Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-28-2023, 06:41 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Rashee Rice Thread*****

More to come!

Last edited by Dante84; 05-01-2023 at 11:09 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-23-2023, 02:24 PM   #961
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
My point is that while it's true that Rodgers struggled without Adams and Pat didn't struggle nearly as much without Tyreek, the truth is that Tyreek was never Pat's actual 1. Travis was.

Meanwhile, Rodgers true 1 was in fact D. Adams. Adams=Travis. Not Adams=Tyreek.

to make it more apples to apples, Pat would have to play a season without Travis, not Tyreek.
this is absolutely true, and the biggest reason why everyone saying we need a superstar receiver is missing the big picture.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 02:43 PM   #962
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphojunkie View Post
this is absolutely true, and the biggest reason why everyone saying we need a superstar receiver is missing the big picture.
We don't 'need' a superstar WR. We need a solid possession vet WR, imo. I've consistently said this, but my words get twisted around every time. But I consistently said that we need/should get a Adam Thielen type, or a Corey Davis, more recently. Basically a better version of JJSS.

Anyway, we need a guy like that to force the defense to make some decisions about how they're going to defend us.

Midway through 2022, JJSS basically became invisible because defenses began paying a lot more man/press vs. KC, and JJSS couldn't beat his DBs. Neither could Skyy or anyone else for that matter. It became something of an issue until Andy started scheming plays for McKinnon more.

But that's a band aid, not a long-term solution.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-23-2023, 03:54 PM   #963
2 Legit 2 Colquitt

Quote:
My point is that while it's true that Rodgers struggled without Adams and Pat didn't struggle nearly as much without Tyreek, the truth is that Tyreek was never Pat's actual 1. Travis was.

Meanwhile, Rodgers true 1 was in fact D. Adams. Adams=Travis. Not Adams=Tyreek.

to make it more apples to apples, Pat would have to play a season without Travis, not Tyreek.
But the tweet never calls Tyreek his #1. That's a strawman.
ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-23-2023, 04:10 PM   #964
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake View Post
But the tweet never calls Tyreek his #1. That's a strawman.

I think we can safely infer that, considering the first part of the tweet. The tweeter is being obtuse, in order to make his point.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-23-2023, 04:40 PM   #965
MVP

Quote:
We don't 'need' a superstar WR. We need a solid possession vet WR, imo. I've consistently said this, but my words get twisted around every time. But I consistently said that we need/should get a Adam Thielen type, or a Corey Davis, more recently. Basically a better version of JJSS.

Anyway, we need a guy like that to force the defense to make some decisions about how they're going to defend us.

Midway through 2022, JJSS basically became invisible because defenses began paying a lot more man/press vs. KC, and JJSS couldn't beat his DBs. Neither could Skyy or anyone else for that matter. It became something of an issue until Andy started scheming plays for McKinnon more. .

But that's a band aid, not a long-term solution.
Andy didn't really 'scheme' up Mckinnon, he's usually the outlet pass, and that's been there for YEARS. Pat just started taking it more often rather than forcing the downfield play.

It's not a scheme change. Occasionally there would be something drawn up, but mostly it was just the outlet pass.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-23-2023, 04:51 PM   #966
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Andy didn't really 'scheme' up Mckinnon, he's usually the outlet pass, and that's been there for YEARS. Pat just started taking it more often rather than forcing the downfield play.

It's not a scheme change. Occasionally there would be something drawn up, but mostly it was just the outlet pass.
Eh, there were more screens installed, McKinnon actually began running WR routes, like that skinny post vs. HOU (I think it was HOU).

Regardless at this point, JJSS stopped being as effective as he was in the first half of the season, and McKinnon became the consistent option instead.

And we know this is true, because JJSS' projection at about the 8 week mark was to exceed 1,200 yards and 4-5 TDs, but he went from averaging about 60 yds/gm to about 30.

And McKinnon wasn't on pace for 512 yards receiving/10 TDs through about the same number of weeks. His production increased about when JJSS decreased. And we didn't see a big jump in anyone else's numbers. McKinnon effectively was schemed to replace JJSS lack of production.

