Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:10 PM   #9796
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
Rice is already better than JuJu outside. But JuJu always ran those routes in the middle of the field that gave Mahomes comfort as a QB. Because he knew he would get open and when.
Also JuJu was a veteran WR… Rice is a rookie trying to catch onto an Andy Reid offense as quickly as possible (and historically faster than most rookie WR’s in Andy’s offense)… but not the same as a veteran presence.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:10 PM   #9797
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
No, I would have preferred the Chiefs just acquired a real NFL WR that could catch the ball at the trade deadline and we would be legit SB Contenders.

Instead we went the route you wanted to save $$$ for some future year without Chris Jones and Travis Kelce and it crashed and burned. None of these guy were ever good in the league, how hard is that to understand?!

I don't care that CEH was picked in the 1st. Not a difference maker.

Skyy was a 2nd? So? Not a difference maker.

No, this group should never have been mediocre because in order to do that you would need actual players that are mediocre.

You completely underrated what it takes to be an NFL pro. JuJu might have been mediocre but that was FAR MORE than what these other clowns bring to the table.
Yes you've stated what you would have done. You state it at least 5X a day.

Andy and Veach stupidly relied upon Toney and Skyy and it's backfired spectacularly. Nothing else to say
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:10 PM   #9798
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch View Post
Just sign Ertz and run 13 personnel primarily at this point.
Ertz gives us nothing we don't have in Gray.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 05:13 PM   #9799

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
And Gray is being terribly underutilized.

Zero targets yesterday.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:13 PM   #9800
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Hence the 13 personnel.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:13 PM   #9801
Choco Favre

Look, we’ll be fine. Just need a Tyler boydish type receiver to pair with rice and kelce and we’ll be back to our old offense next year.

We can still scratch and claw our way to the sb this year. This is the weakest I’ve ever seen the AFC. There’s no Tom Brady Patriots and Manning Broncos in this thing.

We’ve beaten Miami, Jax and should have beaten Buffalo.

We can still make a nice run
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:15 PM   #9802

Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order View Post
Look, we’ll be fine. Just need a Tyler boydish type receiver to pair with rice and kelce and we’ll be back to our old offense next year.
Kelce will be 35 next year… and he might retire.

The Chiefs can’t assume he can continue to carry the go to pass catcher role.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:15 PM   #9803
MVP

Quote:
And again, I cannot for the LIFE OF ME understand why we aren't running more 12 personnel.

I'd be using that as my base personnel. It helps with the running game, you can chip a little in pass blocking to help your OT's. and Gray seems to know where to go and to catch the ****ing ball.

Again-coaching.

I love Andy Reid, I think he's the best in the business, but he's got some blind spots this season if he's letting Nagy handle personnel and Embree 'coach' the WR's.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:18 PM   #9804
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
I would agree with you, except that it's painfully obvious that they're not even as good as they were down the stretch LAST year.

It's not the same. It's far, far worse. Historically bad.

Rice is going to be a good player, I think, but he's a raw rookie.

Everyone else is performing at a absolute shit-show level. Mistakes are not corrected. Routes don't get adjusted. They don't know what they're doing, they can't catchthe ball at an even average level.

It'd be one thing if we were rolling with a room full of low round picks and UDFA's, but there are THREE #2 picks and a #1 pick in that room. The fact that NONE are developing or performing at an even serviceable level (other than Rice, who I'd argue is just physically talented and shows it) has got to be on the coaching.

I think Nagy is not holding people accountable. Mistakes are not being corrected. I think Embree is in way over his head.

I agree that coaching is part of the issue, but the players themselves should be holding themselves accountable, and they aren't, and they haven't.

And someone else said it, and i agree; I think what happened last season was that we got lucky with this group and 'caught lightning in a bottle.'

JJSS was good enough for the first half of the season and had a couple decent games in the 2nd half of the season.

Skyy had that one decent game vs. LAC, then went back to being invisible for the rest of the year.

Toney showed several flashes in a few games, but never put together a whole game.

MVS had his one decent game in the AFCCG. Not one other good performance all year, but on the biggest stage in the biggest moment, he came through that one time.

And everyone got twitterpated over those flashy moments, and just assumed that they'd improve on those outlier performances. Some of us questioned the "why" behind that assumption, considering that MVS, JWat, Skyy, and Toney never showed any kind of consistency with their previous teams, and that MVS/JWat were clearly limited in their capabilities throughout their careers.

Anyway, what's done is done. We're in the last quarter of the season; they are who they are. At this late date, coaching isn't going to fix it. And they apparently don't feel any strong obligation to take things into their own hands and do better.

Fwiw, I hope I'm 100% wrong about that last part. I've been hoping they'd prove me wrong all season. But after watching the A-22 of the DEN game and then the GB game, and saw them all repeating the same mistakes, having to be told by Pat, Travis and others where to line up, what the coverage was, etc., and they still messed up a ton of plays, I realized that these guys are just who they are.

