Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-05-2023, 09:39 AM   #8911
In Search of a Life

I don't think we truly understand what it means in today's NFL to have a QB making the money Pat is making and what they means going forward in terms of what you have to do roster wise.

I don't think by any means they wanted to have a WR group like this or have last years CB group. But really, when you've got that top heavy of a contract, you're gonna have to do that somewhere.

It's probably gonna be the DL next year and everyone will be pissed about it.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-05-2023, 09:40 AM   #8912
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
You won’t because we’ll be winning way more games 38-24…
That's never been a consistent thing here.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-05-2023, 09:40 AM   #8913
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
If the QB you give a huge deal to, needs a loaded offense to do what you want here, he's not worth the huge deal and once you give it to him you won't win.

Period.

We have years and years of evidence stating that to be the case.
It's been extraordinary what Mahomes has done with this offense. The OL has been shitting all over itself. It's not just Taylor either. Trey Smith has 7 penalties, Creed has had 2 in the last 3 games in big moments (I do disagree with both) and Smith has had some penalties too.

RB2 sucks aka Clyde. WR's can't even run routes correctly.

I'm sorry but doesn't this team have one of the best offensive coaches ever on it? Isn't he known for being very organized?

If the blame is always on Nagy or EB then what does the offensive coach that run shit do?

I get we all love Andy but a lot of this dysfunction is on him. He runs this ship
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-05-2023, 09:41 AM   #8914
MVP

Quote:
I don't think we truly understand what it means in today's NFL to have a QB making the money Pat is making and what they means going forward in terms of what you have to do roster wise.

I don't think by any means they wanted to have a WR group like this or have last years CB group. But really, when you've got that top heavy of a contract, you're gonna have to do that somewhere.

You're going to have to do that more than SOMEWHERE, you're going to have to do that EVERYWHERE just about, on a rotating basis year by year.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-05-2023, 09:44 AM   #8915
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
What he means (what they ALL mean) is that we didn't sign a big name, high priced, over 30 (usually don't finish the season) WR, so therefore we decided to give Mahomes no weapons.
I think they should have done that too, so I can't say too much.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-05-2023, 09:46 AM   #8916
In Search of a Life

Quote:
You're going to have to do that more than SOMEWHERE, you're going to have to do that EVERYWHERE just about, on a rotating basis year by year.
Nah, they've got and will have some money.

It's a shell game.

My opinion is that you do it at positions that aren't as valuable as WR's and DE's but that's just personal opinion. People don't like the stars and scrubs method because guys get nicked up. Guys don't like stock the whole team because it's impossible.

I think you keep your star players and fill the rest and....well we downplay how much luck goes into all this.
Old 12-05-2023, 09:47 AM   #8917
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
It's been extraordinary what Mahomes has done with this offense. The OL has been shitting all over itself. It's not just Taylor either. Trey Smith has 7 penalties, Creed has had 2 in the last 3 games in big moments (I do disagree with both) and Smith has had some penalties too.

RB2 sucks aka Clyde. WR's can't even run routes correctly.

I'm sorry but doesn't this team have one of the best offensive coaches ever on it? Isn't he known for being very organized?

If the blame is always on Nagy or EB then what does the offensive coach that run shit do?

I get we all love Andy but a lot of this dysfunction is on him. He runs this ship
The Clyde swing and miss is killer. Sky sucks but 2nd round WR's are that for a reason.

We can blame whoever I guess. I don't really have a preference.

They've won alot and are still 8-4 this year. I guess maybe I don't have the energy to really get that up and arms over it.
Old 12-05-2023, 09:47 AM   #8918
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Citing Jacksonville is a good point.

Without Chark, they have good weapons but not amazing ones. Ridley/Jones /Engram is a step above our best 3 (whatever that may be) but by no means world beaters.

And that offense was just run better. The timing was better. The spacing was better. Everything just looked better than what we've been doing all year.

And that's a really similar scheme to ours just...run better.

