Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2023, 11:14 PM   #10081
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Sorry that Veach hasn't been able to pull a top 10 pick out of his ass you unrealistic moron.
WTF does that even mean? Did I mention the Chiefs at all? The guy said Smith ain’t nothing to write home about which is clearly a moronic take.

Seeing as how you’re so angry and lashing out all the time it’s pretty clear you have either a tiny dick and/or brain and are compensating for your insecurities. I’d suggest seeking help (or drinking antifreeze, either one is good).
OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 12-12-2023, 11:18 PM   #10082
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
WTF does that even mean? Did I mention the Chiefs at all? The guy said Smith ain’t nothing to write home about which is clearly a moronic take.

Seeing as how you’re so angry and lashing out all the time it’s pretty clear you have either a tiny dick and/or brain and are compensating for your insecurities. I’d suggest seeking help (or drinking antifreeze, either one is good).
It means that the point of the post you quoted still ****ing stands idiot.

Did Howie Roseman need to ****ing hire a WR draft consultant? Or did he just get a top 10 pick, take a Heisman winner, and trade for a proven stud in AJ Brown?

Guaranteed you think that's more impressive and indicative of Roseman being a genius than Veach finding a stud like Rice in the 2nd round. Because you have no ****ing clue at all about the process.

You are that guy that has no idea how to cook, but complains about every meal you eat.

As for my dick, it's 7.5 inches. Not small, not huge, just right.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2023, 12:22 AM   #10083
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
You keep saying I'm hiding.

What in the entire **** are you talking about?

I'm right ****ing here pussy. Who's ****ing hiding?
Your post count goes down like 50% after the Chiefs lose… because you can’t go around with your Reerunned act of propping up shitty players like Skyy Less.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 12:42 AM   #10084
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
Your post count goes down like 50% after the Chiefs lose… because you can’t go around with your Reerunned act of propping up shitty players like Skyy Less.
I'm literally in the WR thread. I am not posting anywhere else. Do you want to talk about this in the DC? Do you want to argue in the Hopkins thread, which I was in full support of?

Exactly what thread am I hiding from?
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2023, 02:56 AM   #10085
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
The WR room has been aids since '21 and that was WITH Hill. I've basically been screaming at the top of this mountain for 3 straight ****ing seasons as the WR room continued to get worse. There was a reason I was absolutely livid about the Moore pick.

Mahomes IS the Chiefs. We have a V10 under the hood and we keep trying to fuel it with thrift store gas and house brand oil. It's ****ing nuts.

Things that seemed so goddamn obvious yet for whatever reason everyone convinced themselves that it wasn't.

Ive more or less checked out of this conversation the last two months as ive basically been trying to have this conversation for 3 ****ing seasons. Now im just annoyed by it because NOOOOOOOW everyone wants to talk about it.....too ****ing late.
Couldn't agree more. The counter argument I heard again and again was that Mahomes was a force multiplier and so invest in D and let him elevate average WR talent to a level that's good. I think that has it backwards. He IS a force multiplier, so let's use that to it's greatest possible effect. Give him good weapons that he can turn into an unstoppable offense. Then cobble together the defense best you can.

Anyway, I was on your side then and still think it's right.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 06:58 AM   #10086
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
Couldn't agree more. The counter argument I heard again and again was that Mahomes was a force multiplier and so invest in D and let him elevate average WR talent to a level that's good. I think that has it backwards. He IS a force multiplier, so let's use that to it's greatest possible effect. Give him good weapons that he can turn into an unstoppable offense. Then cobble together the defense best you can.

100%

Until then, clean up the drops, keep simplifying the offense and we’re good enough to have a good shot. I think the front office gets the message loud and clear. And mahomes is going to screaming the door down until they get him some help
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 07:30 AM   #10087
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
So true. Dude is nothing more than a coward pussy with a big mouth. He needs to prop himself up by demeaning anyone for having a different opinion than his. This prick was so scared of Denver that he refused to watch a game for fear that the Chiefs would get "blown out."

Last edited by TEX; 12-13-2023 at 07:43 AM..
TEX has disabled reputation
Old 12-13-2023, 07:53 AM   #10088
MVP

Quote:

No, I don't think that was anybody's argument.

The argument was, and still is, that when you're paying your QB this much of your cap, you need to draft and develop your weapons. You can't afford to pay market price for them.

And that's still true, regardless of whether these particular players panned out or not.

The goal was always to give him good weapons.

Sustained success depends on drafting well and developing talent. These guys all shit the bed simultaneously, which is why I'm looking hard at Nagy and Embree because this just doesn't make any other sense.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2023, 08:44 AM   #10089
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post

The argument was, and still is, that when you're paying your QB this much of your cap, you need to draft and develop your weapons. You can't afford to pay market price for them.

And that's still true, regardless of whether these particular players panned out or not.

Sustained success depends on drafting well and developing talent. These guys all shit the bed simultaneously, which is why I'm looking hard at Nagy and Embree because this just doesn't make any other sense.
I'll see if I can dig out some of the comments, but my recollection was a) people clamouring for DL in the draft- not unfairly, it's been awful and b) lots of people commenting that HAD to be the move and a move for a WR would be terrible. I do remember a lot of the WR pushback being about not wanting to move up though, so that's a different argument, probably a fairer one. It was a difference of opinion on what draft capital is spent not on whether we should draft and develop or go down the FA route.