I still hold a tiny bit of hope they'll get sorted out, but at this point I'll believe it when I see it.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:20 PM   #9805
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch View Post
Hence the 13 personnel.
That's not realistic.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:22 PM   #9806
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
No, they're not.

Everyone was excited about what Toney was doing down the stretch. This season he's been not just awful, but historically bad.

Skyy went exactly where every single draft source expected him to go. Plus route runner, great hands, hard worker. We've seen none of that.

MVS was a deep threat, 50% catch rate guy his whole career. This year he's ****ing terrible.

They've got a #1 and THREE #2's in that room. Nobody was wildly overdrafted. If you can't get even mediocre results out of that, it's the ****ing coaching.

*I'm still bullish on Rice, I just don't agree that he's 'developing'. I see the same things good and bad that were on his college tape. I think he's very talented, and don't include him in my 'historically bad' category. He's a raw but promising rookie.
But who were these guys before they came here.

Skyy has no proven experience. His entire draft stock was built on potential. At least rice had relevant college film to go off of.
Toney was notorious for being absent minded and unreliable
Watson is the same guy as last year. Except when you double his role, those occasional big plays look more occasional and those hidden mistakes become obvious
Mvs has regressed to his green bay days

I think you're basing a ton of the read on really small sample size. Mvs wasn't consistently great last year, he just had a few big games in big moments. We crowned toney as WR1 because of a few flash plays even though they barely used him as a wr last year. Before they became chiefs they were thrown into the trash, after they leave (as with mecole, drob) nobody is gonna scoop these guys up. That is as clear a sign as any that it’s a talent issue. We are playing guys that nobody wants to even stash on the back of their bench.

We decided to turn our 4/5 starting pitchers into Aces. Of course they’re going to look worse. They get more opportunities which given these guys means more mistakes, they get more attention from defenses, and their confidence gets rattled because every week they’re punching way above their weight.

The best coaching in the world can only do so much when these guys don’t have the instincts to play the position.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:24 PM   #9807
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
Bring him in for a look?

Dude was still really fast last season. Watched him just torching dudes half his age last year. And he could catch. He couldn't possibly be expensive, so bring him in stat.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:27 PM   #9808
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
But who were these guys before they came here.

Skyy has no proven experience. His entire draft stock was built on potential.
Toney was notorious for being absent minded and unreliable
Watson is the same guy as last year. Except when you double his role, those occasional big plays look more occasional and those hidden mistakes become obvious
Mvs has regressed to his green bay days

I think you're basing a ton of the read on really small sample size. Mvs wasn't consistently great last year, he just had a few big games in big moments. We crowned toney as WR1 because of a few flash plays even though they barely used him as a wr last year. Before they became chiefs they were thrown into the trash, after they leave (as with mecole, drob) nobody is gonna scoop these guys up. That is as clear a sign as any that it’s a talent issue. We are playing guys that nobody wants to even stash on the back of their bench.

We decided to turn our 4/5 starting pitchers into Aces. Of course they’re going to look worse. They get more opportunities which given these guys means more mistakes, they get more attention from defenses, and their confidence gets rattled because every week they’re punching way above their weight.

The best coaching in the world can only do so much when these guys don’t have the instincts to play the position.
None of them dropped passes at the rate they have this season.

It was entirely reasonable to expect people to have a better grasp of the offense in year two, and NONE of them do.

The regression of the ENTIRE ROOM points to coaching. There's no reason for nobody to know what the **** they're doing at this point.

The whole offense, not just the WR room is sloppy. Penalties everywhere.

Mistakes are not corrected.

It's coaching.

Nagy ****ing sucks. Embree ****ing sucks.

You're not going to convince me otherwise.

THREE second round picks and a one in that room, and they're by so far the worst group in the league it's not even funny. Total ineptitude.

It'd be on thing if it was a bunch of UDFA's, but it's high picks that can't do anything right. There is physical talent.

Shit coaching.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:29 PM   #9809
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Dude was still really fast last season. Watched him just torching dudes half his age last year. And he could catch. He couldn't possibly be expensive, so bring him in stat.
Sure, why not?

Serious.

Maybe he can give you 10 professional snaps per game. That'd be a drastic improvement.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:30 PM   #9810
In Search of a Life

Our WRs weren’t great last year. They were tendency busters and defenses got better at adjusting to the adjustment. That’s why the teams that have evolved like Dallas and Jacksonville on pass offense have adapted midseason. That’s why buffalo evolved from a very similar offense to ours to using a lot more 3 wr sets and rely on shakir instead of Dawson Knox.

We doubled down on our adjustment. And unlike other teams we don’t have much flexibility to adapt

Any notion that our WRs were any good last year is based on a bunch of WRs having career seasons. Maybe it was just that. A bunch of WRs in the right scheme at the right time.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.