Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:31 PM   #9811
The man you could post like.

So, coaching.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 05:34 PM   #9812
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Sure, why not?

Serious.

Maybe he can give you 10 professional snaps per game. That'd be a drastic improvement.

Think that's about what he was doing last season. 7, maybe 10 snaps or thereabouts. But when he went vertical with 1v1 coverage, he was smoking some DBs by nearly 10 yards. It didn't seem possible for a WR his age to do that, but he was doing it.

But yeah, I'd 100% bring him in for a workout at this point. Hell, I'd have called Sammy by now. Shit, I'd seriously consider bringing TO in for a look at this point. Every single one of them would be an improvement over these dipsticks.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:35 PM   #9813
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
None of them dropped passes at the rate they have this season.

It was entirely reasonable to expect people to have a better grasp of the offense in year two, and NONE of them do.

The regression of the ENTIRE ROOM points to coaching. There's no reason for nobody to know what the **** they're doing at this point.

The whole offense, not just the WR room is sloppy. Penalties everywhere.

Mistakes are not corrected.

It's coaching.

Nagy ****ing sucks. Embree ****ing sucks.

You're not going to convince me otherwise.

THREE second round picks and a one in that room, and they're by so far the worst group in the league it's not even funny. Total ineptitude.

It'd be on thing if it was a bunch of UDFA's, but it's high picks that can't do anything right. There is physical talent.

Shit coaching.
I don’t have an opinion on coaching other than they’ve been shit with a shit group. I don’t buy that Andy Reid, a micromanager and the best offensive coach on planet earth is uninvolved so I don’t buy that the coaching is clueless. I’m not sold on our assistants… but Andy has his hands on it and they’re still clueless.

I honestly don’t get what you see in these WRs. Not only do that not have the talent most have track records of non results. It’s not like we regressed tee Higgins. We’re talking career 450 yard WRs. They just aren’t good. They have athletic ability but they all share a common problem of having horrible football iq. That isn’t all coaching.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:37 PM   #9814

It's not a mutually exclusive thing. BOTH aspects are dog shit. That's why the unit is currently performing at historical levels of shit.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:38 PM   #9815
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch View Post
So, coaching.
Dallas adapted by targeting the shit out of ceedee lamb. Jacksonville adjusted from a conservative offense to a downfield offense that finally used Ridley and really clicked when zay jones got added.

You think we’re running those offenses with Mvs and Justin Watson?
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:39 PM   #9816
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Our WRs weren’t great last year. They were tendency busters and defenses got better at adjusting to the adjustment. That’s why the teams that have evolved like Dallas and Jacksonville on pass offense have adapted midseason. That’s why buffalo evolved from a very similar offense to ours to using a lot more 3 wr sets and rely on shakir instead of Dawson Knox.

We doubled down on our adjustment. And unlike other teams we don’t have much flexibility to adapt

Any notion that our WRs were any good last year is based on a bunch of WRs having career seasons. Maybe it was just that. A bunch of WRs in the right scheme at the right time.
If they were just mediocre, you might have a point.

But they're not, they're literally HISTORICALLY BAD.

You have to rely on projecting production, you just have to-we did it last season with the secondary, and look how that has worked out?

But for the entire room to go from serviceable at worst to historically bad is just not normal. If it was one guy, yeah, shit happens. A whole room? Nah, that's something rotten in the staff.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:42 PM   #9817
Choco Favre

Where’s Kevin Curtis
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:43 PM   #9818
Starter

The Chiefs should sign Jackson. He's available!!! Anybody other than what the Chiefs have is a good choice.

I am tired of hearing these guys are getting better. Really?

The only thing this group has gotten better at is getting off the field before a flag is thrown for too many men on the field.
Justman59 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutJustman59 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutJustman59 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutJustman59 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutJustman59 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutJustman59 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutJustman59 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutJustman59 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutJustman59 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutJustman59 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 12-11-2023, 05:44 PM   #9819

Quote:
Dallas adapted by targeting the shit out of ceedee lamb. Jacksonville adjusted from a conservative offense to a downfield offense that finally used Ridley and really clicked when zay jones got added.

