Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 02:33 PM   #9736
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX View Post
Wait, weren't you in the ,"We'll be fine ," crowd? I remember advocating for Hopkins and you were against it. Am I not remembering correctly?
Nope, you are. I was wrong. Man enough to admit it.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 03:41 PM   #9737
The Boom Boom Room

FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);">
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 03:45 PM   #9738
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);">

OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 03:54 PM   #9739
Please squeeze

That video is a great view. His knee is where the ball was and his helmet is in line with Creed. Not sure I call that egregious seems soft to me.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 03:57 PM   #9740
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
That video is a great view. His knee is where the ball was and his helmet is in line with Creed. Not sure I call that egregious seems soft to me.
It appears that way because the view is from behind the LOS
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 04:01 PM   #9741
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
It appears that way because the view is from behind the LOS
Looks like right down the line to me, but was he technically over yes but he had been doing that all game long apparently. The officials said it was egregious that wasn't egregious.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 04:08 PM   #9742
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Toney was aligned off-sides most of the game. Even Dan said multiple times that the other WR opposite Toney was aligned correctly, "a few inches behind the line." Dan never says that Toney was aligned correctly, in fact he says the opposite.

NFL WRs in their 3rd year should know where to line up, period. And even worse, on that last play, Toney's basically looking right at the other WR on the other side, and never once notices that he's way ahead of that guy.

The WR coach should've been in Toney's ear at some point during the game about his alignment. If they both do their jobs correctly, maybe Toney doesn't line up like that on the final play, and at least we score the TD and force BUF to score one in 1:15.

And it boggles my mind that a professional 3rd-year WR in the NFL didn't check with the officials ONCE during the game about his alignment. That's inexcusable.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 04:11 PM   #9743
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Toney was aligned off-sides most of the game. Even Dan said multiple times that the other WR opposite Toney was aligned correctly, "a few inches behind the line." Dan never says that Toney was aligned correctly, in fact he says the opposite.

NFL WRs in their 3rd year should know where to line up, period. And even worse, on that last play, Toney's basically looking right at the other WR on the other side, and never once notices that he's way ahead of that guy.

The WR coach should've been in Toney's ear at some point during the game about his alignment. If they both do their jobs correctly, maybe Toney doesn't line up like that on the final play, and at least we score the TD and force BUF to score one in 1:15.

And it boggles my mind that a professional 3rd-year WR in the NFL didn't check with the officials ONCE during the game about his alignment. That's inexcusable.
My college coach had a saying that was drilled into our heads:

“I don’t care if you check or not, but you better be ****ing right.”
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 04:11 PM   #9744
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
He should be lining up with his hips, not his helmet. Best way to see how far off is to compare him to everyone else who ljned up normally. It's like a yard off
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 04:12 PM   #9745
Generational Player

Quote:

Correct. I get being mad at how the refs pulled that out but you need to get your fundamentals down first.

We don't have legit NFL WR's. We have a bunch of junk and Rice is a promising player being molded to be that guy down the road. Toney has all the talent in the world, knows how to run routes yet still is a net negative. That's very hard to stomach on a team already paper thin at WR talent.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 04:15 PM   #9746
Veteran

Quote:

I'm placing quite a bit of blame on the officials here for breaking precedent by not giving a warning first in such a critical game situation, but you have a good point about the coaching staff not seeing this throughout the game. They either never noticed (not good coaching) or noticed and never said anything to Toney (awful coaching).

The WR coach especially should have been in Toney's ear about this, warning from the refs or not.
wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 12-11-2023, 04:15 PM   #9747
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
My college coach had a saying that was drilled into our heads:

“I don’t care if you check or not, but you better be ****ing right.”

Lol, basically, yeah.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 04:15 PM   #9748
MVP

What I find interesting is that in the delight in taking a victory lap, you guys are actually under-representing just how bad this WR group has been this season. It's not just bad, it's historically bad. It's been like almost 30 years since any team has had this drop percentage.

'Totally predictable results'? Oh no. Not even.

This is an unprecedented regression of an entire position group. MVS is the same guy? Gods no. Not even close. Toney is the same? No, not even close. Moore? He's not even the same as last February. It's the WHOLE ROOM, all WORSE than in February.

You could make an argument that they wouldn't be great-that's reasonable. If they're even run of the mill lousy, this team is 10-3 or 11-2.

Do you have any faith that if they ran 'corn dog' that Toney catches the ball? I don't.
Do you have any faith that if Kelce lined up wrong in the slot that Toney would have the instincts to cover the OT, and not go in motion, and instead indicate to Mahomes that they should motion Moore instead? No, me neither. And that Moore would run that route and actually catch that ball for the TD in the biggest moment of the biggest game of his life? No, me neither.
Do you believe that MVS is capable right now of performing like he did in the AFCCG, when we absolutely had to have someone step up for 6-116 and a TD? Yeah, no. No way. He's broken.

THIS, this was not predictable.

It's entirely reasonable to expect your young players to improve with experience. It's entirely reasonable for a group of players to be better in year two of an Andy Reid offense than year one.

It's not normal to have an entire group regress to historically bad across the board.

This is on coaching, boys.

This is on poor attention to details and lack of accountability on the part of the offensive coordinator and the WR coach. There is no reason for the ENTIRE group to have become unplayable.

Talent? **** that argument. We can not like the Skyy Moore pick, but the fact is that he went about where every prognosticator thought he would, in the second round. Toney was a first rounder.

Rice is the only one that's shown anything, and he is what we should have expected-a talented but somewhat raw rookie.

MVS's drop rate is astronomical. Toney has no idea what he's doing. Skyy Moore can't run a route or get open to save his life.

The only guy that's roughly the same guy as last year is Watson, who's a #4 type guy that can occasionally play up.

Ritchie missed most of the season, but he was a first down machine with Danny 'brother can you spare a dime' in NY.

Toney missed camp, but damn, that was 14 weeks ago. What the hell?

No, this group should have been at LEAST mediocre.

Instead, it's historically bad.

So enjoy your victory lap. I'm sure it's satisfying.

If these guys were the same guys as last year, this team would be 10-3 or 11-2.

Nagy and Embree ****ing suck at this.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 04:15 PM   #9749
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
He should be lining up with his hips, not his helmet. Best way to see how far off is to compare him to everyone else who ljned up normally. It's like a yard off
He isn't lined up a yard off. If he scoots back 1/4 step he would be fine. Rice has to be off the LOS to be legal. Shit they could have called Taylor for illegal formation as far back as he was. Probably would been screwed either way
Old 12-11-2023, 04:19 PM   #9750
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachashi View Post
I'm placing quite a bit of blame on the officials here for breaking precedent by not giving a warning first in such a critical game situation, but you have a good point about the coaching staff not seeing this throughout the game. They either never noticed (not good coaching) or noticed and never said anything to Toney (awful coaching).

The WR coach especially should have been in Toney's ear about this, warning from the refs or not.

Here's one to think about: it's more than likely that Toney's been lining up incorrectly for the entire season. Maybe even last season.

And apparently no one noticed. Not one coach. Not another 'veteran' player or WR. Like you know, MVS, the supposed "leader" of the WR room.

So it makes me wonder just what else isn't being noticed?
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote