Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2023, 05:23 PM   #8821
The man you could post like.

Now, if we ran into the 49ers in the Super Bowl and Shanahan hasn't already ran McCaffrey and Samuel into the ground that might be game over.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2023, 05:23 PM   #8822
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Cooks was someone I'd have been happy to add. But there's gotta be a reason he keeps switching teams despite being productive. There's something amiss there.

But sitting here pumping off the Ravens for drafting Rashod Batemen is...interesting. Dude is their version of Skyy Moore only if we'd have taken Skyy Moore in the 1st round.
Learn how to read moron.

I never made a claim about how Rashod Bateman was productive.

My point was the Ravens spent a high pick on him and still added more players and didn't wait for him to "develop".
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2023, 05:23 PM   #8823
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Fair take.

And on the flip side, if we get 2021 postseason Mahomes, who was destroying everything in his path until the second half of the AFCCG...we go back to the Super Bowl.

The hope has to be that 2023 Mahomes can perform like 2021 Mahomes in the postseason.
Absolutely.

I'll say the same thing I said when what's his head was writing obituaries for the Chiefs a couple years back (was it Pete?).

Whatever happens we have got Patrick Mahomes and they have not.

Get me to the playoffs and every single game, no matter the opponent, we will have a punchers chance. And if you have a punchers chance in every game, you have a shot at the Super Bowl.

This team can win a Super Bowl - it has Patrick Mahomes. Is it as likely as some other teams we've had (or will have)? Eh, probably not. But you know what, I think we all believe the 2020 team was better than the 2022 team on paper, right? Welp, 2022 won, 2020 didn't.

Never write the guy off. Ever. But maybe don't plan on superhuman every offseason anymore.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 05:27 PM   #8824

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
Learn how to read moron.

I never made a claim about how Rashod Bateman was productive.

My point was the Ravens spent a high pick on him and still added more players and didn't wait for him to "develop".
They drafted one guy about 20 picks before we drafted ours. We also traded a 3rd rounder for a former 1st rounder who looked damn good in limited run last season. Oh, and OBJ has been about as good this season as MVS was last season - why would you just expect MVS to collapse like he has?

Citing the Ravens as some sort of model franchise for developing/acquiring skill position players is apex dipshittery.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 05:29 PM   #8825

MahomesMagic having himself a little temper tantrum on the thumbs down buttons.

You're a peach, babydoll...
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 05:31 PM   #8826
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2023, 05:33 PM   #8827

Evans is one of the most hilariously and freakishly consistent guys the league's ever seen. And he's done it weirdly under the radar.

I've admitted in the past that I simply hate his style of play. I can't stand the big jump ball guys - they just seem like gimmicks. But man, when you do it as well as he has for as long as he has...well, I lose that argument pretty soundly.

Guy pretty much has to be a 1st ballot HoFer, doesn't he?
Old 12-04-2023, 05:37 PM   #8828
Generational Player

Quote:
They drafted one guy about 20 picks before we drafted ours. We also traded a 3rd rounder for a former 1st rounder who looked damn good in limited run last season. Oh, and OBJ has been about as good this season as MVS was last season - why would you just expect MVS to collapse like he has?

Citing the Ravens as some sort of model franchise for developing/acquiring skill position players is apex dipshittery.
Maybe you should start paying more attention to the rest of the NFL.

Adding OBJ and Zay Flowers in one offseason is far better than what Veach has done in 6 years here at skill position.

All he did is trade a HOF unicorn and ultimately replace him with a 2nd round WR from a small school who is now our new gadget/YAC guy.

It's not just the top end talent. The depth sucks too. Devin Duvernay would be useful here and is barely used now in Baltimore.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 05:37 PM   #8829

Quote:
Evans is one of the most hilariously and freakishly consistent guys the league's ever seen. And he's done it weirdly under the radar.

I've admitted in the past that I simply hate his style of play. I can't stand the big jump ball guys - they just seem like gimmicks. But man, when you do it as well as he has for as long as he has...well, I lose that argument pretty soundly.

I’d say yes, especially considering his QB’s.

Besides Brady… Jameis, Baker, Mike Glennon, etc.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2023, 05:38 PM   #8830
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
No, they're all worse.

Worse than they were in February.

Regression across the board.
But who has? I think you’re reading into really small sample sizes. The Toney regression is head scratching but this is also the same guy who was maddeningly underachieved in nyg even when healthy. I don’t think anyone looked at last years skyy and felt the dude did anything other than pull a few surprise performances in a few games. We just were overconfident in his potential. Watson is the same. Mvs pulled together a great playoff run but he was still the same boom/bust very low target share guy who always had terrible route and catch instincts. I think a lot of this is more flash in the pan and all they’ve done is regress to the mean.

It’s plain and simple… we bet on Toney to be wr1 and hes probably a gadget guy. We bet on skyy to be WR2 and he ain’t it. Mvs was always going to be a low target guy. Watson was a bubble guy we never expected to be elevated to a large target share. We placed bets on these and it didn’t work out. The one bet we got right is the thing we didn’t anticipate - nobody expected rice to be our WR1 knowing Reid’s history with rookie usage.

Add on top of that defenses adjusting to the catch and run offense we tripled down on and kelce not having the same juggernaut level impact as last year, and yeah… a bunch of guys asked to play one level up are going to regress.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2023, 05:43 PM   #8831
pie is never free

Quote:

10 straight thousand yard efforts?

Go ahead and get him fitted for that gold jacket
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2023, 05:44 PM   #8832

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
I’d say yes, especially considering his QB’s.

Besides Brady… Jameis, Baker, Mike Glennon, etc.
He still has some work to do, but there's a non-zero chance he ends up at 16,000 yards receiving when he's done. That would put him 3rd all time. With no real drama, has seemingly been a model teammate, has won a championship.

He'd check off every box (though I don't think he's ever been an All Pro, which is odd).
Old 12-04-2023, 05:44 PM   #8833

Kelce has regressed from last year (predictable at age 34)… which puts more pressure on the WR’s to produce.

McKinnon has severely regressed from last year and his missing production in the passing game also puts more pressure on the WR’s.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 05:47 PM   #8834

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
Maybe you should start paying more attention to the rest of the NFL.

Adding OBJ and Zay Flowers in one offseason is far better than what Veach has done in 6 years here at skill position.

All he did is trade a HOF unicorn and ultimately replace him with a 2nd round WR from a small school who is now our new gadget/YAC guy.

It's not just the top end talent. The depth sucks too. Devin Duvernay would be useful here and is barely used now in Baltimore.
He traded a HoF wide receiver, won a Super Bowl and fielded the best offense in football, then replaced a broke-dick with a 2nd round WR who's pacing to be better than said broke-dick.

You have an odd way of framing this discussion. The difference between what Veach did and the Ravens did is literally OBJ and some change. The Ravens drafted Flowers a hair before we drafted Rice. Then they signed a guy coming off major surgery and a year away from football who's been...okay.

We decided to open an opportunity for a former 1st rounder who demonstrated the ability to be among the more dynamic playmakers in the league. We missed - shit happens.

This gaping chasm in approach you're seeing here simply doesn't exist.
Old 12-04-2023, 05:48 PM   #8835
Mahomes

Does anyone know when Justyn Ross will be off the commissioners exempt list?
Ken Bone Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ken Bone Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ken Bone Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ken Bone Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ken Bone Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ken Bone Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ken Bone Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ken Bone Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ken Bone Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ken Bone Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ken Bone Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.