Okay well, the stats and the timeline seem to imply that. Obviously, I don't know exactly what Andy's real thoughts were.
Old 05-23-2023, 07:11 PM   #967
MVP

Quote:
Eh, there were more screens installed, McKinnon actually began running WR routes, like that skinny post vs. HOU (I think it was HOU).

Regardless at this point, JJSS stopped being as effective as he was in the first half of the season, and McKinnon became the consistent option instead.

And we know this is true, because JJSS' projection at about the 8 week mark was to exceed 1,200 yards and 4-5 TDs, but he went from averaging about 60 yds/gm to about 30.

And McKinnon wasn't on pace for 512 yards receiving/10 TDs through about the same number of weeks. His production increased about when JJSS decreased. And we didn't see a big jump in anyone else's numbers. McKinnon effectively was schemed to replace JJSS lack of production.

Okay well, the stats and the timeline seem to imply that. Obviously, I don't know exactly what Andy's real thoughts were.
Again, I think it's reasonable to figure the knee was a problem. But there's no reason to think McKinnon won't still be a useful weapon.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-23-2023, 07:22 PM   #968
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Again, I think it's reasonable to figure the knee was a problem. But there's no reason to think McKinnon won't still be a useful weapon.
Oh, I think McKinnon will still be effective. I just don't think we should reasonably expect him to post the same or greater numbers, that's all. Looking at his career numbers receiving, it's reasonable to expect a small drop overall, closer to his career average, that's all.

That said, we're probably going to need some other player to make some kind of jump to make that up.
Old 05-23-2023, 07:39 PM   #969
MVP

Quote:
Oh, I think McKinnon will still be effective. I just don't think we should reasonably expect him to post the same or greater numbers, that's all. Looking at his career numbers receiving, it's reasonable to expect a small drop overall, closer to his career average, that's all.

That said, we're probably going to need some other player to make some kind of jump to make that up.
Well, yeah. Of course. Why wouldn't we?
Old 05-23-2023, 08:34 PM   #970
MVP

Quote:
Somewhat misleading, in that Mahomes' number 1 receiver wasn't Tyreek, it was Travis. Take Kelce away, and Mahomes might not do as well. I doubt he'd have as large a drop-off as what happened with Rodgers, but Pat also has other advantages that Rodgers didn't have last season. Like Andy. And youth.
Really solid argument for our unwillingness to pay any other weapon more than Travis.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 05-23-2023, 08:41 PM   #971
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
Really solid argument for our unwillingness to pay any other weapon more than Travis.

Well, except for the fact that Travis is 34 this year. Might want to replace that production in the near future. Before he actually declines. Just a thought.
Old 05-23-2023, 09:19 PM   #972
Veteran

Quote:
Well, except for the fact that Travis is 34 this year. Might want to replace that production in the near future. Before he actually declines. Just a thought.
They are trying. In the last two years theyve drafted two 2nd round receivers and traded for a former 1st rounder. Veach could give up 3 future 1st rounders for Marvin Harrison Jr next year and some ppl would still claim we arent doing enough to address receiver.
ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-23-2023, 11:55 PM   #973
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan View Post
They are trying. In the last two years theyve drafted two 2nd round receivers and traded for a former 1st rounder. Veach could give up 3 future 1st rounders for Marvin Harrison Jr next year and some ppl would still claim we arent doing enough to address receiver.
not counting Mecole in the second.

If one of those guys was DK Metcalf, Terry MacLaurin, or Tee Higgins, this isn't a conversation. If you want to critique the FO's ability to scout WR talent after round one, then fine. But the efforts have been made, and the results have been two Lombardi trophies.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-24-2023, 07:38 AM   #974
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Moore didn’t really get big snap counts in the part of the season we’re talking about, save for the Chargers game, where he had multiple big catches on third down, including one where he made Derwin James look foolish.

He definitely had more chops vs man than done so far, but I think he can/will develop better feel for that.

I think Rice complements him well in that regard. He shows a good feel for working vs zone in his highlights, and Keysor’s film review showed that, too, if I recall correctly.

If your top 3 pass catchers feature one guy who is great against zone and man, one guy who has a good feel in zone, and one guy who can win vs man consistently, I think you’re in pretty fantastic shape.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 04:00 PM   #975
MVP

Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.