Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2023, 08:00 PM   #8176
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
We didn’t learn anything new about Mvs and watson. Maybe we unlocked something in skyy but that’s doubtful.

We’re going to run the ball a lot more, lean heavier on Pacheco and gray in the passing game. The only major change at wideout is that we’re finally going to ask rice to do a lot more. These are all good changes. If anything it has little to do with simplifying our offense. We are asking rashee to do more (not less), and our other wideouts to do less.
What the hell do you expect to learn about MVS and Watson!?
This is dumb.
They've identified the best option and fed him. That's a pretty good development.
Trying to find a turd in that cake is dumb.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 08:03 PM   #8177
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
I missed part of the middle of the game, so I don't know if they excelled at run-blocking/playing decoy/whatever, but statistically, no. Rice had a pretty nice game, congrats on his first 100-yd game in the NFL, but the rest of the WRs accounted for just 4 catches/36 yards.
I don’t love having guys like Mvs and skyy who soak up a lot of snaps without being threats in the passing game. But skyy does run the rest of the offense and at least for now he can at least start contributing some design plays. Im a little more ok with that as long as rashee can continue to eat targets like this
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2023, 08:06 PM   #8178
Starter

Targets today:

Rice: 10
Kelce: 7
Pacheco: 5
Watson: 3
MVS: 1 (1 too many!)
LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 08:06 PM   #8179
In Search of a Life

They threw it to their best wr more and good things happened

Throw it to Toney when he comes back and keep throwing it to Rice

Good things will happen
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2023, 08:07 PM   #8180
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
They've identified the best option and fed him.
Yes. Exactly.

It has nothing to do with some magical revamp of the WRs. It’s as simple as this.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2023, 08:08 PM   #8181
Veteran

Yeah one drop and no turnovers. A handful of lousy line penalties but fairly clean game.

Mahomes threw to mvs once and it was more of a, scramble and see a guy 5 yards from him and throw it quick play. The 1st quarter felt awful cause we didn't have the ball for even 2 minutes.
irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 11-26-2023, 08:09 PM   #8182
Please squeeze

Quote:
I mean, that’s all well and good but did the wideouts other than rice actually improve? It seems that’s a nice way of saying we’re just going to accept that the back half of our wr room is limited in the passing game so we’re going to scheme around them. We leaned heavier on rice and asked the other wideouts to do very little in the passing game. I guess that technically qualifies as simplifying things
I have been very critical of this group but Yes I think they all played better. Only 1 drop that I remember and Pat wasn’t holding on to the ball for a long time like he usually has been. He had Watson wide open for a long TD but for some reason didn’t throw it.

I also believes it helped to not rotate 7 guys in and out. Just let Rice play every snap until he needs a blow.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2023, 08:12 PM   #8183
MVP

Guys, Rice had 8-107, 1TD on ten targets. That's good, a very good development. They've found ways to get him the ball.

Moore is a flop as a #2, but 3-37 is ok as a 4th option. Pacheco had around 90 yards from scrimmage and two TD's.

Kelce did Kelce things.

If you're complaining about this performance, you're nuts.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2023, 08:14 PM   #8184
MVP

Quote:
Yes. Exactly.

It has nothing to do with some magical revamp of the WRs. It’s as simple as this.
What magical revamp is this that you were expecting? What is this nonsense?
Old 11-26-2023, 08:16 PM   #8185
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
I have been very critical of this group but Yes I think they all played better. Only 1 drop that I remember and Pat wasn’t holding on to the ball for a long time like he usually has been. He had Watson wide open for a long TD but for some reason didn’t throw it.

I also believes it helped to not rotate 7 guys in and out. Just let Rice play every snap until he needs a blow.
Yeah, me too. I support our game planning today. But I just believe it has more to do with expanding roles for playmakers and asking less of our other guys and accepting that they are what they are. If you ask them to do less they can’t make mistakes.
Old 11-26-2023, 08:17 PM   #8186
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaSWana View Post
Targets today:

Rice: 10
Kelce: 7
Pacheco: 5
Watson: 3
MVS: 1 (1 too many!)
Simply getting Rice targets improves the team. If we had one other more or less dependable WR we’d be looking a lot better.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2023, 08:22 PM   #8187
In Search of a Life

Don't think I forgot that a lot of you pillowbiters from the whiny bitch crowd were taking a victory lap last week.

I'm sure you'll be back to walk it back a bit though.

(I'm not taking a victory lap yet either)
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2023, 08:25 PM   #8188
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
I don’t love having guys like Mvs and skyy who soak up a lot of snaps without being threats in the passing game. But skyy does run the rest of the offense and at least for now he can at least start contributing some design plays. Im a little more ok with that as long as rashee can continue to eat targets like this

Skyy is a waste of roster space, plain and simple. he caught 3 balls for 34 yards today, no scores. Whee. Ftr, the last time he caught at least 3 passes was in September. That's 7 consecutive games without catching more than two passes. Which includes 2 games of just one reception, and another blank.

Putting him on the field at this point is literally wasting snaps that could've been given to anyone else with a greater chance of actually generating points.

We'd be better off benching Skyy and putting James or Toney in his place, once Toney and Hardman come back. I realize that we're kind of stuck with Skyy until one or both of those guys come back from injury. And Mckinnon of course.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 08:29 PM   #8189
MVP

I was actually encouraged by Skyy today, yeah low expectations. Scheme him open for a few catches in space makes him at least useful. Did James play much?
jerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 11-26-2023, 08:35 PM   #8190
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryaldini View Post
I was actually encouraged by Skyy today, yeah low expectations. Scheme him open for a few catches in space makes him at least useful. Did James play much?
I hated the throws to Skyy without blockers. Glad he made a guy miss but those plays need to be removed from the playbook.

Rice looked great and glad he got the target volume instead of Watson this week.

But let's see them do it two weeks in a row.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.