I don't think the difference in weapons is what created that broad a gulf. We simply aren't executing at a high level. And the rotation is weird. I just think there are some pretty hard questions that have to be asked of this offensive coaching staff right now, especially when you see teams doing 'our' thing but better than we do it.
I love the evolution of their offense. They were really conservative early in the year and leaned heavy on etienne where trevor was solid but unspectacular. But their offense was fun to watch yesterday and they’ve been quietly outstanding the past month. They ran the same quick decision offense but they moved Trevor around a ton, ran a ton of playaction and misdirection and did those to set up quick aggressive shots just as much as screens.

I would agree that their offensive weapons are good enough. We probably need that plus depth, as zay jones may also be a big reason for their recent resurgence.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-05-2023, 09:52 AM   #8919
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Here's the thing. This offensive staff has been pretty successful in the past in terms of this stuff. They've been ahead of alot of teams from a schematic standpoint.

Andy isn't without his faults, sure. But the guy clearly knows offensive football, yet keeps doing these things with this group.

Guys have blindspots for sure, but to me, it kinda speaks that they don't think the WR group is causing the issues as much as we as fans do.
They’re brilliant but I think we are a bit reactive. Easy to argue we should have seen the deep zone thing brewing in 2020 but we still loaded the 2021 offense with burners. But once they key in on the problem and prioritize it, veach is elite at fixing it. I’m confident he will. Until then we just need to make our pass offense good enough to support terrific units elsewhere
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-05-2023, 09:52 AM   #8920
Beyond the Rapids

Etienne, Ridley, Jones, Kirk, Engram is a really nice set of weapons. They don’t have a Kelce, but no one does. Regardless, theres no comparison between the sum of those position groups and ours. They are set up very well.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-05-2023, 09:53 AM   #8921
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:

Funny how the people that are bitching about Veach and how he handled the WR group aren't bringing up that he's saving money with our DBs.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-05-2023, 09:56 AM   #8922
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
Etienne, Ridley, Jones, Kirk, Engram is a really nice set of weapons. They don’t have a Kelce, but no one does. Regardless, theres no comparison between the sum of those position groups and ours. They are set up very well.
No but I also look at Houston and Green Bay and I don’t know that they have elite weapons either. The problem is we have catch and run weapons where these other teams have downfield weapons. These 2 teams are the floor but I don’t think a Jacksonville type WR room is unreasonable with effort and maybe just a tiny bit more resource. Getting in the habit of drafting well and often at the position is a huge start
Old 12-05-2023, 09:58 AM   #8923
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Funny how the people that are bitching about Veach and how he handled the WR group aren't bringing up that he's saving money with our DBs.
It’s great what we’ve done with the DBs, but we’ve also gone from a Super Bowl Championship team to what looks like a 10 or 11 win team in the same space. Some reflection on that point makes sense.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-05-2023, 09:58 AM   #8924
In Search of a Life

Houston and Green Bay's QB's are throwing the balls to the guys that are open.
Old 12-05-2023, 10:00 AM   #8925
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Well, you're probably going to get it next year, as there's a pretty good chance we have no Jones or Sneed.

And Veach tends to over-build any roster weakness, so I imagine you'll see a revamped WR room.

I don't want to hear any bitching when we lose games 35-31.
I just cannot fathom losing Sneed and Jones anymore. It doesn't make sense. Evidence shows that the depth corners in Josh Williams and Jaylen Watson are just that: depth. Josh Williams did give up a tuddy in GB.

To me the evidence is overwhelming that you tag Sneed if you can't get a deal done. He's that important and losing your 2 best defenders at the same time is hard to overcome.

The Chiefs are projected to have $63 million in cap space after cutting MVS. They'd still have $45 million if they tagged Sneed, which is plenty. And that's before extending a guy like Omenihu and/or Reid to lower their hits.

And again the Chiefs don't need stars at WR. They just really ****ed up badly this year on a talent level. I mean FFS...

MVS-always dropped passes, has never been consistent downfield even in GB
Watson-was on a ****ing PS in January 2022...
Skyy-sucks. Not an NFL player. Complete bust
Toney-talented but always hurt. Can't stay on the field
Ross-dumbass who is in trouble

Rice is the only credible talent at WR. They don't need stars they just need a couple more competent players to fill out WR1-WR3
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.