid, Mahomes, Kelce, there should be enough brains and leadership to fix issues that didn't exist last season from largely the same group.

Or maybe last season was an anomaly considering the WR group was one of the worst you'll ever see win a SB. You'd think though, over 20 games last year, some team would have figured out how to box out Kelce and take away the other targets.
Just about every New England SB was won with WR groups as bad/worse than last season's. And this one is no worse than last season's on paper. It simply isn't playing to the level it did last season.

The personnel could be better but dammit, this isn't worse personnel than we've had in this very calendar year. The offense should be working MUCH better than this.

I think it's in everyone's head now. Every single one of them is pressing and it's just spiraling out of control on us.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2023, 04:11 PM   #10131
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Just about every New England SB was won with WR groups as bad/worse than last season's.
I'd have to look it up, but I'd wager all those teams had mostly veteran WRs with way better coaches.

And Deion Branch was actually pretty talented...
Old 12-13-2023, 04:12 PM   #10132
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Side note - Imma blow smoke up Rice's ass again.

I mean maybe not too much since he evidently forgot where to line up. But again, that's a really nice route. Put a little depth on the angle and I think he flattened it out to create more separation between him and the underneath defender. Had he run that at a more severe angle, there's no window at all. By running it more like a skinny post than a deep slant, he created a window there.

Guy knows how to use space really well. Time to showcase him...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2023, 04:19 PM   #10133
In Search of a Life

It's a tunnel screen and go, TOney is the last read there. He did what he's supposed to and threw it where he's supposed to.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2023, 04:25 PM   #10134
Generational Player

Quote:
I'd have to look it up, but I'd wager all those teams had mostly veteran WRs with way better coaches.

And Deion Branch was actually pretty talented...

I don't remember any of the later NE SB winning teams running out a room full of children trying to learn how to play WR as their primary options. I also don't remember them not being able to line up correctly every game or run the routes where Tom expected them to be.

As for the earlier NE teams that won with defense/special teams and a Young Tom Brady totally different league now.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2023, 05:12 PM   #10135
Grumpy

Again, I ask this simple question...... Why is the Chiefs receiver coach, who has NO EXPERIENCE continuing to get a pass. He should have been fired weeks ago. He doesn't have a clue. Hell, they can't even line up onsides. It's time somebody called this clown from Blue Valley HS out. He is not a NFL coach by any stretch. Forget his family tree.....this dufus is a total liability. Conner Embree......blah blah blah. Hit the road Conner. You are totally worthless as a coach.
CadeMeister < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CadeMeister < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CadeMeister < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CadeMeister < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CadeMeister < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CadeMeister < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CadeMeister < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CadeMeister < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CadeMeister < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CadeMeister < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CadeMeister < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 12-13-2023, 05:14 PM   #10136
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadeMeister View Post
Again, I ask this simple question...... Why is the Chiefs receiver coach, who has NO EXPERIENCE continuing to get a pass. He should have been fired weeks ago. He doesn't have a clue. Hell, they can't even line up onsides. It's time somebody called this clown from Blue Valley HS out. He is not a NFL coach by any stretch. Forget his family tree.....this dufus is a total liability. Conner Embree......blah blah blah. Hit the road Conner. You are totally worthless as a coach.
Hot take: I think Andy took over this mess a couple weeks ago when it was reported that they simplified things for the WR's.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2023, 05:17 PM   #10137
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Just about every New England SB was won with WR groups as bad/worse than last season's. And this one is no worse than last season's on paper. It simply isn't playing to the level it did last season.

The personnel could be better but dammit, this isn't worse personnel than we've had in this very calendar year. The offense should be working MUCH better than this.

I think it's in everyone's head now. Every single one of them is pressing and it's just spiraling out of control on us.
2019 is the ONLY season you can make the argument that NE had worse WRs than the Chiefs last year. They are about on par with this year's Chiefs WR-wise only because Jacobi Meyers was a rookie. They had a better RB room collectively and the best defense in football.

Every other NE SB-winning team had better WRs collectively, regardless if you include the TE or not.
emaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 12-13-2023, 05:19 PM   #10138
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadeMeister View Post
Not that my opinion matters, but coaching is a big reason this offense has failed. Unless the coaching is addressed during the off-season, it won't get better.
emaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 12-13-2023, 05:20 PM   #10139
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Troy Brown on those early Patriots Super Bowl teams was better than any WR on the Chiefs roster.

Rice is physically more talented but a rookie with more than occasional drops is not as reliable as Troy Brown.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2023, 05:22 PM   #10140
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Hot take: I think Andy took over this mess a couple weeks ago when it was reported that they simplified things for the WR's.
That’s the thing for me. People want to scapegoat assistants but does anyone think for a second Andy Reid wouldn’t micromanage the shit out of the offense when it’s at a low point? Do we think bleymeier isn’t pitching in or Nagy isn’t spending extra time? If we want to put a lot of this on coaching then you gotta put a lot on andy, and i don’t think andy forgot how to coach them. We probably need more experienced WRs coaches but I don’t think it’s nearly the reason for the struggles some make it to be.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.