You think we’re running those offenses with Mvs and Justin Watson?
MVS and Moore shouldn't even be getting playing time at this point and Toney (and Hardman when he's back) should be doing all the gadget shit Rice does with some deep routes to boot and Rice should've graduated by now to running the intermediate route trees. But none of that has happened because of dog shit coaching.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:45 PM   #9820
MVP

Quote:
I don’t have an opinion on coaching other than they’ve been shit with a shit group. I don’t buy that Andy Reid, a micromanager and the best offensive coach on planet earth is uninvolved so I don’t buy that the coaching is clueless. I’m not sold on our assistants… but Andy has his hands on it and they’re still clueless.

I honestly don’t get what you see in these WRs. Not only do that not have the talent most have track records of non results. It’s not like we regressed tee Higgins. We’re talking career 450 yard WRs. They just aren’t good. They have athletic ability but they all share a common problem of having horrible football iq. That isn’t all coaching.
'career' being a second year guy and a third year guy who'd missed most of his first year to injury. From that, you determined that you could project their 'career' numbers?

No. The only question going in to this season with Toney was health.
Skyy was supposed to be steady, plus route runner, plus hands. These were the scouting reports. This is why these guys were first and second round picks.

Nobody's planning on Watson being anything but a serviceable bottom of the rotation guy.

MVS has never been THIS bad.

Rice is the only one doing anything, and he's a rookie who doesn't really know what he's even doing yet.

No, all of these guys not only didn't improve when it was entirely reasonable to expect in year two, they ALL shit the bed simulataneously.

A #1, three #2's in that group. Two guys that run 4.3

No, there's physical talent.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:53 PM   #9821
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch View Post
It's not a mutually exclusive thing. BOTH aspects are dog shit. That's why the unit is currently performing at historical levels of shit.
Our assistants need to be held accountable. I’m not saying they’re good.

But we’ve been down this road before. Everyone thought bleymeier and eb were complete dog shit. It turns out when you run the right scheme with the right players they look pretty good. Even if we had tyreek we had the wrong personnel for deep zone.

And I’d imagine a lot of these problems go away when you give these coaches talent. Not because our assistants are any good but because Andy is that damn good. Our WRs on the other hand… who do we see succeeding in another system outside of rice? They’re going to have the same damn problems with inconsistency no matter who is coaching them.

So yeah, coaching needs to be better. But the root cause is talent. Hands down
Old 12-11-2023, 05:54 PM   #9822
MVP

I would absolutely bring in Desean Jackson for a workout. See what he remembers from the offense.

I'd bring in Watkins, too, for a workout. See if he's got anything left in the tank.

And if either of them do, I'd cut MVS.

And I'd fire Embree immediately regardless.

I'm the one that was preaching patience, but I'm all out of that.

I want accountability.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:55 PM   #9823
MVP

Quote:

But we’ve been down this road before. Everyone thought bleymeier and eb were complete dog shit. It turns out when you run the right scheme with the right players they look pretty good. Even if we had tyreek we had the wrong personnel for deep zone.

And I’d imagine a lot of these problems go away when you give these coaches talent. Not because our assistants are any good but because Andy is that damn good. Our WRs on the other hand… who do we see succeeding in another system outside of rice? They’re going to have the same damn problems with inconsistency no matter who is coaching them.

ITS THE SAME ****ING GUYS AS LAST YEAR.

One legged Juju doesn't explain how nobody can run the right route, catch the ball, or even line up correctly.

THE SAME GUYS.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:56 PM   #9824
MVP

I was never on the EB hate train.

I was on the 'give me my third round pick for him' train.

But they clearly miss the disciplinarian, wouldn't you agree?
Old 12-11-2023, 05:58 PM   #9825
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:

Pretty much, at least imo. If they were really talented, most of this isn't even an issue. But they aren't really talented, and there's really only so much that can be done to hide their weaknesses, and not much talent to try and expand.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.