I do agree re Nagy and Embree, mainly because guys like MVS have looked worse and there's really no good reason for that.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 12-13-2023, 09:11 AM   #10090
MVP

Quote:
I'll see if I can dig out some of the comments, but my recollection was a) people clamouring for DL in the draft- not unfairly, it's been awful and b) lots of people commenting that HAD to be the move and a move for a WR would be terrible. I do remember a lot of the WR pushback being about not wanting to move up though, so that's a different argument, probably a fairer one. It was a difference of opinion on what draft capital is spent not on whether we should draft and develop or go down the FA route.

I do agree re Nagy and Embree, mainly because guys like MVS have looked worse and there's really no good reason for that.
Yeah, the argument was about giving up multiple picks to move up to get a WR. And, ironically, it appears that Veach was TRYING to move up, but nobody wanted to deal. We don't know who he was targeting, of course. But it goes to show-it takes two to make a deal. Sometimes the other guy just doesn't want to do it.

DT is still the second weakest group on the roster, in my opinion. I wish we'd kept Saunders instead of Nnadi. And I'll never argue against pass rushers. FAU is just in a stacked group so I'm not alarmed that he's had a quiet rookie season.

WR I think everyone was on board with one early; it was just whether or not the draft class was worth spending a lot to go up and get one. As it turns out, we got one of the better ones in the second. (and we did have to make a small move up to get him.)
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2023, 09:21 AM   #10091
In Search of a Life

Quote:

But it doesn’t at all hang together why they wouldn’t have gotten a bandaid knowing Reid doesn’t like playing rookies. I get the draft strategy and can’t be mad about getting rice. But what do we do at other positions? We drafted a first round DE and got a bandaid in omenihu. We paid jawaan Taylor to play LT and instead of playing wanya at RT, we bandaided with Donovan smith. In each of these instances we eased our rookie in. But at WR, the position where Reid is notoriously resistant to playing rookies, we didn’t?

So we obviously built our plans as if rashee wasn’t going to be a primary option this year. We should have known skyy at best projected as more a slot option and Mvs was purely a clearout guy. Which means we centered our entire strategy around Toney being a wr1 even given his injury history. Because there is nobody on this roster other than rice who ever projected to be a #1 option or target eater. That is somewhat self scouting but I think we also got a little cute thinking we had found a loophole where we can save a lot of money by not spending a fortune on WRs. And last years success reinforced that belief. But no matter, we learn from it and we won’t make that mistake next year

As much as we want to say we didn’t see it coming, we should have. Even if we thought they had potential We should’ve known the chemistry implications of constant rotations and changing depth charts and the hole at the top of the depth chart was obvious even if we are shocked by regression of everyone else in the middle/bottom.

Last edited by chiefzilla1501; 12-13-2023 at 09:26 AM..
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2023, 09:26 AM   #10092
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
But it doesn’t at all hang together why they wouldn’t have gotten a bandaid knowing Reid doesn’t like playing rookies. We drafted a first round DE and got a bandaid in omenihu. We paid jawaan Taylor to play LT and instead of playing wanya at RT, we bandaided with Donovan smith. In each of these instances we eased our rookie in. But at WR, the position where Reid is notoriously resistant to playing rookies, we didn’t?

So we obviously built our plans as if rashee wasn’t going to be a primary option this year. We should have known skyy at best projected as more a slot option and Mvs was purely a clearout guy. Which means we centered our entire strategy around Toney being a wr1 even given his history. Because there is nobody on this roster other than rice who ever projected to be a #1 option or target eater. That is somewhat self scouting but I think we also got a little cute thinking we had found a loophole where we can save a lot of money by not spending a fortune on WRs. And last years success reinforced that belief. But no matter, we learn from it and we won’t make that mistake next year
Well, it's a punchline at this point given the way things worked out, but they did sign James, who was productive last season in NY, was a dependable, good hands, first down player with good advanced metrics. Of course, he mised most of the season. I figured when they signed him that was the insurance policy in case Moore didn't work out.

Clearly, Moore did not work out, and James spent most of the year on IR.

I liked Thielen, and said as much back then.
Old 12-13-2023, 09:29 AM   #10093
MVP

Injuries kind of robbed us of even getting a chance to see if plan A would've worked out.

Doesn't matter, the plan started falling apart day one of training camp.
Old 12-13-2023, 09:50 AM   #10094
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Injuries kind of robbed us of even getting a chance to see if plan A would've worked out.

Doesn't matter, the plan started falling apart day one of training camp.
Richie's injury probably threw a much bigger monkey wrench in KC's plans than people realize. Like you said, he caught almost 60 passes from Daniel Jones. One would think Veach and Reid thought he could put up similar or better numbers in KC. MVS, Moore and Toney barely have that production together.

Hopefully they can increase his workload and he develops some chemistry with Mahomes.
Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 12-13-2023, 10:05 AM   #10095
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 View Post
Richie's injury probably threw a much bigger monkey wrench in KC's plans than people realize. Like you said, he caught almost 60 passes from Daniel Jones. One would think Veach and Reid thought he could put up similar or better numbers in KC. MVS, Moore and Toney barely have that production together.

Hopefully they can increase his workload and he develops some chemistry with Mahomes.
That was just one. Toney getting hurt in camp. James getting hurt. Ross and his DV stuff.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.