Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2023, 04:07 PM   #8311
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Look at it this way - McLaurin just signed for 3/$23 million per.

That's probably about market for a player that's real similar to Pittman. Throw a kicker in it for a cap increase and yeah, you're probably in the $24 million range. So is he 'worth' that - yeah, market will probably say that he is.

Would I be super excited to pay it? Nah, not really.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2023, 04:10 PM   #8312
In Search of a Life

I'd like a guy like Mooney becuase I think you can get value there, but I have no interest in spending big on a FA WR.

This year's WR class is absolutely loaded. Draft another one.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 04:14 PM   #8313
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I mean, maybe? He's a fringe top 20/30 guy. Probably in that 25 range if I made a list.

Feels like a pretty classic "High price of mediocrity" problem, though. I mean he's definitely not a top 10-15 guy and if you could get someone like that for 20% more, I think that makes more sense.

Or if you could get someone like Chris Godwin at a bounce-back discount, I'd rather go that route.

Paying $24 million for Pittman just screams paying MSRP for a loaded Tahoe instead of a BMW X7 because you can't quite afford the BMW. The BMW is a better vehicle and probably worth the extra money if you had it. Meanwhile a Kia Telluride is a much better deal and probably more than adequate in its own right.

Gimme the X7 or the Telluride.
The issue with those top 10-15 guys is that they're probably gonna require a draft pick and trade plus paying them to get them right?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2023, 04:15 PM   #8314
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
I'd like a guy like Mooney becuase I think you can get value there, but I have no interest in spending big on a FA WR.

That should also suppress the FA cost, so there could be some value there.

But yeah, I'd rather go for the mid tier guy.....like if I could get Hollywood Brown a bit cheaper, then draft a guy.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2023, 04:16 PM   #8315

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post

Feel like Mooney is still a little redundant. I wouldn't say he's a pure slot guy, but man he's in the slot a LOT. Probably 2-1. And I'm not convinced he's actually very good; really just had one strong season and then has otherwise been hurt or mediocre (of course QB caveats apply, but Moore still looks good in Chicago).

Eh - I think the price would have to be lower than it's likely to be to see real 'value' there. I mean nobody signs for 3/$21 anymore so if you're looking for 2 years, you're likely gonna have to give him the MVS contract.

Not sure I'm a fan of that.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2023, 04:18 PM   #8316
In Search of a Life

Man....any chance the Bears are into trading DJ Moore? We shoulda been all over that.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 04:18 PM   #8317
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
The issue with those top 10-15 guys is that they're probably gonna require a draft pick and trade plus paying them to get them right?
And most likely re-sign with their teams. You are looking at aging vets that actually make it to the market. I prefer Hollywood and draft a tall WR like Franklin the 2nd. I just don't see him getting out of Arizona.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2023, 04:18 PM   #8318

Quote:
Very probably, yes.

The explosion in the WR market has kinda made it feel like the QB market from about 2008 through 2020. No middle class to speak of and if you wanted someone who truly mattered, you had to draft him or trade for him.

The only 'miracle' find in there was Brees to NOLA and that required an injury gamble. Otherwise those guys just don't hit the market. So if you want 'em, draft 'em.
Old 11-28-2023, 04:19 PM   #8319
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post
And most likely re-sign with their teams. You are looking at aging vets that actually make it to the market.
Most guys that make it to market are there for a reason.

It's either draft and develop our Tyreek Hill (sad face) or trade and pay one.

I'd elect the first option but wouldn't hate the second one.
Old 11-28-2023, 04:20 PM   #8320

Quote:
Man....any chance the Bears are into trading DJ Moore? We shoulda been all over that.
You know you're preaching to the choir on that one.

Because yeah, I LOVE DJ Moore here. He's just absolutely perfect. And has enough reasonable term on his deal that you really could justify a pretty aggressive trade offer for him.

A 1st for Moore and Chicago's 3rd? Ugh...that one would hurt, but I'd consider it. Because I could package that 3rd with my 2nd and move up back into range for another strong WR prospect.

And of course, trying to get Moore in a deal for Jones would be nice, but it seems unlikely.
Old 11-28-2023, 04:25 PM   #8321
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Very probably, yes.

The explosion in the WR market has kinda made it feel like the QB market from about 2008 through 2020. No middle class to speak of and if you wanted someone who truly mattered, you had to draft him or trade for him.

The only 'miracle' find in there was Brees to NOLA and that required an injury gamble. Otherwise those guys just don't hit the market. So if you want 'em, draft 'em.
You'll hate it cause you always hate it, but I think I'd give SF our first and pay Aiyuk.....I think he's a top 5 wideout here.
Old 11-28-2023, 04:26 PM   #8322
In Search of a Life

Quote:
You know you're preaching to the choir on that one.

Because yeah, I LOVE DJ Moore here. He's just absolutely perfect. And has enough reasonable term on his deal that you really could justify a pretty aggressive trade offer for him.

A 1st for Moore and Chicago's 3rd? Ugh...that one would hurt, but I'd consider it. Because I could package that 3rd with my 2nd and move up back into range for another strong WR prospect.

And of course, trying to get Moore in a deal for Jones would be nice, but it seems unlikely.
The Jones deal has sailed I'm guessing.

But yeah, he'd have been a nice fit here. With Moore and Rice....and Toney I think you could forego the WR spot for a year or two in the draft if you had to.
Old 11-28-2023, 04:29 PM   #8323

I know Jameson Williams has absolutely sucked ass this year, but...3rd?

Still only 22. 2 more years on his rookie number plus the 5th year option. A young speed complement to Rice.

I'm pretty positive I make that move.
Old 11-28-2023, 04:31 PM   #8324
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I know Jameson Williams has absolutely sucked ass this year, but...3rd?

Still only 22. 2 more years on his rookie number plus the 5th year option. A young speed complement to Rice.

I'm pretty positive I make that move.
Yeah, I make that move twice. Weren't they rumored to like him a few years ago in the draft?

That one makes alot of sense.
Old 11-28-2023, 04:36 PM   #8325
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Most guys that make it to market are there for a reason.

It's either draft and develop our Tyreek Hill (sad face) or trade and pay one.

I'd elect the first option but wouldn't hate the second one.
This isn't true. There's quality WR's that don't cost a fortune. Juju was a good one. Jakobi Myers was an excellent value this year for the Raiders and cost what MVS did.

Nelson Agholor has been solid for the Ravens.

You don't have to spend a fortune to get a competent player
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote